Start a new topic

Fog of War in RISK map

IDEA: You can only view enemy positions in adjacent territories, everything else is hidden. As you explore the map, the fog will be removed from adjacent territories within view.

This would either be a custom game setting, enabled by the game host (so not a default setting for all maps). 

HOW TO VOTE FOR THIS FEATURE? Tap the 'Do you like this idea?' below

143 people like this idea

This would be a great idea, it makes thd game more challengimg, and strategic. And it also would be a great idea to make it a custom option instead of being a Default option, like making a hard mode.

1 person likes this
I'm really liking this "fog war" idea. I think that would be really awesome

1 person likes this
I like the Fog idea but I don't like the alliance seeing each other idea because everyone will just ally with everyone else to see the board making the whole fog thing pointless.
Great Idea !!!!
Great Idea !

1 person likes this
Yes. Make it an option when creating a game!

1 person likes this
Horrible idea that completely changes the dynamics of the game.
Hi guys, How can i test fog of war option in risk on iphone/ipad? Great option btw... Hope to test it soon, thx again Zibfr
Im excited to give it a whirl. I like the idea alot. I don't think it's cool however to let allies see. I mean, in real world war in my opinion, allies never let the others in on their strategy, and strongholds. "Keep your friends close, enemies closer" Just a thought. Look forward to it either way.
It sound like it could be an awesome challenge. I would like to become a beta tester.
great idea would love to test it
plz hurry with the update or let me b beta tester ;)

my first feedback of the fog beta is positive - quite a new game play.... the only things are as follows:

1) alliance - like the idea that you can see the territories of your alliances - but quite unfair is when your alliance partner breaks the alliance or attacks you - and at one point this is always the situation... your former partner has and can see all your territories whilst attacking you... and the breaks the alliance so you start to be blind... 

2) at one point the computer will overtake and as always the computer starts to attack the stronger ones which is the closest ones... so it is impossible to finish the game even when one should as a winner as the computer has many advantages.... and always wins ... so changing the compouter is aboslutly needed

Hi Tobias,

just to make sure it`s common knowledge: As soon you are the last remaining HUMAN player in the game, you get the ranking points of a victory.

- SMG

Tobias, it sounds to me like you need to play more offline single player games against the computer.  Without a doubt, the fog of war makes defeating the computer more difficult.  But if you play right, you'll win every time.

Login or Signup to post a comment