Start a new topic

Fair Play Rules

Update: Please note that this is an old version of our Fair Play Rules. To view our most recent version, please visit this page: https://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/11000090958-fair-play-rules

Fair Play Rules

To clear up any confusion in the community on what constitutes cheating we have the following Fair Play Rules.

1. Hacking the game, in any way, is (considered) cheating.

2. Using multiple accounts in the same game (to gain an advantage over other players) is (considered) cheating.

3. Playing with someone you know in Global Domination is cheating.

4. Abusing a bug or glitch or knowingly encouraging abuse of these is cheating.

5. Creating a negative experience for other players, by actions such as spamming excessively, refusing to end games, intentionally disrupting gameplay, delaying gameplay (stalling), or abusing our reconnection system intentionally, is cheating.

6. Don't play with anyone you know or have external communication with in Global Domination. Use Play Friends or risk a ban!

If you wish to play with people you know please use the Play with Friends mode. If you still wish to play with friends against real opponents, this must still be done via Play Friends. Please use the RISK Community's #looking_for_game feature at https://discord.gg/risk 

What happens when a player is reported for any of the above?

The following action will be taken if they are found to have broken these rules; 

• If the player was (found) hacking, they will be banned from RISK entirely.

• Although we try to warn new players who might not be aware of the rules, such a warning is not guaranteed. You might be banned by automatic or semiautomatic systems before receiving such warning.

• Should a player be banned - Their leaderboard position and rank points are completely removed. All games they have participated in for the current season, will have game results re-ordered so that they are placed last. All of their opponents will see this minor bonus.

FAQ

Q: How do I report a player?

A: Report in-app by clicking on their avatar and clicking on the red triangle icon under their name in the Alliance Window. If you come across any suspected hacking - Create a support ticket at http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new with the names of the players.

Q: Why can't I team up with my friends in Global Domination?

A: We take a "act as you would like to be acted towards" approach here. It is unfair to team up against unsuspecting player who believe they are entering a fair “free for all” game. The ranking system is designed for “free for all” gameplay, not teams.

Q: Will you be adding a team mode in the future?

A: Yes it’s our goal to release a team mode that allows you to play with friends or random allies against another team. No ETA on this currently, but you can find information here http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/11000009600 .

Q: Will more be done to prevent cheating?

A: Yes, we are currently rolling out a full suite of anti cheating features. Some have already been implemented and it’s logging play now. 

Q: What is the difference between forming alliances with stranger and forming one with friends? 

A: There is a difference between: the informal, temporary alliances forged and broken throughout the game (which, with all its betrayal, is an integral part of RISK) and starting a game with a friend or relative as well as strangers in there. This is intentional ganking and will not be tolerated. If you just want to play for the fun of it with your friends, start a "Play with Friends" game against AI opponents.

4 people have this question

Guys, an account named Dilliard Smiling 33 killed me off before I managed to report him. A assume he was cheating, but since it was fog of war with blizzard cannot be 100%. That is why I need you to take a look. Here are some screenshots I took:
At least confront the player and ask him to explain how did he get so many troops unlike the rest of us early in the game.

Thanks and I am sorry if I interpreted this incorrectly.

1 person likes this
I don’t think there’s anyone on this thread who can do anything. I think it’s just players
I think I just played a game against a cheater. Any way to report this? I was playing Capitol Conquest mode. Player in question attacked and won an opponent’s capitol with about the same number of troops, which I thought was rather weird AND had troops left to attack other territories. SAME player then attacked the same capitol 12 vs 13 and STILL had troops left to attack other territories. Finally, attacked another capitol 18 vs 14 in his favor, and once again had troops left over to take over other territories. Never have I seen one player get THAT lucky attacking three capitols...

1 person likes this
It’s hard to report after the game. It’s possible tho that this was legit. I’ve lost on attacks 10 vs 12 Especially when higher numbers. But even 5v5.
Luck of the dice. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose
This game is rigged all the other people are able to turn in their cards but I rarely am able to even if I have four or more cards
I love this I’ve been suspended this is awesome all the things that have happened to me from taking the time I joined for being kicked out of games for whatever and all people in here do is pummel me so whatever …….
I honestly believe that it is completely obvious if a player is playing legitimately. If you have to question it’s little bit, they’re cheating. Once the verdict is made and is someone is determined cheating, there should be absolutely no warning. They should be keep kicked off permanently. And great tool for this to have no mistaken ban. Add in game replays. Once the replay is reviewed by administrators, they will know 100% or whether if someone is cheating. No warning necessary. Get rid of these little twerps. Sick of them.

I would agree with you 100%.  But did you know that the game cheats as well?  Why would the game attack a 3 (my piece) instead of another piece that is a 3 or even a 1?  I've seen this many times while playing.  But guess what, this is in every game and it doesn't matter how good you are.  Good luck.

Dan

There are times I think someone is cheating but they are just dumb and make moves that make no sense. True story. I think they are collaborating but they aren’t
That's awesome dude until you're not cheating and your accused of cheating and you get banned and don't have a chance to State your case..... the correct way to take care of this problem is to have a way that you personally can put a little red flag next to any name that you feel is cheating so the next time they come into your room you can remove them or choose not to play this would take all things like Banning and stuff like that out of the hands of people that sit in front of a computer and have no idea if you're cheating or not
And just to touch a little further on that if you're playing any game where you have allies so you don't attack your allies that could be mistaken as cheating but the fact you're an ally just supposed to help each other as an ally do you consider that cheating will they do once again put the power of who you play in the hands of the people that are playing let us put a little red flag next to names that we do not wish to play again because we think they're cheats it's a clear and easy fix......
And of course by their rules if you play with somebody you know it's considered cheating well I personally like to play five players with certain set up and they're only a handful people that played that way so I play the same people every once in awhile a lot is that considered cheating I know I know them but I don't know them they just like to play the same game that I like ..... so another words if we're me and you are in the same game and we play more than once I know you but do I know you no I don't know you but I know your name that considered cheating and that is b*******
So I put to you Anthony if you're playing a game and you have an ally and you both team up on somebody to get them off the board just like allies are supposed to do is that cheating according to you that's cheating but I'm sorry but having allies and working together to win the game is part of the game
I agree about putting a flag I NEVEr play Using alliances. But I still get a situation where two people are clearly friends or else it is one person playing two names. I’ve actually beating people who I know are cheating but it is very difficult. And yes it is cheating if there are no alliances in the game and you are playing with an alliance
Login or Signup to post a comment