Start a new topic

Where are the grandmasters

I must have played 3,000 Plus games in the last 3.months that’s roughly 12,000 opponents plus the thousands who join games and leave before they start. In all that time I have seen one grand master and maybe 100 masters Where are they. When’d do they play Do they have to play to stay grand masters or once they gain the status can they sit back

I personally have five accounts that have active grandmaster status. I rarely play with any of them because it is very difficult to find high ranked opponents to play against. Right now I mainly play with two other accounts that do not yet have grandmaster rank (I use one of these accounts for progressive and the other for fixed). The actual ranking of my accounts remains constant unless I play but my position relative to others has steadily fallen over time as more and more accounts reach the top ranks. Now to be clear many grandmaster accounts (especially those at the top of the leaderboard) are those of cheaters who play with multiple accounts in the same game. I wish more were done to detect cheating because my position would be greatly improved by the removal of the cheaters’ accounts. Also it’s lame that 1v1 players are ranked ahead of people like me who play five human opponents. Nearly all grandmasters, cheaters or otherwise, host their own game and you are highly unlikely to have them join a game that you or anyone who isn’t a grandmaster is hosting.

1 person likes this
Great answer Very informative It actually makes me feel good that my master status has been achieved with no cheating and one account

1 person likes this

People with more than one account should be banned lol!

True - I've only seen one Grandmaster (who turned out to be a frikkin cheater!) and maybe a dozen or so Masters...

The numbers are constantly in flux - but I was back to being Master when my rank got above 8000... and from what I can remember, you need to be above about 800 or so to reach Grandmaster

Which means, out of maybe 4 million players - there are only 0.002 percent who are Master/Grandmaster!

This mediocre ranking system needs to be completely changed - why the hell don't they use official military ranks ffs... SMG love to re-invent the wheel, and always do a poor job!

1 person likes this
Not all grandmaster are cheaters. I have been playing for a while. I have one board, France, that I love and do well at. If I feel like the game is a setup, I just doing hit accept after the game starts. I get booted from games all the time. I like playing with master's and above because they typically don't go kamikaze in the game.

I happen to be a grandmaster.  I play everyday, but yes/no I play.  However, after going from grandmaster to master and below, it's kinda of hard to get back to grandmaster again.  So I play novice and beginners and there is a reason for this.  I kinda of like to teach others about how the computer plays.  I give them hints (the best I can), and etc..  There are some novice that do beat me, but I think either they are cheaters or they have a battle field mind like me, as I use to do this type of work in the Army.  

I have never played against a GM that wasn’t cheating. Not once

1 person likes this
How do you communicate with other players? DAN

1 person likes this
I just achieved Grandmaster status this morning, after playing almost daily for a couple of years. I HATE cheating. I agree with the commentary above that most who achieve the rank ARE cheaters (as evidenced by so many who use multiple accounts, even openly, as admitted to in this thread), which is why I will only play in games that I host, so I don't step into a cheater's trap. I only host 5-player games with 3 computer players so it's 1-on-1 human play with other independent players to extend the game and add interest.

1 person likes this
I hope they are watching and learning at the same time.
I became a grandmaster 1 month ago and bob around between that and master every few days I too prefer me vs a player and a robot or 2 It can be annoying when the robot won’t play or picks on me but that’s luck The biggest problem is when you get to about 2300 rank above you are Grandmasters parked who won’t play on that account Every player should lose 10% of the points they have every month Regular players will go up parked cheats will fall

1 person likes this

I am a ,aster ranked player at 8000 points. I am proud to say that i just defeated two cheating grand masters, even though i had to use an ally as a scapegoat to gather his cards i destroyed both grand masters with a smile on my face. Most grand masters are cheats and should be banned. It takes the glory aware from dedicated risk players.

1 person likes this

Since yesterday I am a Grandmaster. So I can say it is possible :-). It was a hard and long road. I always play against 5-6 players lvl intermediate - grand master. This is because when you lose against a few noobs you drop instantly ten thousands of points. Points that are gained by a few honderd or maybe a couple of thousand by winning (depending on the ranks of others).

Yes, it is very frustrating against the cheaters. You can see when people cheat in the viewing modus. What I saw more then once is how they work. They both have a continent that they are not defending by the adjacent borders. So they only have to defend one border. Impossible to play against to. Also they are both attacking / taking out the players one by one very systematic. Or when it is not logic. Why attacking the weakest player that is not a treat anymore?  I always spectate when I get defeated and when I'm 100% sure report them. Another tip. When you start a game and simultaneously two players will be added I always delete one because I've seen numerous times that these two players where the cheaters. 

So be keen on cheaters. Report them to keep the game fair and clean. It's better to be safe than to be sorry. Be keen on possible cheaters and delete them before the game starts. Don't play games with 3 players, because probably the other two is just one ;-). 

I'm looking for grandmasters to play 1v1

on the weekend.

Been GM for a while now. Play frequently on various maps, allways 6 Human players and I mostly host them. Cheating is for loosers and have not played any GM that did. 

Login or Signup to post a comment