Start a new topic

Player going first at game start draws no armies?

This just started happening a day or 2 ago. I noticed that the person who goes first at the start of the game draws no armies the first time. Is this to give those going later a better chance? I hate it when the computer randomly gives someone an entire continent (or group) and they draw more than 3 or 4!

2 people have this question

Daniel Liguori nobody should draw armies the first round you don't get that luxury in the board game so why here
Changing the rules like this ruins the game
With a fixed card bonus, there can definitely be an advantage.  Getting an early bonus can help one capture and fortify a continent early in the game.

3 people like this
There is no advantage to cashing in territory cards first. I prefer to be last, and often do not attack at least one turn to do so. The bonus is so much bigger it is worth the wait.
I noticed that the person who goes first now is actually the last one in the player list.  I assume this was a change to keep the person who goes first from getting an the extra advantage of placing troops first and getting the first set of territory cards.

2 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment