Start a new topic

I'm Ready Button BEFORE the game starts

I was very happy when SMG applied the "I'm ready" button for players joining a game that starts. I do agree that there was too much risk in joining a game that would turn out to be a trap that you get sucked into if you aren't back button happy.

However, now the dice are only in the hands of the joiner. For one, the player only gets 10 seconds to confirm the game before it starts and withdraws the player. Players aren't always paying attention to the game to catch that moment to confirm.

But even more importantly, if someone joins a game and the creator starts it, thinking that person wants to play but then just doesn't confirm, we end up with a game with AI when we really wanted humans. The "I'm Ready" button needs to be added to the game creation side and not a part of the game launching function. this way, the game creator can't start the game until everyone is "ready" and when we start the game, nobody can bail out of the game on us and ruin it from the start. Both sides win.

1 person likes this idea
1 Comment

This feature is very important. Like in Age of Empires II. IN SPANISH:

Propongo una característica que le agradaría a todos: jugando contra el mundo en Gobal Domination, en vez de confirmation durante los 10 segundos antes de la partida con el botón, quitar esos 10 segundos y que el botón esté en la pantalla anterior donde se ven los detalles del juego y los contrincantes y todo. Es un mejor lugar para confirmar que se quiere jugar ese juego. Como en Age of Empires II. Luego ni da tiempo de ver detalles porque luego entra uno y de inmediato inician el juego sin saber detalles. Y por eso luego no confirman y se salen.

Login or Signup to post a comment