Start a new topic

Cheaters

I have reported all the cheaters that I know for sure in the game because some of them are very obvious. However, this issue has yet to be resolved. I would like to be able to get back into the game after being wiped so that I can see the end of the game and figure out who's cheating for real. This game is not fun at all if people cheat and I am considering to find something else more entertaining and healthy to play.

21 people have this question

Jason , I just got word back from SMG, they told me they recently updated their cheating detection software, and that i was 1 of 2 false positives, that he had discovered. They gave me the premium pass for free as an apology. I am guessing it falsely can detect when it looks like cheating but isnt. For example, sometimes an opponent is nice to you for who knows why, or gangs up on another opponent but never attacks you in order to even the game out. I recently won a game that way, and it probably looked like cheating, but the guy that was working with me, i didnt know..it was a non -alliance game...it was just an unspoken agreement cause we were both way behind the leader, so we worked together to both weaken the leader. I was getting really pissed at SMG, but i take back what i was about to say. Thanks for the premium pass! Thanks for the great app and trying to crack down on the ACTUAL cheaters is great work!
David, I'm glad it's all settled. And I'm glad they're trying to find who they need. I wish you good luck in the upcoming games. You deserve it.

Lorilemhar

If you really think men are coming at you you can change your name and your avatar.

I know on my settings page there's an option to "change name".

I really doubt anyone is going after you because of your sex, that's just in your head.

like I said, I play on a small IPod, 95% of the time I never even look at the player profiles except to check out rank and find out who didn't confirm and is a bot.  I never would even notice whether they're female or not and your name "Lorilemhar" doesn't sound feminine, it took me a moment to figure out it's just your name with no spaces. 

Why do you think someone would go after you just for being a female?

David

Glad you got that sorted out.  Like I said I've reported a lot of cheaters and SMG almost always responds to let you know what the outcome was and many times SMG just gives them warnings for a first offense so it didn't make sense that you'd be banned with no warning if you didn't cheat.

Glad to hear they're working to upgrade their cheating detection though.  The only way I've found to avoid cheaters is to host my own games.  So far so good.

When I was playing other player's games the cheating was rampant.  Too many people more concerned with their ranking than just playing a game.

Somebody mentioned people not confirming and botting out earlier but just as bad are people who quit midway through.

I just "won" a game where there were 5 of us left, 4 humans and 1 bot,  I was a little ahead on troop count but I didn't have a territory.

Anyway, about 40 minutes into the game 2 players just quit.  Both of them had about as good a chance as any of us to win too.

I just don't get it.  It happens a lot, probably because I play games late at night and people go to bed but if you're that tired don't start a game.

I ended up taking out the other human opponent pretty quickly then spent 10 minutes taking out the two bots but it really ruined what was a pretty good game. 

I mentioned this problem. I must agree that players who leave the game also makes a problem. But something can happen to someone and they have to leave the game because of a problem. That is rare, but I have no right to claim when it is and when it is not. Those who do not confirm the game do so consciously. They know the consequences for other players, but they still do it. Is it cheating or not?

Not confirming isn't cheating unless someone is using more than one account.

I've not confirmed before because you have to click on games quick and sometimes you don't actually want to play but the person starts the game before you can back out.

Another thing people like to do is have a game set up for six people but then they quickly change it to 4 player and start the game because they don't want to wait for 2 more people.

So when you thought you were joining a 6 player game you're now stuck in a 4 player game.  I won't confirm when people do that because I don't want to play a 4 person game.

Not confirming isn't cheating unless someone is using more than one account.

I've not confirmed before because you have to click on games quick and sometimes you don't actually want to play once you see who is playing or the rules etc but the person starts the game before you can back out.

Another thing people like to do is have a game set up for six people but then they quickly change it to 4 player and start the game because they don't want to wait for 2 more people.

So when you thought you were joining a 6 player game you're now stuck in a 4 player game.  I won't confirm when people do that because I don't want to play a 4 person game.

At least when people don't confirm you're just dealing with a dumb bot the whole game and everyone knows it. 

When people leave mid game you might not notice for a turn or two you might be the one affected by the neighboring player botting out while the other players aren't.  It sucks losing a game because the player next to you quit.

Do you really consider me a fool? Of course it's not cheating. I do not confirm the game when the conditions change at the moment. When you set up a game for 6 players, you have 6 players, you wait 3-5 seconds for everyone to check everything and someone doesn't confirm. Is that cheating? I set the game on a small map for 4 players. I'm waiting for everyone to choose a color. When everyone is done, I wait a few seconds and again someone does not confirm. I have a long list of those players and I always throw out a few players because they almost never confirm. A few months ago, I suggested that SMG introduce a countdown after the last player entered. Everything is blocked, the player can come out, he can change the color and that's it. No bots and similar scams. Maybe someone agrees with me. If someone agrees, let him suggest the same. So we can get fairer playing conditions in the next update.

You asked me if it was cheating, genius........

I'm interested in other people's opinions. Looks like you drove them all away because only you answer. You know everything, everything has to be the way you think. I was hoping someone else would answer. Your opinion doesn't matter to me.

Yeah, you keep saying how little my opinion matters to you......over and over as you keep replying.  How's your "buddy" Matt?

You guys must be rivals. As to 537 whose name i can't read, to answer the question, sometimes I go into a game and notice that there are too many beginners/novices, and then i try to leave really quick but the game starts up before i can leave....thats when I don't confirm....and I'm guessing thats why many players dont confirm. I'm looking for a high competition game with better ranked players, but you can't see until you enter the game.....and some people start it very quick after u enter. It's not cheating.....but it does suck. Also there are times you put your phone down to do something or are multitasking and you don't notice the game starting. When people leave mid-game it does suck, but i just look at it as a random event, that can happen to anyone so it isn't a big deal. Only thing i really hate is teamers....but idk how you fully stop that. I also don't like alliances as you never know if it really means anything to the player. And true random dice are super hit or miss. It seems anyway. Seems like typically true random gives the advantage to the defense...but then every once in a while ill see someone with 20 troops take out a capital with 30 troops....crazy

David

In my games I just shut off alliances.  The problem with alliances in this version is you can't talk to other players so when you see two players obviously colluding you can't say anything about it.  I've played games where one player is  using (I later found out) 2 accounts and his two accounts both asked me (and I assume everyone else) at the beginning of the game for an alliance.

So then if that cheater forms an alliance that's 3 players, his 2 accounts and his ally that he doesn't have to worry about.   I never ally with anyone anyway so I just shut alliances off.

I saw someone else up there talking about certain devices giving advantages or disadvantages based on their systems, interface or whatever.

I just lost a game because I use and IPod7 and I only moved 4 of my 60 something troops when I meant to move them al because I touched the screen when I didn't mean to while I was moving my troops.   I might have lost the game anyway but that move killed me.  After that the other player just had too much territory for me to overcome. 

Them's the breaks I guess.

Does  anyone here know of a more skill based game like Risk?

I just lost a game because some idiot decided to suicide on me instead of playing the game.  We were about 45 minutes in, 3 of us left, he was an expert and actually had the second most troops.

Then he just gave up and attacked me killing us both so the third place guy won.

I've won a lot of games because of others being so stupid too but it's frustrating that most of Risk is card draw and rolls. 

If you get 3 evenly matched players in a standoff it almost always comes down to whoever gets bored first and decides to suicide.

Login or Signup to post a comment