Start a new topic

Cheaters

I have reported all the cheaters that I know for sure in the game because some of them are very obvious. However, this issue has yet to be resolved. I would like to be able to get back into the game after being wiped so that I can see the end of the game and figure out who's cheating for real. This game is not fun at all if people cheat and I am considering to find something else more entertaining and healthy to play.

21 people have this question

Reading what some others have written, good idea to track IP. I have submitted tickets before and it is seemingly useless. And reading this thread to try to remember who not to play is not working for me as I have the memory of a snail. Is there a way to add a player rank system? Not one for you to say oh this guy whooped me so I'm going to rank him poor and the whole world can see. One that allows you to simply place a check mark or an x beside their players name so when you enter into a potential battle you can choose to fight the losing battle or find that is better suited in your attempt at global domination. If this was stored on your server I wouldn't have to reference my book of shitheads every time. With this method they will piss off enough people that no one will play with them eventually. Also, funny story for you. I work in construction and I rent from a rental company large quantities of equipment. At the bottom of their emailed responses it said "we appreciate your patience as we are streamlining the process of billing, please be patient" I find this humorous that this is a similar response from SMG. I and I'm certain many other fans would offer to help filter thru all the shit with you and for you for free. Send me my first task anytime you want. Screen shots and or a clip of the game in question and I will give you a reply..... punish them! Or it was an honest glitch!

1 person likes this
If you join a game with a Master/Grandmaster and 2 or more Expert CPUs, GET OUT!! I just had to learn the hard way

1 person likes this
Don't know how this guy did it, but he got 99 troops in one set. On a set that was due to give 50 troops. Cheating​? Bug? His handle is Winfield Luther 4.

1 person likes this
Create a game and remove suspicious users. Usually when I make a game I delete a few who are random named novices especially using the same avatar

1 person likes this
I agree, this game is ruined by cheaters who play two or more accounts in the same game. Players from the same Internet-network should not be able to join the same game. Maybe rankings should be removed? And a possibility to block obvious cheaters?

1 person likes this
A simple solution, in global domination mode allow for 1v1 battles. The multiple device cheaters are ruining this otherwise fun game and ultimately will be the demise of this game. It is very offputting to play a game in which it's extremely obvious you are playing against a player on two devices!

1 person likes this

Good morning, i'm really disappointer because there isn't a report system.

Many players are cheater like player (Grant Kitchens and Manny Madrid, the last is buddy).

please ban cheaters or i will never play again 

1 person likes this
I understand the frustration of being ganged up on but (to play devil's advocate) what if you have 2 people in the same room who want to play together? Is that really cheating? No one says this is strictly a single player game but I think there should be single and group playing options.

1 person likes this
If the two people in the same room each want to win the game, that's fine.  If they are playing so that only one of them wins while the other one sacrifices themselves to that end, what's the point?

Anyway, the main problem is when it's the same player with 2 accounts, where one account is just used to benefit the other.  This would be like playing in a room, where one player gets two sets of armies and uses one to allow the other to win the game more easily.  Now, imagine that scenario where the other players in the room don't know the one player is controlling both armies. This is the scenario in this game
which most of us consider cheating.

1 person likes this
Heber Masterson 2 (Expert) is a pathetically obvious cheat with Milly1946!(novice). He didn't even take the time to TRY to make it look real. Novices don't act as guards for your flanks with no benefit to themselves. Does he think we are stupid?

1 person likes this
Sam that is 100% wrong. If you play progressive I agree there is a LOT of luck as to when you get cards, but in fixed there is a lot more skill. There is some luck to the game, but since dice rolls and territory assignments tend to level out over time, the skill you use to determine when and where to attack,  who you ally with, when to break and alliance etc. Bottom line is if you use 2 accounts in a game, you have negated luck and skill both and given yourself and unfair advantage. The game is no longer fun for anyone and actually makes the cheater rather pathetic because you are no longer playing the game but just winning. I find almost all Grand Masters cheat. My opinion, do away with levels and just have everyone play without titles.

1 person likes this

So many grandmasters are cheaters. Most of the time 2 grandmasters and 1 intermediate by the same player. Frustrating. Should be easy to check the playing-history of all the grandmasters and kick the cheaters out.

1 person likes this
I am getting fed up with cheaters. Just now I waisted 1 hour to be cheated by 1 player controlling two nicks. They collude and at the end 1 let's the other win. Pleasw SMG team: ban cheaters don't take points only.

1 person likes this
Johan, as a grandmaster myself, I don't think you are right about cheating. Experience gives players an advantage. I've played about 1500 games, and I think I've only played a single person using multiple accounts a handful of times. (When I take out 1 player and another immediately quits is when I draw that conclusion.) I win most games because I play better than most other players. I suspect sour grapes over losing makes you think more people are cheating than actually are. (And yes, I play under my real name.)

1 person likes this
Just for clarification:

- We look into each reported case (support ticket), and if there is a smoking gun, it has consequences for the cheaters - with a ban being the max. penalty.

- As for hackers, this can't be really avoided, as any Android App can be reverse-engineered to a certain degree. We are trying to push app aupdates more frequently in order to make the hacker's life harder.

- We are also working on a system making it for cheaters harder to get into games with honest players.THis is planned for the first quarter of 2018.

Best,

- Johann@SMG

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment