Start a new topic

Secret Mission RISK

IDEA: This is Risk with a twist based on the 1993 Secret Mission rules.

Each player a specific mission short of complete world domination. Players do not reveal their missions to each other, and the first person to complete their mission wins. Missions are:

1. Capture Europe, Australia and one other continent
  2. Capture Europe, South America and one other continent
  3. Capture North America and Africa
  4. Capture North America and Australia
  5. Capture Asia and South America
  6. Capture Asia and Africa
  7. Capture 24 territories
  8. Capture 18 territories and occupy each with two troops
  9. Destroy all armies of a specific color or—if one's own troops are that color—capture 24 territories (one mission for each color)

NB: if a player's mission is to destroy all armies of a particular color, and another player kills off the last armies of that color, their mission changes to capturing 24 territories.

HOW TO VOTE FOR THIS FEATURE? Tap the 'Do you like this idea?' below

103 people like this idea

I joined this just to request this feature. I have been playing Risk since 1991 with my school friends and family. We still play when we see each other but is more difficult now that we all Have families, and we live in different countries. With the current pandemic situation we started playing again with the app but there are some features that we missed from the good old board game. The missions is probably the most popular feature we missed. Please include this in the next update.

1 person likes this
This feature would make the game really 100 times more interesting thanks to the suspense brought by the following unknown: what missions have my opponents been able to draw ... ??? Do not hesitate, add this ! 

1 person likes this
In addition, it is not complicated to develop this functionality. Probably less than one working day ? It just needs to add a few lines of code into your algorithm, like this : >> at the start of game : each player draws (at random) a card that assigns their own mission. >> after each conquest : if (the mission player is finished) {player wins and it's the end of the game} else {continues normally}

1 person likes this
I'm sure as a child I used to always pick out the mission card capture Asia and South America. For some reason that was my favourite and I didn't want to chose a random mission.

1 person likes this

It is an option - you can play this mission, or just stick to original Risk!

1 person likes this
Please are this feature!

1 person likes this
Thanks for replying The only problem I could see with this version is that without a chat feature, players aren't able to guess other players missions. This could lead to some frustrating situations if someone's mission card allows them to defeat a novice or any beginner, or even an AI in order to win the game, and other players unable to point out their intentions. It just means it would lack the need to try and pursue your mission in secret. Or it might not be a problem at all, I'm just speculating here, either way I'd love to see it added.

1 person likes this
Seems like an odd idea. All players are going about their business without ever knowing what the others are up, specifically how much progress they are making towards achieving their specific mission. If this was to be interesting, at the very least all players should be able to consult a gage (ascending color slider possibly) that would show each player's progress towards completing their mission. I would never play a game, struggling to reach my objective, while never knowing when the game was to abruptly end.

1 person likes this
Just want to bump this again ! Please implement this style of game. One of the absolute best. Now you’ve added a limited chat feature. You can implement this with an option to guess someone’s mission and post it to other players. Please add this ASAP !

1 person likes this

I noticed that all the options listed by SMG are for the classic board. Would this potentially be added to the other boards?

1 person likes this
And winning golden coins

1 person likes this

That's a great site! (Google tells me that it's trying to steal my password info though).

Thanks!
Not good. It does not.
Did you sign on with the social the logins? Please forward feedback to tobiasharbo@gmail.com so this thread doesn't get polluted :) 

thanks for that website Tobias!

This would be a great implementation to risk would love to see it.
Login or Signup to post a comment