Start a new topic

Cheaters

I have reported all the cheaters that I know for sure in the game because some of them are very obvious. However, this issue has yet to be resolved. I would like to be able to get back into the game after being wiped so that I can see the end of the game and figure out who's cheating for real. This game is not fun at all if people cheat and I am considering to find something else more entertaining and healthy to play.

21 people have this question

Anyone else notice the "observe" after losing button. When there is something fishy going on and I get killed when I'm thinking to myself no way because I'm fortified, I have the advantage, etc. Then boom I'm killed. I am noticing the cheaters are very quick to want to add you as a friend right after they know you are going to report them for the obvious cheating.

There should be a button to block players from joining games you start unless you unblock them. It's hard to remember all the cheaters' names.

I am getting fed up with cheaters. Just now I waisted 1 hour to be cheated by 1 player controlling two nicks. They collude and at the end 1 let's the other win. Pleasw SMG team: ban cheaters don't take points only.

1 person likes this

this is why I just stopped playing.......  Not worth it any longer.  Until they get serious on bans for cheating.

Jonah,

No offense, I don't play that map, but what is the cheat your trying to show in your screenshot?

Polity, asking for proof to their cheating ?

The blue player, after I was defeated, stopped attacking and moved their troops from the capital's and allowed the yellow player to take them over. I stayed and watched the final moves because it became obvious after a while that the yellow player only attacked me and the blue player was not attacking the yellow. The SMG team have my report and can easily confirm this. My point is that cheaters should be banned. Not just deranked. It is a shame that we have to deal with cheaters in such a classic game.

Appreciate the response..

I reserve my opinion, wouldn't help, but can add I do believe players currently do get banned, but only for that player name. They don't lose their unlimited purchase tokens, just create a new newbie player.

..to me I think current mechanism if fair.

I've been awhile for a while but the cheating is worse than ever.  Since I've been quarantined I've played probably 10 games in the last 3 days and fully a third of them ended with a cheater winning.

Why is it SMG can't do something about all the people using multiple accounts? 

It's absolutely infuriating when you start out with six people and you play for an hour and then you find out 2 accounts are being ran by the same person.  Not only do you lose but you just wasted all that time.

I just lost a game where there were 4 players left, I was in Australia about to take it over when wouldn't you know it, Yellow, who I outnumbered 17 to 2 cashed in his cards and suddenly has 12 guys blocking me in Australia, Yellow then proceeded to become a bot.

Meanwhile Purple has taken over South America, is taking over NA and the Orange player who is in Europe keeps putting all his men at the European entrance to North America.  He doesn't try to take over Europe, he doesn't attack purple to stop him from taking over NA, he just blocks the entrance so I can't get to Purple.

Just beyond frustrating.  So of course Purple takes me out, then takes over NA and then takes out Orange who just sits there fortifying.

I mean really, the game is broke.  How can SMG expect anyone to buy this POS when half the players in the game are cheating?

Some suggestions to avoid playing with cheaters. 1. Create the games you play yourself, so you set the rules. 2. Set the minimum level of your opponents to Intermediate. Cheaters usually play with one higher ranked account and one beginner account. 3. If 2 players join at the same time, kick one out. John
Sickening volume of cheaters

It doesn't bother me, I see it as a challenge! 

Easy fix - Game finder, where you join a queue that auto populates you into a game.

Not a new idea, but prevents people from joining same game, unless by random chance.

Sadly I've suggested it, got ZERO votes, so suck it up..

Game on, and feel free to play multiple accounts in my game, I'll bet you anyways!

How is it a "challenge" Matt? If you're playing a standard Risk game there's almost zero chance you can beat one person using two accounts, that's not a "challenge". I've been playing this version of Risk for years, I stopped for probably a year just because the cheating was out of hand and it was a waste of time playing. I come back and I see it's basically the same. Like I said in another post I've lost at least 3 games in the past few days, long, drawn out games, where at the end I found out someone was controlling multiple accounts, so not only did I lose but I wasted all that time. Look at the pic I posted, 4 players left I’m green. I had been about to take over Australia when Yellow cashed in cards and put all his troops there....then Yellow botted out. PurpleHad SA and was taking over North America. I knew if Purple took over NA the game was over so I had to leave Australia to attack purple. I thought Orange would try to stop Purple but Orange just started putting men at the Euro entrance to NA. Never attacking Purple. If you knew at the beginning it was one player and you were a masochist maybe it would be a challenge, but when you find out late in the game there’s nothing you can do about it. In that game there was me, a player controlling 2 players and a dumb not, that I believe was originally controlled by the purple player too. I quit watching when it was just purple against the “bot” but I’m sure purple won. I believe his ranking was expert. It’s gotten to the point where I’m suspect of anyone with a high ranking.
If the collaborating isn’t bad enough, the downright hacking that happens (especially when the game is over and it freezes up) after you battle cheaters,win, & you get no points awarded

1 person likes this
Yeah, sure... I’ll bet you beat hackers too

1 person likes this

Solution: Game Finder, joins you to random game with filters to join proper game type, maps, etc.

Avoids cheating, and hopefully the whining!  

Login or Signup to post a comment