Start a new topic

Fair Play Rules

Update: Please note that this is an old version of our Fair Play Rules. To view our most recent version, please visit this page: https://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/11000090958-fair-play-rules

Fair Play Rules

To clear up any confusion in the community on what constitutes cheating we have the following Fair Play Rules.

1. Hacking the game, in any way, is (considered) cheating.

2. Using multiple accounts in the same game (to gain an advantage over other players) is (considered) cheating.

3. Playing with someone you know in Global Domination is cheating.

4. Abusing a bug or glitch or knowingly encouraging abuse of these is cheating.

5. Creating a negative experience for other players, by actions such as spamming excessively, refusing to end games, intentionally disrupting gameplay, delaying gameplay (stalling), or abusing our reconnection system intentionally, is cheating.

6. Don't play with anyone you know or have external communication with in Global Domination. Use Play Friends or risk a ban!

If you wish to play with people you know please use the Play with Friends mode. If you still wish to play with friends against real opponents, this must still be done via Play Friends. Please use the RISK Community's #looking_for_game feature at https://discord.gg/risk 

What happens when a player is reported for any of the above?

The following action will be taken if they are found to have broken these rules; 

• If the player was (found) hacking, they will be banned from RISK entirely.

• Although we try to warn new players who might not be aware of the rules, such a warning is not guaranteed. You might be banned by automatic or semiautomatic systems before receiving such warning.

• Should a player be banned - Their leaderboard position and rank points are completely removed. All games they have participated in for the current season, will have game results re-ordered so that they are placed last. All of their opponents will see this minor bonus.

FAQ

Q: How do I report a player?

A: Report in-app by clicking on their avatar and clicking on the red triangle icon under their name in the Alliance Window. If you come across any suspected hacking - Create a support ticket at http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new with the names of the players.

Q: Why can't I team up with my friends in Global Domination?

A: We take a "act as you would like to be acted towards" approach here. It is unfair to team up against unsuspecting player who believe they are entering a fair “free for all” game. The ranking system is designed for “free for all” gameplay, not teams.

Q: Will you be adding a team mode in the future?

A: Yes it’s our goal to release a team mode that allows you to play with friends or random allies against another team. No ETA on this currently, but you can find information here http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/11000009600 .

Q: Will more be done to prevent cheating?

A: Yes, we are currently rolling out a full suite of anti cheating features. Some have already been implemented and it’s logging play now. 

Q: What is the difference between forming alliances with stranger and forming one with friends? 

A: There is a difference between: the informal, temporary alliances forged and broken throughout the game (which, with all its betrayal, is an integral part of RISK) and starting a game with a friend or relative as well as strangers in there. This is intentional ganking and will not be tolerated. If you just want to play for the fun of it with your friends, start a "Play with Friends" game against AI opponents.

4 people have this question

why is it ok for someone to start posting hurry up hurry up as soon as i start my turn but because i stall to make him stop i get suspended thats bs

1 person likes this
I understand that playing with allies off is cheating but I play with allies on..... and always am weary of my allies and will crush them when the time comes without a second thought like it should be.... not like playing somebody that is cheating and they know they are not going to attack each other so they're not worried about borders

1 person likes this
I used to ignore all this because I just enjoyed playing. When they came out with surrendering I was happy because I could get out of game quickly when I noticed unfair play. It now seems that is every game. This game has become a joke and will soon be played only by the cheaters and hackers.

1 person likes this

Aitch
Because when I get to like rank 200 and I can't find any games with reasonably ranked players I get annoyed and make another account so that I "don't care" if I actually lose. Just wanna play! And then I find myself ranked really well again and made another account and and so on until I ended up with 6 lol. My latest "for fun" account has been bouncing between grandmaster and master. Either I suck these days or there's been excessive cheating lately. The fact SMG made this announcement suggests it's become more rampant than before.

Oh I did make one account strictly to play 4 player games. I am a 5-6 player game player. But I got curious about how to win a 4 player game so I made a new account and practiced and then... grandmaster lol Seriously, once you get up to those ranks you're usually fighting for like 10 rank points with a full win or losing 500-1000 with one loss. Even coming in 2nd place completely destroys you. That just isn't fair. We need a way to match up to competitive players. And novices are the worst. They do the stupidest things that hand the game to whatever lucky person happens to be after them. urgh.

1 person likes this
Cheating still happening. Panda poooh and Quinn gibbles4 both grandmasters protecting each other in Australia. Cheaters are sad people

1 person likes this

Why blocking me again   When other player are not happy to loose they post against me is that normal. I also pay 12€ do not see the publicity’s and you ban me for not doing nothing if you want to be fair record the games for a real analyse than you block the cheaters. 

1 person likes this

fair rule???? how can it be fair when i paid to play a game i love which is - risk. and now i have been banned over 25 times already without cheating ofcourse. just becoz the redicilous bot find me playing with returned players. is that fair? what fair about stealing my money without deliver what i paid for? 

and if you think that the site staff knows that their bot is not working properly, is just proving the unfair of the whole situation. that's unfair, thats cheating - steling your end users money without delivering. this site has to be banned from the internet. cheaters! 

1 person likes this

I'm banned for 7 days, why?????? There'is no reason for that, and while that, paople who I did report, never get ban, you guys ban us e inven explain why especifly!!

1 person likes this

I also think SMG should send a message to the player if they do catch you cheating. It might have more significance in making sure they won't do it again. "Your rank has been reset due to cheating. One more offense and you will be banned forever."

you know what would be cool? If they access the device's camera and take photos of you or show live video during the game. It'd give me a lot of confidence in knowing at least it's not the same guy using two suspicious players. But you wouldn't want to see me. I'm usually naked in my hot tub when I play haha.

1 person likes this

All players are handled the same way by our system, the most common reason for negative reports is due to wrongly concluding that a good (or bad!) strategic move by one player is then taken advantage of by another, despite there being no association. RISK has players of all ages, a skill range from new to strategy games to RISK for 50+ years, and a large majority of players make their decisions purely based on emotion, missing out on potentially better strategic plays.

1 person likes this

I agree, I think SMG Studio are useless and have no insight as to who is or is not following fair play rules

1 person likes this
I think I just played a game against a cheater. Any way to report this? I was playing Capitol Conquest mode. Player in question attacked and won an opponent’s capitol with about the same number of troops, which I thought was rather weird AND had troops left to attack other territories. SAME player then attacked the same capitol 12 vs 13 and STILL had troops left to attack other territories. Finally, attacked another capitol 18 vs 14 in his favor, and once again had troops left over to take over other territories. Never have I seen one player get THAT lucky attacking three capitols...

1 person likes this
I never cheated. I had been asking players to be friends, but don’t know any of them. I play auto match a lot. A couple “friends” got matched again so I received a warning. I erased all of those “friends” and still got banned. Very wrong. All I do is play whoever auto match picks. Temporary ban, but still bs. I don’t ever cheat. I lose a lot!!! If I cheated, I’d be at master or better. BS

1 person likes this

Guys, an account named Dilliard Smiling 33 killed me off before I managed to report him. A assume he was cheating, but since it was fog of war with blizzard cannot be 100%. That is why I need you to take a look. Here are some screenshots I took:
At least confront the player and ask him to explain how did he get so many troops unlike the rest of us early in the game.

Thanks and I am sorry if I interpreted this incorrectly.

1 person likes this
I'm always tired I have narcolepsy
Login or Signup to post a comment