Start a new topic

Create and share your own RISK maps

IDEA: Create your own maps with a custom map editor. Share and vote on the best maps.

HOW TO VOTE FOR THIS FEATURE? Tap the 'Do you like this idea?' below

36 people like this idea

Currently, IAPs allow individuals to buy new maps. Would players be required to pay for the map creator?

2 people like this

Taylor –if we were to build a public map editor, it would be made free to everyone to encourage people to create new maps. –Lee@SMG

8 people like this
I think it would encourage many people to buy premium (which I don't see why anyone wouldn't)!

4 people like this
I think you could have a section on 'Best Maps' of the day, the month, and all time.

5 people like this
And, I think there would need to be a mix of pre-shaped countries/continents. Whilst at the same time, we may need to draw individual countries. (Posted separately for voting on)

6 people like this
Great idea, love the potential this game has and that the development team is actively trying to improve it!

6 people like this
This is my favorite idea so far. Would these be allowed in ranked play online? Maybe you could have an unranked online mode to go along with this and some of the other ideas that have been mentioned (fog of war, spies, etc.). That way IAP would still have meaning as only those maps would be allowed for ranked play.

5 people like this
That's crazy but i would buy it for sure

4 people like this
Very cool idea

4 people like this
Please do this! It would be soooooooo awesome. I’ve already designed my own physical, paper maps, and this would make those next-level.

3 people like this
There could be a weekly limit on created maps—say, one. SMG could sell user-made maps to other players—for gems. Maybe the top four maps of the week come in a reduced-cost Weekly Custom map pack. Individual maps would appear as Custom [Map name here], and could appear in the Create Game map-choosing phase. Each player could then access a “library” that includes all games that they’ve created. Perhaps previous weeks’ maps could require a reduced gem/coin cost to permanently unlock. The best maps could be voted on by players after (unranked) Global Domination games. Also, one could unlock maps from a Friend’s library. Only SMG-approved maps can be used for ranked games, while unapproved maps can be used in any other game mode. Maps could be made, first, by selecting a background; such as River, Coast, Land, or Sea. Then continents could be placed, maybe choosing from predetermined shapes, moving them around and next to each other. Territories could be chosen, selecting a number/shape; they could be dragged to different places as well. Then sea-lines would be placed, only continuing when all territories are accessible. There would be minimum/maximum limits on continents, territories, snd sea-lines. With Premium, one could import pdfs for maps, also draw in-app. Perhaps Premium members could make unlimited maps per week. Also, territory, map, and continent names could be auto-generated; players would have to choose from certain options/type in names—all clean, of course. SMG could rename any popular maps, of course. Maybe players with a popular map get some kind of reward—gems, perhaps? Potentially, this all could be done separately, not an in-app design feature, but an importable one. Please implement this!

2 people like this
Also, what if there were random, one-game autogenerated maps? That’d be cool.

2 people like this

Would very much like this to be a feature! My self and a group of mate would like to carve up our home town as well as a bunch of other well known cities.

2 people like this

Myself and friends would very much like to see this implemented xoxo

2 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment