Start a new topic

Reporting Options

This post is the offical place to discuss options for reporting players in game.

Idea: In game functionality to report players.

Express your ideas, but please keep all player reports to the support tickets.

23 people like this idea

There needs to be something implemented. Because it seems like every other game someone is cheating with another profile in the game. An example is the from the beginning of the game, say player 2 and player 4 do not attack each other. Ok fine. No big deal, maybe they don't need to. Now we are cycling thru turn 4. It's seems like player 2 is attacking and weakening say everyone in Australia until he has nothing left. Ok fine people go big early in game for hopes of glory. Still no biggie. Now player 4 captures Australia. Ok sweet. Now player 2 captures India and China and defends. Ok maybe he's gonna attack again soon . Nope. Players 2 and 4 exchange cards a few turns in Siam. Now player 2 captures Middle East, Afghanistan, Urals, and Kamchatka. Now he just defends these 4 countries while player 4 takes one or 2 countries at a time in Asia. When p4 is ready p2 now attacks Ukraine Egypt,and Alaska with all he has and player 4 moves in and captures those countries now fully defendable, all offense nearest by are cut down. This is just an example of stupid things I see. I seen this attempted in North America but it failed because the blitz's kept failing and they lost but all the same. This was easiest to explain. I understand some family and stuff play together. But I love the game, despite how easily exploited it is. I grew up on risk. Please fix it somehow so I don't have 1 person take up 2 spots in every few games I play. It's getting old.

5 people like this
I've also seen players who cheat to alter th AI so it never attacks them. Part of the strategy for me is hoping to lead AI players to my opponents, but I've been in games where the AI didn't touch a certain player at all. So yes a reporting system absolutely needs to be implemented. The cheaters just make the game no fun for everyone else.

4 people like this
The worst is when its so obvious and there is nothing you can do about it. You must end up giving up.

4 people like this
They need to add a block player option ( for future games hosted )

4 people like this

Maybe there is a way we can help to regulate cheating ourselves...

1) On the card in the Players screen - add a "Report" button - if someone suspects they are cheating, they hit that button

2) In the Create Game section - highlight any games that have been "Reported"

3) Allow people to go in and spectate these games - and if they also feel that cheating is going on, can confirm it and have that player automatically flagged for inspection by SMG

I'm sure this could work quite well once the user base is large enough - besides, it's quite interesting to watch other people play... so adding a Global Spectate function for everyone would be great anyway!

3 people like this
Rick, it's not that they are 'teaming up', it's one person running 2 accounts.

3 people like this
Extremely sick of people cheating by running 2 accounts. You cannot possibly win 2 against 1. Something must be done to allow honest players to report cheaters when we see them!

3 people like this
The option to click on a player to ban him from your games. Soon the cheaters would run out of players to play. So I just played grandmaster MistiD-1, click, now on my banned list. I host a game, he can’t join, I try to join a game he’s already in or hosting- I can’t join. Lists will be long after awhile but most cheaters would eventually leave.

2 people like this
Just played against 2 obvious cheaters: Peter justice 2 and smith Schulz 2. Both grandmasters added a couple of bots, and started the game. After one of them took south and North America plus Europe, leaving a huge opening, the other didn't attack them but went after me in Australia. Made absolutely no sense. Unbelievably, some people have no shame.

2 people like this
This may not always be cheating especially when bots are involved. For me when I have an alliance with someone I honor it until I eliminate others or until its obviously players will eliminate them. Of course, I sure there are those who cheat.

2 people like this
User reports can help to combat cheating but maybe something more would be useful. I posted this idea in the 'report players when they're cheating' thread and would like to add it to the discussion here: -----------------------------------What if players faced random record inspections or 'cheat checks'. Cheat checks would consist of basically the same process as the one reported players are already subjected to. However, it would probably work best if it was an automated process. Suspicious accounts could be flagged for human attention. To make it more useful the inspections could target only players who have played recently and or accounts that are high ranking. If this were a public effort it would serve as a significant deterrent to cheating.

2 people like this
Is there a possibility for SMG to make a “search for player” option? Not just a “play w/ friends”, but search for a specific player, to see if that player happens to be teamed up in games w/ “associates” cheating the game? Ive begun to screenshot all of my games, players and the board itself as the game moves along b/c i continue to see the pattern of “player(s)” colluding in the few weeks ive been using the app... It’s not fun, it’s not fair, and if i suspect a player is cheating the game, i want to be able to look that person up, see if they are playing w/ an associate and/or spectate on their games if that was possible (to help expose the cheaters) and if those options arent available, i agree with one of the other player’s idea of putting a “block player” option in on the game, or an in-game notification to SMG to report suspected cheating...those seem like pretty simple ideas to implement

1 person likes this
I would like to preface that I suspect cheaters a lot, have played 400+ games here, but this is first time I feel it obvious enough to report. Grandmaster, intermediate and novice opponent. Grandmaster goes after novice after having south America. Intermediate goes after novice after having Australia. Suspicious, but not obvious. Then after grandmaster tries to take out novice, he fails but does take all of North America, South America and Africa but has low numbers guarding borders. I have 27 armies stacked where I can't poke in all territories, so place my 3 to take yellows last territory and go for Alaska to try and poke grandmaster in North America. I fail. Now, I have played risk for 20+ years online and offline. Maybe I'm good, maybe I stink who knows. But in that time I have played with a lot of players, and we both know a true "intermediate" isnt going to go after my 8+ territories and 27 army with under 20 armies to attack with, especially while the only other player is holding 3 continents. Yet that's what they did. They took what man of mine they could to weaken me as much as possible than ended turn to let the grandmaster take me out for my cards. And just in case you try to say he was making a suicide attempt at my cards for himself, which would be ignorant in a fixed card game like this one, he even went a route that didn't make an attempt. I caught a screenshot before he finished to try and illustrate. Thoughts? Curious if they respond and actually do something.

1 person likes this
Can someone please explain how in a fair game the grandmaster should have won this game? It is progressive and explain to me why the master account fortified 40 troops into an area that did not need to be fortified and instead of taking the grandmaster out... he fortified 40 troops there instead of attacking? Please someone explain how this isn't blatant cheating!!!! Xenturion81 and Melanie Nance needs to lose their rank and go back to NOVICE because they clearly didn't earn their ranks by playing fairly!!!! And why did xenturion leave 1 troop for melanie nance to take from me my cards when he/she could have easily taken it!!!!!

1 person likes this

I usually host games, however I do NOT allow any master or grandmaster player to join EVER.  Apologies to anyone who has legitimately made those levels (I have on a few occasions made it to the Master level myself) but it has been my experience that nearly every single time I encounter a master or grandmaster...they are cheaters.  I've also noticed a common pattern of a game with a grandmaster usually will either have another grandmaster or a master in them.

I RARELY, however, ever see a master (and NEVER a grandmaster) join any games I host.  Hmmmm...I wonder why that could be?  Because they set up their own games to cheat with.  That's why.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment