Start a new topic

Cheaters

I have reported all the cheaters that I know for sure in the game because some of them are very obvious. However, this issue has yet to be resolved. I would like to be able to get back into the game after being wiped so that I can see the end of the game and figure out who's cheating for real. This game is not fun at all if people cheat and I am considering to find something else more entertaining and healthy to play.

21 people have this question

It's always tough playing with players who choose not to play fair. (Specifically, two or more accounts)

Try to understand, this is a player exploiting the game, but is not using a cheat.

I say this as SMG can't stop you (fix) from playing one account on WiFi, and another on cell towers.

So getting upset at SMG won't help you, and is nothing they can resolve.

Feel free to debate cheating vs exploiting here: http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/11000011701

I did read about a player resetting the game before he losses, and yes this is cheating and something SMG can, and I think is, looking into. 

I just reported two grandmasters that teamed up in the most obvious way : Toeny88 and mimfasano1. Hopefully they can remove them and their status since that is all they care about.

Whenever I suspect cheaters I resign myself to not winning and just try to help any other players in the game win. Since we can't stay in after the game, I'm not sure how successful I have been. 

Oh and BTW....what about those guys that, while you are attacking and taking them out, that they ask for alliance, ignore, ask for alliance, ignore, in such a quick way that they try to distract you from taking them out....is that not cheating???? Should they not be reprimanded? There are many ways of cheating in this game, and who is to say which is more severe than the other...so we don't live ina perfect world and this isn't a perfect game...so either take it as it is and enjoy it or leave.
That is exactly our point : you can fix this exploit with the implementation of an automated match making system. Your argument is invalid. Btw another loser with two accounts tonight : Fruit252 & Michael Evensen. Red goes on on me instead of green when there is 1 card to gain. Stupid idiot.
IMG9750.PNG
(894 KB)
IMG9749.PNG
(869 KB)

boom.  exactly, why would anyone have 2 accounts and even the temptation to do so.

Has anyone else run into this? I'm not sure if it's a new cheat or just a bug. I set up games with several computer players. In 3 of my last 8 games, one of the computer players suddenly stopped attacking anyone and just added armies to territories. In all cases, this happened when this computer player would have attacked a continent controlled by another human player. I now suspect this is a cheat because of 2 in-game events: 1. When I eliminated the human player benefitting from the "frozen" computer player in all 3 cases, the frozen computer player began attacking again. 2. The frozen computer player in one game suddenly started attacking again and another computer player became frozen...again when it benefitted the same human player. Luckily control of the computer players seems to be limited to one at a time.
I prefer elo over simple win percentages. Also the rankings are absolutely necessary in my opinion. They let players have a sense of how good they are, how far they’ve come, and how much better they could be. I’d prefer if I could see my actual rating (as in chess) and not just my place relative to others but the classes are at least a big picture view of that.
It's not a boom. The first problem when you play a lot is the battery. The next problem for me is that I use 2 devices at work. Sometimes one and sometimes the other. Since I have two accounts, I can always play. Now as I type the device is plugged into the charger. The rules of SMG are clear. You can have multiple accounts and you may not use them at the same time. I don't understand why someone wears a yellow shirt, but I don't make it a problem. There are other personal reasons and none of them are cheating. I have another problem. We all know how much robots bother us in the game. There are players who often do not confirm their participation in the game, and then we get a boring robot. I think that's cheating too. If more players agree with me, we can ask SMG to eliminate players who do this often.

Jason, 

I have Zero interest to join your band wagon to point out people you don't like or think are cheating!

I am only interested in a solution that leaves everyone with no option but to admit the game they just played was fair without cheating!

This is why I've pushed for a game finder "Auto Match" for all online ranked games. Random people every game! Choose your desired game settings (map, card type, round time, etc.) and join a queue waiting for others.

Open to hear any solution, can't seem to get any votes for my idea, so I'll vote for yours if it solves fairness in Risk. I'd love to be part of the reason this thread is closed one day cause it's no longer needed.

Hi Matt, I didn't get to thank you for your help. Your explanation helped me a lot. Your suggestion is interesting and would probably solve the problem. What bothers me is the willingness of the players to wait. And now, after a short wait, they jump out, jump in, don't confirm ... Anyway, you have my vote. Your suggestion is reasonable and would not give players the opportunity to harass other players.
Sandy Kicks 5 (mentioned earlier in this thread) and Vaughn Midnight 5 - same player. I joined a six player game that was reduced to four and included a bot, I had no chance. Don't mind losing it's just sooo boring - how can they enjoy it?

Yeah that sucks

And you can actually suggest new chat expressions over on the Discord

Jason , I just got word back from SMG, they told me they recently updated their cheating detection software, and that i was 1 of 2 false positives, that he had discovered. They gave me the premium pass for free as an apology. I am guessing it falsely can detect when it looks like cheating but isnt. For example, sometimes an opponent is nice to you for who knows why, or gangs up on another opponent but never attacks you in order to even the game out. I recently won a game that way, and it probably looked like cheating, but the guy that was working with me, i didnt know..it was a non -alliance game...it was just an unspoken agreement cause we were both way behind the leader, so we worked together to both weaken the leader. I was getting really pissed at SMG, but i take back what i was about to say. Thanks for the premium pass! Thanks for the great app and trying to crack down on the ACTUAL cheaters is great work!
David, I'm glad it's all settled. And I'm glad they're trying to find who they need. I wish you good luck in the upcoming games. You deserve it.

Lorilemhar

If you really think men are coming at you you can change your name and your avatar.

I know on my settings page there's an option to "change name".

I really doubt anyone is going after you because of your sex, that's just in your head.

like I said, I play on a small IPod, 95% of the time I never even look at the player profiles except to check out rank and find out who didn't confirm and is a bot.  I never would even notice whether they're female or not and your name "Lorilemhar" doesn't sound feminine, it took me a moment to figure out it's just your name with no spaces. 

Why do you think someone would go after you just for being a female?

Login or Signup to post a comment