Start a new topic
Planned

Automatic territory selection + manual troop placement

IDEA: This combines automatic and manual selection. Territories are automatically allocated by computer for all players. Players then select manually where to place troops.

This would be a third option of set-up (after manual and automatic) that can be set in the game options screen.

HOW TO VOTE FOR THIS FEATURE? Tap the 'Do you like this idea?' below

116 people like this idea

So what's taking so long for this to be set up? This is really the true way to play Risk. Every player drops 3 armies each turn in turn order. 15 seconds per turn. I dont know how anyone plays automatic on this game. The worst way to play.

Definitely this. I would like to see what players have been allocated which territories, but think it would be best if the  placement was invisible to the other players. That way, there's an element of strategy and a little luck in your choice of placement. If you're sharing Australia with one or two other players, do you take a chance on putting a big army there, or do you avoid the inevitable melee that will ensue if everyone makes that choice - or do you place your troops slightly scattered about, but with a focus on a preferred continent, so you can swoop in once the dust has settled. Seems like a fun option.

If you go with option 1 you need to see where the other troops are going.  When I play with friends you can bluff to get players to leave countries so you need to be able to move troops until the timer ends. 

I’ve been playing this game since the earliest of times and have always wanted this in the app. Not sure why this has taken so long to implement. 100% the best way to play risk. Option 2 is a definite. I’d say make it 10 seconds and 2 troop deployment at a time. (Speeds up the deployment time with no loss of strategy)

As others have said, I would have thought this would have been an early feature.  I kept waiting for it to come, but realized I should put in my two cents.  I prefer option 2. with players taking turns and only one army at a time.  It is more like what we played on the board game.  I don't mind other options, but this should be the first option implemented.  Thanks.

Why has this not been implemented yet? I can’t fathom why this was not part of the original app seeing as how THIS IS HOW THE GAME IS SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYED. Please hurry. And yes, option 2 with a short timer (10sec). I made an account just to request this.
Option 2 is how I always played Risk !!!

1 person likes this

Option 2, follow classic risk as closely as possible.

1 person likes this

Why not make available both as an option which we can choose?

1 person likes this

Again, the best option is probably a combination of the two presented here. The original online version of Risk (called Attack! which got sued by Hasbro I believe, forcing it to go offline) actually got this right. Players took turns placing, but they got 5 armies to place each turn, and roughly 20 seconds to place them. This sped up the placing phase significantly over what is currently the manual mode here, but still allowed players to adjust placement strategies based on what other players were doing. 

Please please please. Make it option 2. Looking over option 1, it sounds like a disaster and a great opportunity for stupid games where people put all their troops on one spot and no one knows where till it's too late. Risk has always been strategy, reaction and altering what you do to others or dominating them. Option 1 ruins the strategy of risk. Option 2 is the only way to go :) Keep it up team. I'm loving the game and the fact your willing to add stuff we want

1 person likes this
NEEDS to be option 2. That's how traditional risk is played and how the majority like it. In terms of how many troops deployed as each turn comes around. I would suggest groups of "2" in large games (5-6 players) and groups of "3" troops in smaller games (3-4)

1 person likes this
Alternate turns on placement 1 territory at a time but allow placement of as many troops as you wish. Once you place troops in 1 territory it moves to next player. Placement MUST be visible to all players.
YES. And it should be 3 or 5 at a time, not 1. There are 3 things this game needs. This is one, the second is spectator mode after you get killed, which looks like it is being planned. The third is a time extension. Every player should have a button that allows them to extend their turn an extra minute either once or twice per game. That or you set up the timer so you get an extra 5 seconds or so every time you conquer a territory.
Option 2 definitely. Option 1 sounds like an opportunity for players to collude so that the game is essentially decided before first turn. Seems like I often finish in second place due to people with ridiculous treaties allowing a large continent to be held by a single army on the border. Collusion is a major problem in this online game (I still love it!) and option 2 will only make it more rampant.

2 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment