Start a new topic
Implemented

New Dice Algorithm / True dice rolls

Game does not use true dice roll probabilities. Many, many times I've had 97-99% chance to win and dont.

HOW TO VOTE FOR THIS FEATURE? Tap the 'Do you like this idea?' below

91 people like this idea

Its not the random number generator, but the algorithm that uses it. They seem to have developed thw blitz algorithm apart from summup up independent dice rolls. What they might have done is take the ratio of attacker to defender to weight the outcome. Thats a reasonable approach to save vompute time.
Posted by Ash over at their official Facebook page: "When we first implemented the code we used random on each individual die. The problem was you got a lot of extreme cases with this. So now we use a probability matrix. There's still edge cases but it's MUCH less than what happens if each dice roll is totally random." Well, now THAT explains it... SMG is NOT using a true RNG, but rather a "probability matrix" (i.e. the dice are rigged, plain and simple). Extreme cases or not, EACH and EVERY single die roll should be rolled as RANDOM, as this is how it would be with REAL-WORLD dice (and apparently, how it is coded in all of the other Risk and Risk-like games that I play... i.e. NO questionable dice rolls).

1 person likes this
That explains why I notice people able to stream right through kills with higher probability and no random mishaps along the way sometimes. It should be truly random. catastrophe is a part of the game. And they still happen to me but I guess not as much and would be nice if a miracle can happen sometimes.

2 people like this

This needs to get fixed.  I just had 24 troops wiped out by 6 attackers.  Then on the flip side I lost 12 people attacking 1.  It happens more often than not.  The odds just are not in the favor of the way this is set up.  It seems to be an ongoing issue.  

1 person likes this
After reading this thread, I began watching more and more battles. Attackers 6 vs 1, 7 vs 2, 8 vs 3 lose very often. I began rolling dice regularly instead of blitz. There are WAY to many sixes being rolled by defenders, especially when rolling only one dice. The number distribution isn't close to what is being shown on the profile page. This really is a huge problem, and I hope smgstudio takes the problem seriously because its messing up games, especially in the first few rounds when troops are at a huge premium. Love the game, but the dice are off because defenders are rolling too many sixes.

1 person likes this
It's not the random number generator but how the algorithm uses the random numbers that is far from board play in Blitz mode. SMG offered some clues their Blitz algorithm wasn't true to form. My advice is to avoid Blitz.

1 person likes this
I completely agree!!! The dice rolling is completely ruining it for me!! You usually either roll right through everyone without losing anyone, and then once in a while they make up for it by having you lose every time and everyone you attack, every time, until all your men are gone. Could have 15 to 1. THERE IS NO IN EVEN BETEEEN! Or back and forth. It's really bad.

1 person likes this
Yeah, this new dice system is far fetched...but it helps at the begining of the match...it allows following players to have a chance after the first turn of the first player. But still, 23 to 7 ....just flatened me, so upset... Plus i went on a rediculius loosing streak due to this un realistic dice rolloing algorithm. "Sigh" ive bought every add (premium version and all maps) and i am a Grandmaster. Its hard keeping a true statistical record. Its stressful but i deal with it.

2 people like this
I don't understand the battling system. How does it work exactly. See what I'm seeing since the new update is that numbers don't matter anymore? What I mean is I had a stack of troops 47 strong and my opponent had 7 troops. Now how is it that they took me out only losing 1 of their troops? Also I have many of times had 23 or so troops and lose all but 1 troop going after a territory with only 2 troops. How are these number plausible because if I don't figure this out then I may give up on the entire app. It's frustrating. Can someone explain please.

1 person likes this
They don't care they just keep saying that the RNG wasn't fair even though everyone complains about their unfair dice
I have not been able to win ONE game since I started. put 8 hours into i think. Maybe that's just cuz I'm not good. but i reall just don't get it lol

1 person likes this
One million people playing someone is bound to have that happen to them and likely to come on here complaining.I have seen pretty close to this sometimes but I've also played thousands of games.

Ive played about a thousand games and its only when SMG took over. They implemented a transition matrix approach to Blitz, and although computationally less costly, isnt true to the board game. I also have a PhD in engineering, specifically in "stochastic sequences". So the fact of the matter, the RNG may be good, but the Blitz algorithm that uses it isnt truely random.

1 person likes this
Geez. I don't have a PHD. I only have a bachelor's in aerospace. Statistics was only one class in engineering courses though. Anyway, nothing done by a computer is truly random. However, using a transition matrix is far worse from calculating each roll. Blitz before did tax the processing power of your device because ti calculated each roll in a Blitz and maybe that's why they did it but I don't want it randomly generating a result based on possibilities I want it to roll each one.

2 people like this
"I want it to roll each one." - Briand / AGREED 100%!

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment