Start a new topic

Cheating vs Exploit

You should be careful accusing someone of cheating.

-Two players ganging up on you is NOT CHEATING!

- One player playing two accounts is NOT CHEATING!

- BOTS tough one, but still saying the BOT has no actual cheats but just another account to try and give the player an edge. Not much dif. then having a second account. Still saying this is NOT CHEATING!

I calls these exploiting a games feature, and impossible to stop.

I have hundreds of games logged in Risk, and have not seen one person actual cheat, as in roll sixes every roll, control the game so no one can move but only them, GOD mode where you can't hurt them, etc. NOT ONCE!

I do see many players trying to get an advantage with a second account, but honestly most of them suck and need two accounts.

I see many posts about cheating, but I challenge any of you, prove they actual have cheats vs just playing a second player who also is not cheating rather then playing dirty.

1 person has this question

Seriously, man.  You spend A LOT OF TIME arguing this point to death.  The lady doth protest wayyyyyyy . too much.   

1 person likes this

Playing with a buddy isn't necessarily cheating in the game of Risk but it's against the rules as per SMG because there's a high chance you will favor that player over others in these ranked games. If you want to play with friends, you need to use the play friends method and not games meant for random match ups.

For any player who desires 2nd place, just "tyap out" from the beginning of the game. Don't collect cards and surely no one will kill you, unless someone is cheating and needs to kill you before killing his 2nd account. :)

1 person likes this

SectaOne

Yes sometimes just dumb players will gang up on you because you're winning. This is more common on the board game risk because there's no benefit to coming in 2nd and the players just have to hope that everyone will try to kill you but not benefit by actually taking your cards. I deal with this from time to time and do my best to be political on the board, such as not setting troops in an area where I will probably attack that player next or aiming that at the guy only who will have no way of trading cards or attacking me so that the other will think I won't touch him. Honestly, once a really big, impossible player to kill scenario comes up, I will personally work for 2nd place and just try to avoid being killed. But a lot of people will play like there is no 2nd place and yay that just means I can kill him to make sure I get the 2nd place. I am sure many are shocked when I choose to wipe them out instead of helping them take the top player down with them.

So yeah not always a case of cheating. It's more emotional based. And man this game is emotional for beginners. Revenge is only worth it if you can kill the player and end up with a lot of cards but not ending your turn with a lot of cards. Many players make the mistake of ending their turn with 5 cards after killing me off. I laugh at them for being the next lunch.

1 person likes this

Matt.....you're a cheater.  I don't want to play with you.  Sorry.  Learn to pick up on sarcasm.

FYI Risk doesn't have alleys.  Or did you mean "allies"?

1 person likes this
If you can't beat them, join them. If everyone plays with 2 accounts then we're all equal again! ;)
Pallison1375, I believe the bots are set to break the oppenent they find the "strongest" near them. Such as taking a continent before roll 3, or having large armies when others have small armies. Also they react like a damaging novice or desperate player. Attacking hard against those that attacked them most recently. I also do not discount the possibility of some tampering. I played a game earlier where the bot never attacked one player. It didn't bother me at the time.

WHAT ??? Of COURSE !!! operating two accounts without disclosing it and with the objective of favoring one of them IS cheating. What you are saying makes no sense. 1 player, 1 account, fair game. Anything else is cheating. I wouldn't have a clue about getting 200 armies in the first round. Is that done by tempering with the app's code ? Anyway, 6 players, same rules agreed upon before the beginning of the game. the rest is off boundaries. 

Mike Lee,

I understand your frustrated with players using two or more accounts. It's cheap for sure!

I'm making the statement, that cheating implies you want SMG to fix it.

SMG can fix cheats, but cannot fix people exploiting a feature of the game. Example: SMG can't stop you from playing two accounts, as one can be on Wi-Fi and another on cell towers.

So trying to get users to stop posting to SMG to do something, when they should be crying out to players to stop. But how to ask a loser to stop being a loser...

Too many feature requests asking SMG to fix something that's not fixable.

Still whining about your losses...

First it's two account, now it must be the dice's fault.

One thing I know about the dice, if there cold or hot, their cold or hot for everyone. (Same average)

You are a cheater. If you can't win by playing with one account, you are just too dumb. How about this....you and your 3 friends are playing the old school board game. You say that your friends each get 1 set of armies and 1 turn per round. But, you get 2 sets of armies and 2 turns per round. Would your 3 friends call you a cheater?

Please get unstuck!

What are the worst cheats you can mention in this game of Risk?

- Excluding you thinking two players are out to get you, just for argument...

---------------------------------

When I said that, I was trying to not call EVERYTHING cheating, save the big word for real cheats. When someone used a built in game feature, but you don't like how they used it, I called it an EXPLOIT was all.

Yes it's cheap, just as players inviting you to ally just as your trying to kill them so the window pops up and makes it hard to finish killing them in a 60 second turn. Exploit! (In my humble opinion)

- Rolling ALL sixes every turn, definite cheat

- Modifying game code to give you an advantage, definite cheat

If you must call EVERYTHING a cheat, then pls define an Exploit ?

- I'd rather you answer my above question. I don't think any of you have seen a real cheat in this game. (Per my above definition). Seen many users exploiting game features (ally invite, playing with an ally...)

Never seen all sixes, never seen GOD mode, never seen game freeze, never seen double turns, never seen player attacking to non-adjacent territories, never seen anything used that is not part of the game and developed by the game makers.

Have you ??

Intention here is to give SMG & Risk some credit. Forums are filling with cheat claims, and I'm calling all you out (politely) to name & describe the cheat. Exclude your ally claims, you already have your wall of cheaters for that, leave it there where it belongs.

Side track a bit...yes, it is annoying for people to try to save their skin by asking for alliance as you are finishing them off.but there are two simple solution to this. 1. Always choose the right time frame for yourself. See if you are suited for 60seconds game. 2. Remember to activate the ignore requests option as the game progress, not to entertain anymore communication. Bonus 1. Invest in a bigger screen or a pointer to increase your efficiency in completion of each turn.

The dice are better than they used to be.  Balanced Blitz is actually better for attacker now then manual throwing.

Nonetheless, I was demoted two levels today because of string of lesses, i90% of which involved BLATANT collusion.   They don't even try to hide it.

And why should they? SMG doesn't investigate reports. They can't even be arsed to respond to a support ticket.

And you're still here whining about being called a cheater Matt.  2 years of you nonstop whining about people calling you a cheater and you defending cheating lol.

You probably need 3 accounts per game to win as dumb as you are.

It's "they're hot or cold", not "there" BTW.

And people have been caught messing with the program and fixing the die, at least according to comments in these forums.

So..........?

While we may be seen as splitting hair by trying to define what is cheating and exploiting, we must remember not everyone here are using English as their first language. It may become a very academic exercise. In layman terms, which of the following players you like to play with? 1. The code hacker 2. The guy with multiple accounts in a single game. 3. The gang that know each other aiming for 1-2 finishing where possible. In addition, trying to convince them to fight each other is virtually impossible due to possible repercussions like broken friendship or broken nose. 4. The friendly guy who ally everyone with the intention to win but will not hesitate to break alliance whenever he find suit. (Side track a bit, sometimes this person forget his betrayal and couldn't understand why someone just keep on attacking him even though it is not doing the attacker any good) My personal choice is that I will play with player 4 anytime and will avoid player 1, 2 and 3 at all cost. You can either host your own game to pick the players or think carefully before clicking the Ready button during the 10 seconds window.