Start a new topic

STOP letting players use the AI trick, leave coming back, leave coming back.

They constantly do this until they are in a position to win the game because real players don't want to waste troops attacking the AI.

PLEASE put in an option that if they leave they can not come back or a time limit/number of times a player can return. It's SO GOD DAMN ANNOYING.

2 people like this idea

I disagree. Attacking an AI is good way to make ground and get cards because their play is more predictable than real players. In my opinion, it is a disadvantage to leave and join the game , you won't ever be in a position to win by doing so when you are playing against above novice opponents..

I'm a grand master, most good players don't waste troops attacking AI because they try and use them against other players because like you said there play is predictable. Thing is  say  there is only 3 players left 2 real, 1 AI player the real players will try and take each other out so it's just them vs AI but AI player comes back just when the other 2 real players are so depleted they he/she wins the game.

I see your point, as a grandmaster  too, I will go for Real players first if I have a chance. But I'm playing only progressive with 6 players online from the start, so in this configuration it is more complicated for real players to step in and out hoping for" their" AI to do the job.

If you play with capitals you can kinda leave it undefended if the AI is nearby. Against real players not a possibility. That is one reason for me to focus on other players instead of AI. That makes the AI stronger for a while but can be easily defeated after you dealt with the other real players.

I also suggested an other feature just a few minutes ago, and that is to filter/ban people that go offline after a bad turn. More or less same reason as this topic.

Players leaving, and returning a long time later to find their bot in a winning position, has nothing to do with the game RISK.
However, it's very useful to have an AI take over your game for some turns if you, for some reason, loose connection to the server.  
My suggestion is:  if you for some reason drop out of the game, an AI will play your game for until you return. You have, let's say 10 min to return (could be more or less, whatever is sufficient and not too annoying), and if you fail to return to the game within this time, you will  loose and be unable to return to the game, and the bot will continue your game. Plain and simple.

With this solution there will always be someone unhappy with loosing the game, just because they were unably to return to the game quick enough. 
But i think this is a small price to pay compared to the current situation, where someone can "bot out", and return to the game at a later stage and just "steal" the victory. 

Login or Signup to post a comment