Start a new topic

Cheaters

I have reported all the cheaters that I know for sure in the game because some of them are very obvious. However, this issue has yet to be resolved. I would like to be able to get back into the game after being wiped so that I can see the end of the game and figure out who's cheating for real. This game is not fun at all if people cheat and I am considering to find something else more entertaining and healthy to play.

21 people have this question

There is no need to publish names in Discord. I reported two orders, and Luci confirmed that there were actually four orders in that scam. She permanently banned all four. The morning started very nicely. Thanks Lucy.
I'd like to clarify some wording in my previous post. When I said that the large number of people complaining about cheating was "fine" I was referring to the act of complaining and not to the situation that has caused it. Also I accidentally left the word people out of that sentence altogether.
Dear smg studios, f.u. guys seriously I dont play online games, except for this one only. I paid the stupid 5.99 or whatever it was for unlimited play. Im effing pissed off you allow these a-holes to cheat. I want my effing money back. You mf's are just ripping people off. To the f-ing cheaters you guys are bunch of p.o.s., the point of playing this stupid game is being competitive. This update didn't work for sh*t. Give me my money back you f-ck*ng douche bags.

Kevin Mullarkey.  pathetic piece of crap

Oooppsss. Thanks to Luci. I need Coffee.

John Betancourt, you are right. It was the sour grapes over losing against cheaters. Sorry for the exaggeration. The facts: last week I ended up twice in a 4-player game with 1 player playing 3 accounts. Both times it were 2 grandmasters and 1 intermediate. Thanks for your balancing reply. I'm going to give it another go! Meet you a the top :-) (Playing under JoFed, master)

Cosine is better and big redcheeks 6 are cheaters...grand master and master. They should be dragged into the street and slaughtered. Testicles first. Okay maybe that's extreme just ban them I guess. Definitely cheating. Havent seen this sort of scale cheaters since before the report button was added.

this is why I just stopped playing.......  Not worth it any longer.  Until they get serious on bans for cheating.

I'm tired of cheaters. They ruin the game. It's obvious people form teams to hang up on others! Their moves make no sense, other than to benifit each other. Then the AI follows their pattern. There is no other explanation than cheating! Watch for a cheater named floflux! He's a damn cheater! He works in unison with others or is one person playing two colors!

Jonah,

No offense, I don't play that map, but what is the cheat your trying to show in your screenshot?

Polity, asking for proof to their cheating ?

Doug M., I'm duke swift 4. I have no idea who the other guy is-just checked my friends, not there. I'm guessing it was an alliance that actually held. (Don't recall anything-3 months ago. I'm sure you reported it with a ticket. I heard nothing from smg-so it's safe to assume it was investigated and found unwarranted.
Rarely do I encounter actual obvious cheating but I just played two masters who attacked everyone but each other. No problem, I get alliances, but leaving one army on border with no attack! Then one attacks me with the intent to decimate my forces with no chance of taking me out, leaving himself decimated. No surprise the other so called master finishes me off. Love the game, hate the players who do not play to win for themselves (probably operating two accounts).
The blue player, after I was defeated, stopped attacking and moved their troops from the capital's and allowed the yellow player to take them over. I stayed and watched the final moves because it became obvious after a while that the yellow player only attacked me and the blue player was not attacking the yellow. The SMG team have my report and can easily confirm this. My point is that cheaters should be banned. Not just deranked. It is a shame that we have to deal with cheaters in such a classic game.

Alright! I'll go report them in the Discord as well on your behalf :)

Doing away with rankings won't stop people cheating and will simply send a message to cheaters that they have won. I think you are more likely to get ganged up on if you join a game with more than one other human opponent. I experienced this a lot in the early days of playing and felt in some games I was definitely being targeted but not for strategic reasons or reasons of rank. So I started creating my own games and hey presto with only one human opponent and two bots, my win ratio rocketed due to my deeper understanding of these types of games. No cheating or fake rank there. SectaOne makes some excellent points. I'm not sure why people dislike bots in games but I always leave a respectful amount of time to allow the human joiner to exit prior to starting the game. There are definite tactics to employ when playing against bots and it might seem like they are targeting someone in particular. They're not. It's just that they aren't particularly good at the game. The programmers do change the bot strategy from time to time and they're definitely better than they were but they're still usually only a secondary concern. On alliances, I never break these first unless my allies position is getting out of control or they are the last colour left. Once I get my winning position sorted out I will make efforts to preserve an allied human opponent unless they leave the game. Then I destroy them first so they get no points. If they "get" what I am doing, stay in the game and respect my armies then I "allow" them to finish 2nd. The same sometimes happens to me so if I can't win I will try to finish 2nd, hoping that a dominating human opponent takes pity on their ally. If you think you are being cheated, create games with bots and only one human opponent slot. I've only had one instance where "cheating" might have occurred and that's when the human player, going first, got a bunch of extra armies on their first go. Way more than they should have. Whether this was a glitch in the program or somehow someone was cheating I doubt I will ever know. As I mentioned previously, it didn't help them, they clearly weren't a genuinely strong player!
Login or Signup to post a comment