Start a new topic

Cheating vs Exploit

You should be careful accusing someone of cheating.

-Two players ganging up on you is NOT CHEATING!

- One player playing two accounts is NOT CHEATING!

- BOTS tough one, but still saying the BOT has no actual cheats but just another account to try and give the player an edge. Not much dif. then having a second account. Still saying this is NOT CHEATING!

I calls these exploiting a games feature, and impossible to stop.

I have hundreds of games logged in Risk, and have not seen one person actual cheat, as in roll sixes every roll, control the game so no one can move but only them, GOD mode where you can't hurt them, etc. NOT ONCE!

I do see many players trying to get an advantage with a second account, but honestly most of them suck and need two accounts.

I see many posts about cheating, but I challenge any of you, prove they actual have cheats vs just playing a second player who also is not cheating rather then playing dirty.

1 person has this question

Matt....there is no "THEY"......it's one guy with twice as many men as you have.

Trying to talk to you is like talking to a child.  If you attack red anywhere you're going to lose men.  Red is going to keep attacking you.

Orange is sitting back getting stronger. 

There's nothing you can do EXCEPT attack red....which is what the other player wants.  Then when you're spent from fighting with red....he's going to come at you with orange which will have a huge numerical superiority.

You keep saying you don't care about the "country", I assume you mean continent?  But if orange and red control continents they're getting a bonus every turn.  Are you sure you know how to play Risk?

Every single turn Orange is getting the Australian bonus and a card.  Every single turn Red is attacking you, trying to take away any bonus you have and getting a card.  You can't win the game without taking over continents at some point.

How many times do I have to explain that to you?  There is no "they".  There is one guy using multiple accounts lol.

One account to grind you down....the other to finish you off.  There's NOTHING you can do in that situation.  You can't kill red or orange because it's one player using both of them.

Really dude, learn to read and listen to what people are saying to you.

Here is a graphic demonstration of how they play you for a fool playing with 2 users http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/11000026234 Support this post and let's see if their ranks are reset

What is your point?  I know how they do it....I've seen it many times  They pretend to be two separate accounts, then when everyone else is eliminated the player controlling 2 accounts crushes the 3rd player.

I know how you do it.

Jason,

Are people cheating when you win, or only when your losing ?

I'm not cheating when I win.  And I don't always lose because of cheating.  Like I said you need to learn to listen and actually reply to what people are saying.

You can WATCH the games after your eliminated.....we've all SEEN players cheating and using multiple accounts.

Look through these forums....how many posts are there complaining about people cheating and using multiple accounts.

I get it, you use multiple accounts......you're a cheater.  But most people play the game for fun and don't like having their time wasted by cheaters who use multiple accounts.

Quit cheating and quit defending cheating dude.  It's pathetic.  Win or lose do it with one account.

At least 50% of my games involve cheaters.   At every level.  Expert with a beginner.  Two intermediates.  Two masters,  Whatever.   All collaborating.  All cheating.  All c--ts.

FU I just lost a game where cards were fixed and Fog was on.  I was duking it out with green and orange was left but I couldn't see where.

Well after about 5 turns green finishes me off and I couldn't understand why orange wasn't attacking him.  So after I was defeated I watched the game and the orange player had 4 territories, one had 25 men, one had like 15 and the other 2 were just a few men.

Even after I was defeated he didn't try to take out greens continents or anything, he just attacked one territory and fortified.

It's just baffling to me how clueless some of the guys playing are.  The very next turn blue got 30 men just from alll the territory he had. 

It drives me nuts the way some players just sit there and wait for everyone else to do the fighting.  The guy just sat up there while I was getting killed and then sat there some more and let blue kill him.

Why even play if you're not going to try to win?

Just happened again.  CHEATERS.  I feel like i'm playing Matt L every game

I just wish you could rate other players.  Every time I play a fixed card game I end up just suiciding because nobody will attack.

Someone up there suggested a rule where you can't havie over 20 men or something on a territory, the game needs some kind of rule like that. 

In fixed card games what ALWAYS happens is it turns into a Mexican standoff.  I always play aggressive and end up just attacking whoever is doing the least because it ticks me off.  I just played a game where red had both NA and SA.....there were 4 of us left.  Red had built up 50 men....inside SA.  All the borders were unprotected....but instead of attacking him the yellow and orange just were attacking one territory, collecting a card and retreating. 

I just don't  understand why people do that....if you're not going to try to win....why play?  If everyone sits around collecting cards the game will last forever.  Sooner or later someone has to do something lol.

That's what sucks about not being able to communicate with other players.  In real life you can give someone shit if they're not playing right.  Online you just have to sit there and watch.

So many minor flaws with this game that ruin it.  People with multiple accounts.....people who won't attack, they just sit there and collect cards.  It just ruins games.

I just played a game where there was me, red and orange left.

I couldn't tell if orange was just really dumb or was a sock account for red.  He kept attacking me and trying to box me in to Australia while doing nothing against red. 

He finally attacked a couple of red territories when Red had conquered half the world but I'm not sure if that was just to make it look like it was two separate players or if orange was just that bad at playing the game.

I mean, red had Africa and SA and I was all that was keeping him from getting NA and yet orange kept attacking me.

So orange was either a complete idiot or it was one player with two accounts.  Either way very frustrating losing a game that way.

I just played a game where I TWICE had purple down to 1 troop.  1 time it was 5 to 1 the other time 8 to 1.  I lost both times lol.

Again...I get that it's possible in real life.....but it happens ALL THE TIME in SMG Risk.

Is that due to cheating by people fixing the die or bad algorithms?

There's no way those kind of advantages lose that often and that drastically.

Still whining about your losses...

First it's two account, now it must be the dice's fault.

One thing I know about the dice, if there cold or hot, their cold or hot for everyone. (Same average)

The dice are better than they used to be.  Balanced Blitz is actually better for attacker now then manual throwing.

Nonetheless, I was demoted two levels today because of string of lesses, i90% of which involved BLATANT collusion.   They don't even try to hide it.

And why should they? SMG doesn't investigate reports. They can't even be arsed to respond to a support ticket.

And you're still here whining about being called a cheater Matt.  2 years of you nonstop whining about people calling you a cheater and you defending cheating lol.

You probably need 3 accounts per game to win as dumb as you are.

It's "they're hot or cold", not "there" BTW.

And people have been caught messing with the program and fixing the die, at least according to comments in these forums.

So..........?

FU like I said sometimes it's hard to tell if it's cheating or if a player is just that bad.

I lost a game just now where it was red, green and me left.   I had 4 cards and could turn in the next turn, green tried to finish me off but couldn't.  He had a massive troop advantage.  It was red's turn after green and red could only get to me from SA to Africa, I was way down on the island in Africa with only 5 guys lol.

Green (unless it was one guy using multiple accounts) should have blocked the entrance to Africa from red, red only had one card and wouldn't have been able to fight through to get to me.

But green FORTIFIED Europe.  As if that's going to do him any good after red gets all my cards.

I didn't stick around to watch to see if it was one guy using multiple accounts, I think green just sucked.

In that same game orange took out a bunch of my guys even though he couldn't eliminate me.  All it did was weaken us both and allowed him to be taken out (by me) a turn later.  Again, not sure if he was just terrible at Risk or if he was someone else's account.

That's the problem with progressive card games though, skill is a very small part of it.  It basically comes down to who gets to turn in cards at the right time.