Start a new topic

Reporting Options

This post is the offical place to discuss options for reporting players in game.

Idea: In game functionality to report players.

Express your ideas, but please keep all player reports to the support tickets.

23 people like this idea

Let's consider player A and player B become allies.

When player B wants to break the alliance, he presses the 'break alliance' button before any attack.

It is only fair to stop the alliance before any attack/betrayal.

This would also make the difference between 'fair play' (or normal course of a game) and cheating/abusive action.

Saying more on those ideas. 

Stopping an alliance is part of the game but you should stop the alliance (using the alliance feature feature in the game) in order to act that the alliance is over before actually turning your ally into your prey/enemy.

Players would be required to end the alliance before attacking allies. This would help detect abusive behaviour. The bot would go 'hey they are still allies and this player is smashing the other player'.

It seems there are many different ideas in one thread. I have therefore created two topics for two different suggestions :

http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/11000031031

Reporting unreliable allies

I have crossed several players who offer you an alliance. Once the alliance has been accepted, they come and smash you 'in the belly' (in the your strongest position) in order to destroy when the alliance is still on. You would expect to be able to rely on your ally. In my humble opinion, this kind of behaviour kills the fun of the game, would it be possible to implement a button to report 'unreliable allies' please?

and

http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/11000031032

[feature request] bot to detect when a player attacks an ally

The feature request is related to http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/11000031031 .

I think the developer/publisher could monitor fair play rules and have a 'bot'/'robot' to monitor (track) when players attack their allies.

1. Saying 'sorry I need to attack your territory' does not mean you are allowed to steal a continent from your ally because he trust you.

2. Saying 'sorry I need to attack your territory' does not mean you can attack several territories from your allies without permissions.

One idea is the ally who has been attacked could be asked to confirm whether the attack was reasonable (and compliant to fair play) or whether it was abusive/aggressive/cheating.

I suggested it in another thread but how about giving players an in-game message to let other players KNOW WE KNOW THEY'RE CHEATING?

I'm so sick of filling out reports on cheaters since cheating is so rampant in SMG RISK.

Fix the damn game!

ES wird wirklich Zeit das man diesen Armleuchtern das Handwerk legt, das ist doch Ätzend

Echt Krank, 3 Züge und man ist Kaputt, wie geht das ?????

Das ganze Spiel ist seltsam mindestens 40 Spiele wurde immer überrand weil kein Kartenplus nur bei den anderen. 

Please fix the lag when attacking other players, it’s destroyed the game
Krazy_eyes_killa is a cheat. What we need to do is keep a tally and list of suspected cheats. If they show up all the time on that list then it gives legitimate players a resource. Even if they are playing in tandem with a family member...so what. I dont want to play with those players either. I want to play with those who want to win.
Hi, I submitted a ticket for my suggestion but I think this is a better place to share:

Current situation:
When I report a collaboration, I write down the names of the cheaters in the explanation so SMG can look further into their behaviour or previous reports related to their names. 

Issue:
This can be time consuming and is very error sensitive because you have to manually type the names. Also, the data that is submitted by this report needs to be interpreted and is therefore error sensitive on the SMG side as well. Basically what you need is the unique player ID's from the collaborating players. 

Solution:
When you are being cheated on by collaborating players, it would be nice to pick the two collaborating players from the list of players in the game. 
ThrashSydney, the Ignore slider on the reverse of the player-card lets you prevent both:
  • You from joining their hosted games
  • Them from joining your hosted games
  • (This can't prevent you and them from joining someone else's game though)
And there's the fairly easy route for reporting players in-game if you don't wish to report via a support ticket

THREE YEARS AGO I suggested SMG Studio adds a 'Block Player' button that over time will narrow down the pool of players available for cheaters, eventually leaving only beginners to be suckered by them. I've hardly played RISK over the past six months because I'm sick and tired of (1) the cheating and (2) the lack of concern and action by SMG Studio. Until this is rectified, there are other viable 'RISK type' alternatives out there...
Is there a possibility for SMG to make a “search for player” option? Not just a “play w/ friends”, but search for a specific player, to see if that player happens to be teamed up in games w/ “associates” cheating the game? Ive begun to screenshot all of my games, players and the board itself as the game moves along b/c i continue to see the pattern of “player(s)” colluding in the few weeks ive been using the app... It’s not fun, it’s not fair, and if i suspect a player is cheating the game, i want to be able to look that person up, see if they are playing w/ an associate and/or spectate on their games if that was possible (to help expose the cheaters) and if those options arent available, i agree with one of the other player’s idea of putting a “block player” option in on the game, or an in-game notification to SMG to report suspected cheating...those seem like pretty simple ideas to implement

1 person likes this
Tonybennett1, Reginald Viking 22 and MakisParitsis are either close friends or a player with multiple accounts. None of them attacked each other in a meaningful way the entire game despite all three holding continents. Once myself and the other three players we're eliminated i spectated the match and they both played down and let Reginald Viking 22 win. Game id: 087a4aba-a2f2-47ad-91f8-cac3b511a582
And yes! I reported them on the in game.. and through the support ticket. Now I'm blasting them!
Login or Signup to post a comment