Start a new topic
Implemented

New Dice Algorithm / True dice rolls

Game does not use true dice roll probabilities. Many, many times I've had 97-99% chance to win and dont.

HOW TO VOTE FOR THIS FEATURE? Tap the 'Do you like this idea?' below

91 people like this idea

So I just wanted to show everyone that this game is clearly altering rolls in favor of GrandMasters. Here are the screenshots to prove it. 666 games and only 15% rolls on 1's!!!!! Obvious flaw in the SMG dice algorithm. I've had this account since before SMG changed the code and it was all 16% until they changed it. Now I'm rolling a lot more 6's, 5's and apparently 2's. Fix your code SMG! Grandmasters don't deserve an advantage over everyone else lol

I believe Hasbro is the name of the company who had it before SMG. I don't know if they merged or if SMG just got the game from them but it was maybe a year ago when this happened.

I prefer 5 min games, although 3 mins is usually enough to kill 5 players in one turn. The problem is less people seem to want to join 5 min games.

Awesome. We'll wait 2 years or so and maybe get it. :)

I already made a feature request to increse the turn timer by a few seconds when you make a Blitz attack. That would totally solve it and is super easy to implement.

Dude, I only play 5/8 minute games - solves the time limit problem!

When did SMG take over, and from who? Aren't they the original developers of the game?

Agree that I want true Dice rolls.The only thing I'll put in is back before SMG took over, when you did a Blitz with 50+ troops, it would hang your device for a split moment trying to calculate all of the rolls. It was a little aggravating especially if it was on a slow device (I now only use fast ones) so I can see why they wanted to go with a probability matrix.If they'd fix the timer to allow you to finish a whole turn without letting people delay the game then I'd be all over going back to a slower but more real system. If I got 5 seconds for every roll I did I could actually win games that I normally would win without these damn time limits.

Yes that's what I suspect as well. Blitz probably does not contribute much or anything to the statistics, but only SMG really knows.

The other thing is, I understand that they have some kind of control comparison and that is basically the limit if you did the battles an infinite amount of times. That is to what you refer as expected average.

And now their algorithm gives results, which can differ up to 5% from this control comparison.

That's completely unacceptable in my opinion, it's certainly possible to achieve a difference less than 0.1% to true dice throw outcomes. Devices these days are so powerful that you could even run a MonteCarlo simulation, which would be pure brute force but still fast enough and accurate to these degrees.

I mean I don't want to sound like I'm only here to complain, the app is great and I really enjoy playing the game, but these numbers just seem off and the statement does not really make me more confident in the accuracy of the algorithm -_-

Blitz can't possibly be giving data for each and every roll. The point of their algorithm is to bypass that. I believe it does a couple of rolls to confirm the results after rolling for the results. Doesn't seem like it would use dice for that though. I have no clue as that code is not shared as far as I know.

+/- 5% doesn't mean your chances of a roll change by 5% it means that expected averages can vary by that much. And that makes sense. Until you have millions of rolls, it's not going to be dead on to the odds of getting something, speaking by the average. Would love to see a number of rolls stat in the dice counter. One of my accounts has over 700 games on it and the dice rolls are all even. It wasn't always. I think I started it not long before when everyone started complaining in this very thread.

I have a 6th account now that I play with when I can't find good enough ranked players. It is rolling less 1's but we'll see how it pans out. Will have to make more accounts to test the theory. Or SMG can just answer honestly?

The question is. How are these stats composed?
Is it from normal rolls only or from Blitz rolls as well, I suspect it is not from all rools as Blitz is probably using some shortened algorithm.

And what Briand is saying is, that if you 1s are rolled less frequently than the defender is getting a higher advantage than he is supposed to, compared to true dice rolls.

There is another very disturbing statement in the Faq, I quote: "The results are within +-5% of the control comparison, which is acceptable."

Uhm no, it's not acceptable at all, when I attack with 8 vs 1 and the chance of winning is 99,9% and instead it's 95%, because the difference is like night and day.

5% deviation is absolutely unacceptable for a trivial algorithm like dice throwing ;/

I won a 3 vs 10 attack today but I also had some heavy losses so that by itself doesn't prove much. I do think everyone's rolls are skewed not just the attacker or low ranks or high ranks or new accounts or old accounts but everyone's. Having all accounts use the same dice algorithm is the most logical and best approach to take when writing the game. I can't imagine SMG would change rolls from one account to another. I think the stats we are posting are both defensive and offensive rolls together. I'm not happy about the rolls being different from equal odds, but I doubt I would change much about my decision making based on just a slight adjustment.
I made a new account to enjoy destroying newbies.2 games into it and my dice rolls are 13% for the 1's. If it's true that 1's are rolled less often, then the defender is getting some advantage here (assuming it's the same for the defender). If the defending dice are not affected by this, then the defender is getting screwed.

I have a fairly new account. Maybe a couple of weeks old. It is Expert / Master level, depending on my current streak. The dice are clearly biased, because I have played 400+ games now and I have 13% of 1s rolled. No way can this happen after such a huge sample size. I just don't understand how it is so difficult to implement smth. this basic and simple ;/

The dice are clearly biased to roll higher than 1.

1 person likes this
My stats as a Novice. Note that I mostly play offline games with the AI, as I have basically given up on online games due to the fact of not being credited for wins which would have increased my rank.
The Wilburn Howitzer account is fairly new. I made it immediately after the update that added spectator mode. The other two are a bit older but stll newer than the last dice algorithm change I know of. But I think all accounts roll with the same algorithm as that makes sense to me as a programmer and SMG says it is the case. the reason old accounts stats are not as skewed is because they have a large sample from before the change to the matrix dice.
Login or Signup to post a comment