Start a new topic

Cheating vs Exploit

You should be careful accusing someone of cheating.

-Two players ganging up on you is NOT CHEATING!

- One player playing two accounts is NOT CHEATING!

- BOTS tough one, but still saying the BOT has no actual cheats but just another account to try and give the player an edge. Not much dif. then having a second account. Still saying this is NOT CHEATING!

I calls these exploiting a games feature, and impossible to stop.

I have hundreds of games logged in Risk, and have not seen one person actual cheat, as in roll sixes every roll, control the game so no one can move but only them, GOD mode where you can't hurt them, etc. NOT ONCE!

I do see many players trying to get an advantage with a second account, but honestly most of them suck and need two accounts.

I see many posts about cheating, but I challenge any of you, prove they actual have cheats vs just playing a second player who also is not cheating rather then playing dirty.

1 person has this question

With "Game Finder", you may not be able to do that, unless they add a filter for only above rank X.

While I understand your request, I don't think it adds to the game. How are new users supposed to find games if no one will play with them? Might deter getting added players if they can't get a games going online.

I just figured out how these cheaters can be stopped.

Just give the game an ignore feature.

Allow players to block players they know are cheaters.  If everyone refuses to play with the cheaters that will put a stop to this garbage.  It's out of hand especially when you play high ranked players. 

Ta, Strange then hours played to game ratio, especially with u playing 60s. Maybe a fixed played first few hundred?

Sure...

To me, the dif. between a cheat and an exploit, is one is fixable.

So ya I praise the game developers, although a lot of team playing (request team mode pls), but can't say I see any real cheats I'm expecting them to fix. No GOD mode, or someone rolling ALL SIXES, or freezes the game for everyone but themselves. I'm only using a lesser word to describe two players allying to win. "Exploiting the game, but still rolling same dice, same rules, etc as everyone else"

Your welcome to narrow your vocab to one word for everything, and call everything a cheat. But, I promise you your complaints will go unheard by the developers cause your only crying wolf, and not pointing out any actual fixable problem.

I think it's cheating two expert players to sit in a game, wait for others to join, and then not attack one another to preserve their rankings--basically knock every one else out and then fight. In what sense is that not cheating? IDs and ranks should just be blind to everyone in the GD game.  Then we wouldn't have to wade through the people playing footsie.

I used to play fixed, but out of all my games, maybe 75+ progressive.

Fixed (to me) is just boring. Every game, stack and wait, and hope others who are also stacking attack someone ELSE first. Then you back stab em, cause their weak. Just prefer Progressive..., but have always played 60 seconds games.

...and don't forget Tommy Buzz being my first player, so I had to learn how to play with him as well. So early games prob took way long, who knows.

Steve,

It does matter, only one is fixable (Cheats).

An exploit is more like a player playing unfair, but without a referee in the game, who is going to call him out.

Having all said, operating multiple accounts under the sole control of a single player in a game is definitely cheating. This kind of arrangement should not be tolerated at all. When Risk is a physical board game, we don’t tolerate players that play more than a single color but we do tolerate mom and dad alliance against us siblings.

Yeah beginners will attack if they feel threatened, which is really stupid because it guarantees a loss for both of you. I sometimes have a tough time in beginner games. you have to remember that they won't wipe you out even if they could sweep the board with it, as long as you aren't putting your mass army right on their border. Just maintain a nice path to go through when you're ready = easy win.

With masters, you can park yourself right next to them and they are thankful because you're probably blocking others from attacking :)

Matt L, I get what you're saying and I agree with your assessment. Cheating is manipulating gameplay to where the game does not treat you the same as it treats the other players. Cheating is operating outside the boundaries of normal gameplay. Using two accounts or playing with a friend whom you are always allied with is indeed an unfair advantage, but it is not operating outside the boundaries of normal gameplay. It's cheaper and dirty, but not cheating.

3-4 times in a row, lol, you think dice have memory or feelings.

Each roll is unique, and the fact you lost last roll has no impact on the next roll.

There dice!

Just because you lost, does not equal others are cheating.

I'm betting you have ZERO proof of a real cheat being used, other than you think someone has played unfairly. I believe that's called a whiner! 

Is there another platform.latest the so called xperts played 2 against 1 untill i destroyed 1 of them in turn 2 and they quit as usual.then as i was about to win it slowed my commands down so i couldnt take 14 men in 6 countries out in 60 secs .i still wad going to win so it just locked me out. Might think this was bad luck but it has happened to many times. I want to start a league with legit rankings and honest players not a bunch of punks
Allies are fine, but that implies 2 different humans. 1 human playing 2 sets of armies is against the intent of the game. Naturally the one human is going to ally both his armies. Unfortunately at the moment, the ally request is the only mode of communication in this online version. It's my one big criticism of this online version preventing it from playing like the actually board game.

Just had a game ruined by some suicider who decided to just go around and F everyone up.  TIred of these people

So I ally with a total stranger with intention to gain an advantage, and use that advantage to the fullest to win. I then repeat this every game, new stranger, intent to gain an advantage and win.

Am I cheating ?

Note, random example, but common style of play for many.