Start a new topic
Planned

Color blind option for RISK players and territory colors

IDEA: Add a settings option for color-blind players to easily distinguish between green and yellow, and blue and purple colour schemes used for players and map territories. 

HOW TO VOTE FOR THIS FEATURE? Tap the 'Do you like this idea?' below

71 people like this idea

i was going to submit this, glad im not the only one. I cant tell the difference between the green/yellow at all. And yes that has led to me losing games.

8 people like this
I can't make Alliances due to I can't tell blue/purple or green/yellow apart ! I also always have to be red.

5 people like this

Hi Jerod, this feature is planned in our dev queue. I'm very sorry we didn't add this sooner. 

Thanks! –Lee@SMG

5 people like this
I am colorblind and can't tell the difference in the green and yellow colors. But even my non colorblind friend has trouble with those. Glad this will be addressed.

4 people like this
This would definitely help new and old colorblind players and would encourage colorblind players to stay.

4 people like this
Colours like black or white would work. I fink orange and yellow are two close in colour

3 people like this
Would each players army have its own image?

2 people like this

We'd add a setting for players to enable colour blind option on their device. 

We'd post an image to this thread with the revised player and territory colours for feedback to ensure there is sufficient contrast between problematic colour combinations. –Lee@SMG

1 person likes this
I love this idea. I can only play games I start because I can only distinguish red. Can't tell yellow from green or blue from purple. And only play 4 people cause if I play more then orange comes into play.

1 person likes this

A decent short term partial solution would be to make the 4th, 5th, and 6th armies Purple, Green, and Orange (In that order).  Orange, Red, and Green are all very similar for red-green color-blindness (the most common).  The colors that you chose for yellow and green are identical.

1 person likes this
Glad this problem is being addressed. I'm moderately colorblind and I've had this problem on many versions of the computer Risk game. I can usually figure it out but it definitely takes extra time. Perhaps patterns could be used in conjunction with color. For example stripes, checker, dotted lines, stipple etc. Perhaps there could be more than one color/pattern scheme. Thank you, Marcus

1 person likes this
This is great I am colour blind and the yellow and green is an issue. How about yellow, red, white, dark blue, grey 5hese would not be an issue

1 person likes this
A year later still no colorblind mode...?

1 person likes this
Yeah, I was pretty excited about the requests for feedback and improvements they planned to make for this game. But they seem to have given up on improving the game. It is odd that they’d seek feedback if they were not ever going to act on it.
This is a great idea. I have a terrible time distinguishing yellow and green but sometimes orange depending on the lighting. I have no issues with red, blue, or purple. I definitely have lost some games also because of this. Making the yellow brighter would most likely solve the issue because most who are colorblind have trouble with lighter shades of yellow and green, like in the online game.
Login or Signup to post a comment