Start a new topic

Cheaters

I have reported all the cheaters that I know for sure in the game because some of them are very obvious. However, this issue has yet to be resolved. I would like to be able to get back into the game after being wiped so that I can see the end of the game and figure out who's cheating for real. This game is not fun at all if people cheat and I am considering to find something else more entertaining and healthy to play.

21 people have this question

Not confirming isn't cheating unless someone is using more than one account.

I've not confirmed before because you have to click on games quick and sometimes you don't actually want to play but the person starts the game before you can back out.

Another thing people like to do is have a game set up for six people but then they quickly change it to 4 player and start the game because they don't want to wait for 2 more people.

So when you thought you were joining a 6 player game you're now stuck in a 4 player game.  I won't confirm when people do that because I don't want to play a 4 person game.

I mentioned this problem. I must agree that players who leave the game also makes a problem. But something can happen to someone and they have to leave the game because of a problem. That is rare, but I have no right to claim when it is and when it is not. Those who do not confirm the game do so consciously. They know the consequences for other players, but they still do it. Is it cheating or not?

Somebody mentioned people not confirming and botting out earlier but just as bad are people who quit midway through.

I just "won" a game where there were 5 of us left, 4 humans and 1 bot,  I was a little ahead on troop count but I didn't have a territory.

Anyway, about 40 minutes into the game 2 players just quit.  Both of them had about as good a chance as any of us to win too.

I just don't get it.  It happens a lot, probably because I play games late at night and people go to bed but if you're that tired don't start a game.

I ended up taking out the other human opponent pretty quickly then spent 10 minutes taking out the two bots but it really ruined what was a pretty good game. 

David

Glad you got that sorted out.  Like I said I've reported a lot of cheaters and SMG almost always responds to let you know what the outcome was and many times SMG just gives them warnings for a first offense so it didn't make sense that you'd be banned with no warning if you didn't cheat.

Glad to hear they're working to upgrade their cheating detection though.  The only way I've found to avoid cheaters is to host my own games.  So far so good.

When I was playing other player's games the cheating was rampant.  Too many people more concerned with their ranking than just playing a game.

Lorilemhar

If you really think men are coming at you you can change your name and your avatar.

I know on my settings page there's an option to "change name".

I really doubt anyone is going after you because of your sex, that's just in your head.

like I said, I play on a small IPod, 95% of the time I never even look at the player profiles except to check out rank and find out who didn't confirm and is a bot.  I never would even notice whether they're female or not and your name "Lorilemhar" doesn't sound feminine, it took me a moment to figure out it's just your name with no spaces. 

Why do you think someone would go after you just for being a female?

David, I'm glad it's all settled. And I'm glad they're trying to find who they need. I wish you good luck in the upcoming games. You deserve it.
Jason , I just got word back from SMG, they told me they recently updated their cheating detection software, and that i was 1 of 2 false positives, that he had discovered. They gave me the premium pass for free as an apology. I am guessing it falsely can detect when it looks like cheating but isnt. For example, sometimes an opponent is nice to you for who knows why, or gangs up on another opponent but never attacks you in order to even the game out. I recently won a game that way, and it probably looked like cheating, but the guy that was working with me, i didnt know..it was a non -alliance game...it was just an unspoken agreement cause we were both way behind the leader, so we worked together to both weaken the leader. I was getting really pissed at SMG, but i take back what i was about to say. Thanks for the premium pass! Thanks for the great app and trying to crack down on the ACTUAL cheaters is great work!
It's not a boom. The first problem when you play a lot is the battery. The next problem for me is that I use 2 devices at work. Sometimes one and sometimes the other. Since I have two accounts, I can always play. Now as I type the device is plugged into the charger. The rules of SMG are clear. You can have multiple accounts and you may not use them at the same time. I don't understand why someone wears a yellow shirt, but I don't make it a problem. There are other personal reasons and none of them are cheating. I have another problem. We all know how much robots bother us in the game. There are players who often do not confirm their participation in the game, and then we get a boring robot. I think that's cheating too. If more players agree with me, we can ask SMG to eliminate players who do this often.

boom.  exactly, why would anyone have 2 accounts and even the temptation to do so.

One of my main problems with cheaters is hacking/exiting the game freezing it where you the honest player can do nothing but exit after it freezes resuling in a forfiet.  Miracoulsy they freeze the game, that has not stalled or had one hickup the entire game after they are killed or know they are doomed to be killed, last game I played several weeks ago, they froze it the last millisecond after I conqured the whole map, that one totally ticked me off and I've not played since and may never play again. Until that hack or bug if fixed. 

Not trying to interfere with male female relationships, just honestly expressing concern & frustration this may be a possibility. My name is femine so changing my emoji won't help because of thought about doing this to test my theory.
JasonAllen, I have had similar happen where a player has the numbers and availability to conquer another continent, but instead camps out near me to wipe me out. Basically these campers target someone and by doing so hand the game to another player. I notice this most if I have Australia. A player camps right by it allowing another player to gain both North & South America and get very powerful. Then they eventually attack me and even if I survive I'm to week to fight the other guy. I don't understand this? It's suspicious or plain stupidity and I never notice a female player doing this, just a male. Why didn't they use their numbers to gain north America or Africa when they had opportunity vs. camping in front of Australia? Many of the times this campers in the beginning had strong numbers in North America or somewhere and could have gained that continent, but they compile their forces moving across the board to camp out in front of Australia. It doesn't make sense! This is why I think it's a cheater either playing two accounts or two buddies taking turns in games helping each other to win.
Exactly the same situation happened to me. I'm not a woman. There are players who are incredibly rude and there are certainly those who cheat in pairs. It has nothing to do with whether you are a woman or a man. Change your profile picture and the same thing will happen to you again. Please do not interfere with male-female relationships in this difficult topic.
I completely get your point, but from the beginning of many games it's obvious a pair is working together and it's always men if their image is a true reflection and I'll be the target to take down. In the last game of capital conquest I had six players in a South America province by Mexico. I was the first one to go. The second player has two men next to me and he chose his capital right next to me and kept hitting the laugh emoji. His buddy was next and went right on the other side of me. These two ganged up in unison against me laughing like crazy. So do you think that is acceptable in light of fair play rules? That's just one example of how male players join together to attack female players. I've noticed it too often and it's a pattern.

Божа 537

You have two accounts huh?  I'm shocked. 

I have one.  That's it.  I don't need 2 because I don't cheat.

Login or Signup to post a comment