Start a new topic

Cheating vs Exploit

You should be careful accusing someone of cheating.

-Two players ganging up on you is NOT CHEATING!

- One player playing two accounts is NOT CHEATING!

- BOTS tough one, but still saying the BOT has no actual cheats but just another account to try and give the player an edge. Not much dif. then having a second account. Still saying this is NOT CHEATING!

I calls these exploiting a games feature, and impossible to stop.

I have hundreds of games logged in Risk, and have not seen one person actual cheat, as in roll sixes every roll, control the game so no one can move but only them, GOD mode where you can't hurt them, etc. NOT ONCE!

I do see many players trying to get an advantage with a second account, but honestly most of them suck and need two accounts.

I see many posts about cheating, but I challenge any of you, prove they actual have cheats vs just playing a second player who also is not cheating rather then playing dirty.

1 person has this question

Catching up lol

My game settings:

Classic, auto placement, progressive, export, 60 secs, no fog, blizz on, alliance off, rank on, min Beginner, max GM, Dice = Balanced Blitz

I only stop Novice from joining, hoping to minimize some co-op players.

Anyone can join my games, no kicking, and prefer a full game of six real players

Give it a 3-5 count to allow game jumpers time to leave, then Start the game!

So no stacking of high ranked players in my games... 

Ta, Strange then hours played to game ratio, especially with u playing 60s. Maybe a fixed played first few hundred?

I used to play fixed, but out of all my games, maybe 75+ progressive.

Fixed (to me) is just boring. Every game, stack and wait, and hope others who are also stacking attack someone ELSE first. Then you back stab em, cause their weak. Just prefer Progressive..., but have always played 60 seconds games.

...and don't forget Tommy Buzz being my first player, so I had to learn how to play with him as well. So early games prob took way long, who knows.

Hey everyone, we received some feedback that this thread was getting off topic, so we thought we would clear up any confusion that may be happening.

Cheating is defined in the Fair Play rules as:

1. Hacking the game, in any way, is cheating.

2. Using multiple accounts in the same game to gain an advantage is cheating.

3. Playing with someone you know and working together to gain advantage is cheating.  

If you wish to play with people you know please use the Play with Friends mode. If you still wish to play with friends against real opponents, play as if they were an enemy, not an ally. 

A link to the fair play rules is found here: http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/11000017727

If anyone would like to report players in breach of the above rules, please report players in game. 

This thread will now be closed to further posts.

See you on the battlefield!

-SMG Support Team