Start a new topic

Cheaters

I have reported all the cheaters that I know for sure in the game because some of them are very obvious. However, this issue has yet to be resolved. I would like to be able to get back into the game after being wiped so that I can see the end of the game and figure out who's cheating for real. This game is not fun at all if people cheat and I am considering to find something else more entertaining and healthy to play.

21 people have this question

Hi Ivan@SMG,

Thank you for responding to my comments. I appreciate the additional clarification, especially as it seems to include some material changes to the original response.

"they have only played together a few times and often come last" has become "every other game they have been in together lost by both of them."

That original response sounded like the game records indicated they had only occassionally, but not always, won while playing together against others. According to your fair play rules 2 or 3 instances of this behaviour is enough for their ranking to be reset. The clarification indicates that they have never won while playing together, except during my game.

"not enough evidence to hand down a punishment" has become "deducing* a reasonable amount of rank points was the way to go" (*I believe that was meant to be deducting?)

The original email said no punishment was applied, and the latest clarification says some ranking points have been deducted.

Your latest reply seems like a reasonable reaction to their behaviour. I hope you can see how I felt that the orignal email seemed to be saying something quite different.

Regards

Kieran

How do you knbow he won't play you. You might play often, you don't know. As for cheating, are you looking for glory? In your own mind you know you don't deserve it, and no one here knows who you are, so what do you have, an unclean mind and the contempt, not respect for rank, of people you don't know and who don't know you. That and $4 will buy you a coffee. Congratulations!

1. You are described yourself 2. Who is my new buddy? I always have some buddy? 3. I don't defend cheating,and I don't know what is suspicious to you? 4. Sometimes I think that you provoke other players. Like,you don't mean what you said,but let's play with someone?

Oetzi, Yeah I don't get people who cheat.  What is the point?  I'm just tired of playing a game for an hour or two only to find out at the end that one person is controlling 2 armies, it just makes me not want to play and waste my time.

Matt there has been defending cheating and cheaters for literally years.  He even started a topic that was titled "be careful who you call a cheater" or something like that.  Matt believes one person using 2 players isn't cheating which says all that needs to be said about him.

Sorry David. I was thinking of someone else. He certainly doesn’t cheat but does something else that bothers many players. Jason Allen. It's amazing what conclusions you draw. You practically said I was defending cheating. Thank you. My cheek is clean and I have nothing to be ashamed of. Sometimes I overreact on the board, but I think I play fair. According to you, every third game is a scam. When I played snooker online for a year, reached seventh place and saw the program connect me to a bot, I stopped playing. Simply. You claim that everything is dramatic and you insult people for no clear reason. If you doubt someone, fire at them, ruin their plans, and you will make up for the points in a fair game. I will not answer you anymore because I am offended by your opinion. You can consider whether you have gone too far or not. I do not care.

You said "quit bothering US".

Who is "us"?  Who are you speaking for buddy?

And you're seriously going to talk about me trying to "provoke" others when you compared people who report cheaters to "Hitler" lol?'

I know wanting cheaters banned really bothers you but you don't get to tell others what opinions they can have.

You're absurd buddy.  Now be a man of your word and move on.  Nobody is making you read my posts. 

Or.....keep replying.  Up to you but stop whining about it and acting like you don't have a choice.

David, did you ask SMG why you banned? I didn't read you ask them. You will probably get an answer from them.
Us is everyone. You don't see ,everybody is run away.
Just played JustJoshn! He is able to get a territory card without gaining a territory first. He is a cheater and should be banned from playing.

I mean......this thread is titled "cheaters"......it's been going on for years.

Look at all the people reporting cheaters and asking for them to be banned.

But you are saying cheaters shouldn't be reported and that when found guilty they shouldn't be banned lol.

Why do you defend cheating?

More cheaters. Rob Overkill 6 and K-A Immortal. Ridiculous cheaters. Beyond an alliance.

Then report them ingame, and they get banned. The more you report people, the easier it gets to play without cheaters.

I want to report Kahlid_alqahtani. He cheated in the last game I just played. Believe he was also playing as #omaar_390. If you watch the game play it is so obvious. This really pisses me off. Anyone know how I can make sure someone gets reported? Thanks for any help.

Eric, you said you're not a developer but you seem to know what they're doing.

Why is the AI so fucking horrible?  I had Iphone Risk a decade ago and the AI was much better, it actually tried to take continents away and conquer territories.

Why is it in SMG Risk a fucking bot has no tactical sense whatsoever?  How is that possible after years of developing?

I just lost a game because one player quit in the middle of it and became a bot.  He was actually winning at the time and had a huge army, which then proceeded to disperse and surround me, preventing me from attacking the only other human player left

It would be one thing if the bot actually attacked but I was stuck in Australia with a huge bot army in the entrance while the other took over SA, NA, Africa and Europe.  The bot didn't even attempt to stop him!

I'm the guy who asked about humans controlling bots because in that one game that bot acted intelligently.  In every other game the bots just do dumb shit, sometimes they just fortify....sometimes they just go on killing sprees.....sometimes they try to conquer territories but it's mostly completely random.

How can the AI be this bad after years of developing this game?  It's incredibly frustrating to play an hour  or two long game then have some idiot quit and have his just turn into a player that has zero tactical sense.

This happens all the time, players either don't confirm or they quit in the middle of a game and they turn into bots which fuck up the whole game.

Why can't SMG either make the bots play at at least novice level and make basic tactical decisions like attacking a continent to take away a bonus  or when someone quits why can't their territories either be turned into "no man's land" that players can conquer or why can't their territories be divided equally among the remaining players?

Ideally I'd just like to see SMG fix the fucking bots.  I don't understand how every other version of Risk I've played from computer to Playstation to Iphone....and these were decades ago.....can have decent AI but in 2020 SMG can't figure it out?

Login or Signup to post a comment