Start a new topic

Cheaters

I have reported all the cheaters that I know for sure in the game because some of them are very obvious. However, this issue has yet to be resolved. I would like to be able to get back into the game after being wiped so that I can see the end of the game and figure out who's cheating for real. This game is not fun at all if people cheat and I am considering to find something else more entertaining and healthy to play.

21 people have this question

I have had that before, what is the point. Also how do they freeze the game?

Appreciate the response..

I reserve my opinion, wouldn't help, but can add I do believe players currently do get banned, but only for that player name. They don't lose their unlimited purchase tokens, just create a new newbie player.

..to me I think current mechanism if fair.

I have deleted the risk app from my iPad and I will never play the game ever again. There are too many cheats, there are too many bugs and connection problems (especially the one that freezes auto matches before they even begin, causing you to lose), and worst of all, evil and stupid novices who get angry at you for the slightest attack and then attack you exclusively, causing both of you to lose the game (or who are cheaters).
Scott I don't think you are paranoid, some people probably do use 2 accts in one game as it would be easy to elevate your rank that way. However, I don't think it is as easy to tell as some people think. I have been in many games where I had an ally and we left our borders completely undefended because we both knew if one of us attacked the other would mess him up. I have also been in games where at some point it becomes obvious that 1 player will most likely win. At that point I basically play for second place which some people seem to really dislike or think is 1 player with 2 accounts.
She got additional cards each turn please check my game vs her and ban! Cheaters nick is Anne Derome
I was just banned, and have no idea why. As great as it is to get rid of cheaters, it is equally terrible to ban a non-cheater. I was on Grandmaster status at the time of my ban, so i assume someone i beat got mad and falsely reported me. What is to stop a hater or a sore loser from falsely reporting you? That needs to be addressed also. More than likely it was this guy who made an alliance with me and then attacked me , while clearly having an alliance with the 3rd player. So i attacked him back and the 3rd player was left with a huge lead, but made a mistake and left an opening to his capitals and i got lucky and won. I guess the player i had an alliance with felt betrayed and reported me, but he is the one who betrayed me.

It doesn't bother me, I see it as a challenge! 

Easy fix - Game finder, where you join a queue that auto populates you into a game.

Not a new idea, but prevents people from joining same game, unless by random chance.

Sadly I've suggested it, got ZERO votes, so suck it up..

Game on, and feel free to play multiple accounts in my game, I'll bet you anyways!

Apparently more than one person has falsely reported me then. Ever consider that possibility? There can be more than 1 sore loser. Maybe when you outplay alot of people theres more angry people. I never have colluded. I laugh alot when my enemies get attacked and that might piss alot of them off. If you report your opponent for laughing emoji after you get attacked then thats just being a baby.

Nazih Hawi  -  ahah!! ha good one. There has to be some Admin action right now. 

Awesome news. Thank you SMG and to you Guy for submitting the ticket! Hopefully, the player will think twice before cheating again!

You need a LOT of "false" reports to be banned.  I've been reported many times.  Never cheated and never come close to being banned.  So yeah.  I have thought about that.    But like it said, your post makes clear you've given a lot of ammo to a lot of people.  And they're not reporting you because you're an amazing player.

I would wait for SMG to decide. There is always the possibility of a mistake, the dice are put together by chance ... I am sure that they are cheaters, but Hitler was also sure that he would conquer the whole world ... As you wish.
If laughing when your enemy gets attacked is reason to be banned then we can agree to disagree. Have some fun man. Thats what the game is for. They certainly arent reporting me because i cheated . Because i never have. And yes you are more likely to get reported when you win because many people target Grandmasters, or get mad when you outplay them. So stop assuming i cheated when i came on here to discuss a situation when your falsely banned. Also how do you know if you have been reported? I have never been reported to my knowledge. I just finished a game and it said i was banned. Is there a place you get messages from the Risk people? Cause i have never been warned or reported unless i dont know where the messages are.
I can't remember the last time I played against a cheat. I only ever host 6 player games and I usually kick every other person. So when 2 people join I kick the second and then wait for 2 more to join and then kick the second. Repeating until I have a full game of 6 and sometimes I kick someone just in case. I never play beginners and never play against multiple Grand Masters or Masters. Sometimes when 2 people are really passive I start to wonder if they're cheating, but in the end they do attack each other.
Gents....and Ladies as well of course.... let's not get hung up on this cheating thing....the reality is that 90% if not more, in this game, is pure luck...the territories that you are dealt with, the draw of the dice, and the draw of the risk cards... all arbitrarily. Skill is quite limited. So you geniuses out there that think you are a brilliant player.... you are brilliant at luck.... good luck to all!
Login or Signup to post a comment