Start a new topic

Fair Play Rules

Update: Please note that this is an old version of our Fair Play Rules. To view our most recent version, please visit this page: https://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/11000090958-fair-play-rules

Fair Play Rules

To clear up any confusion in the community on what constitutes cheating we have the following Fair Play Rules.

1. Hacking the game, in any way, is (considered) cheating.

2. Using multiple accounts in the same game (to gain an advantage over other players) is (considered) cheating.

3. Playing with someone you know in Global Domination is cheating.

4. Abusing a bug or glitch or knowingly encouraging abuse of these is cheating.

5. Creating a negative experience for other players, by actions such as spamming excessively, refusing to end games, intentionally disrupting gameplay, delaying gameplay (stalling), or abusing our reconnection system intentionally, is cheating.

6. Don't play with anyone you know or have external communication with in Global Domination. Use Play Friends or risk a ban!

If you wish to play with people you know please use the Play with Friends mode. If you still wish to play with friends against real opponents, this must still be done via Play Friends. Please use the RISK Community's #looking_for_game feature at https://discord.gg/risk 

What happens when a player is reported for any of the above?

The following action will be taken if they are found to have broken these rules; 

• If the player was (found) hacking, they will be banned from RISK entirely.

• Although we try to warn new players who might not be aware of the rules, such a warning is not guaranteed. You might be banned by automatic or semiautomatic systems before receiving such warning.

• Should a player be banned - Their leaderboard position and rank points are completely removed. All games they have participated in for the current season, will have game results re-ordered so that they are placed last. All of their opponents will see this minor bonus.

FAQ

Q: How do I report a player?

A: Report in-app by clicking on their avatar and clicking on the red triangle icon under their name in the Alliance Window. If you come across any suspected hacking - Create a support ticket at http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new with the names of the players.

Q: Why can't I team up with my friends in Global Domination?

A: We take a "act as you would like to be acted towards" approach here. It is unfair to team up against unsuspecting player who believe they are entering a fair “free for all” game. The ranking system is designed for “free for all” gameplay, not teams.

Q: Will you be adding a team mode in the future?

A: Yes it’s our goal to release a team mode that allows you to play with friends or random allies against another team. No ETA on this currently, but you can find information here http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/11000009600 .

Q: Will more be done to prevent cheating?

A: Yes, we are currently rolling out a full suite of anti cheating features. Some have already been implemented and it’s logging play now. 

Q: What is the difference between forming alliances with stranger and forming one with friends? 

A: There is a difference between: the informal, temporary alliances forged and broken throughout the game (which, with all its betrayal, is an integral part of RISK) and starting a game with a friend or relative as well as strangers in there. This is intentional ganking and will not be tolerated. If you just want to play for the fun of it with your friends, start a "Play with Friends" game against AI opponents.

4 people have this question

game is broken as all fuck

literally reported for "hacking " in solo games and my account was banned for 3 months

because everyone reports everyone in this game for hacking and cheating 

BECAUSE MOST FUCKING PEOPLE ARE DOESNT MEAN ALL OF US ARE 

2 people like this

I’m having a problem where whenever I’m winning, suddenly my connection goes and it says attempting to reconnect. After a few seconds the countdown timer disappears and the only way forward is to abandon the game. 

It’s happening a lot and always when I’m winning or just attacked another player. 

I can’t report it as I’ve already been kicked out the game.

It’s already happened to me twice in the last 2 games. 

Coincidence or a new form of cheating? 

1 person likes this
Two more: Jamincurl is a two account cheater. The dummy account is Eliza Nassfurz 6

1 person likes this
I think I just played a game against a cheater. Any way to report this? I was playing Capitol Conquest mode. Player in question attacked and won an opponent’s capitol with about the same number of troops, which I thought was rather weird AND had troops left to attack other territories. SAME player then attacked the same capitol 12 vs 13 and STILL had troops left to attack other territories. Finally, attacked another capitol 18 vs 14 in his favor, and once again had troops left over to take over other territories. Never have I seen one player get THAT lucky attacking three capitols...

1 person likes this

Love risk online but the problem of cheating is becoming intolerable. Played 2 games last night. 1 had a grandmaster, master and novice entirely rigging the game and working together. One had 2 players working together with totally unguarded borders between them. Total waste of time. The game is utterly ruined unless you guys at SMG can do something about it. You need to have secret players who can join games, detect cheating and then take immediate action to ban those who are cheating. Only zero tolerance will work or you might as well give up the whole enterprise and close the app down. A criminal shame.

1 person likes this
This is about and to that jerk-off Briand who openly boast about having seven Grand Master accounts. Dude, your a complete cheating dick. With only a limited number of that particular ranking there’s no way you could have done it without cheating. You have absolutely no integrity. SMG should kick you out and never give you access again, but I’m sure you’re clever enough to figure a way back. I bet your mom would be extremely proud to know what a low life you are.

1 person likes this

I'm banned for 7 days, why?????? There'is no reason for that, and while that, paople who I did report, never get ban, you guys ban us e inven explain why especifly!!

1 person likes this
is there any actual way of disputing this? I ha e ZERO players on my friends list and I play whomever comes up when I create a game... If they don't want people to play random other players, create a way for it not to happen! this is now my 4th BOGUS suspension...

1 person likes this

SMG did announce they're working on a cheater reporting system. I would imagine it'll be a simple button you press and then SMG will look at the game. Much better than sending them emails. The only thing is I'm sure many will hit that button constantly and SMG is likely to be bogged down with games to check. So hopefully what they do develop will be effective.

1 person likes this
Shocking an expert using another acct in same game...lmfao weak bytches

1 person likes this

Proper action has been taken.

Please use the report tool in the app, because it flags users far more efficient and we have context in the backend, allowing us to find the game and the players in there easily.

1 person likes this

A friend is slightly unfair because you could collaborate for the purpose of both of you coming out on top, regardless of which one of you wins. But the greater problem is people using multiple accounts to give advantage to a single account for rank gain purposes.

Ranked games should strictly be randomized so that people can't stack the games, sticking extra accounts in there. The problem is there's too many variations of the game. I think rank should be strictly for the classic board game and progressive card redemption only. They can settle on the game timer also and I think they should learn towards longer than shorter. Let all other games be unranked and not matter and use an algorithm for the ranked games so the same people won't be matched up for a certain amount of time.

1 person likes this
That’s funny I was banned from playing single player mode for collaborating . In a one vs one match… the problem is in their rules you can report anyone for giving you a negative experience… so every time someone loses they report the other person It’s funny though this company steals a game design and then runs it into the ground with hacks and cheaters. They just want you to create another account and pay to play then ban you again I will never play another game by this company or stream

1 person likes this
Perhaps if they don't want us playing the same people, they should create a way to make it impossible... I would think that would be easier than expecting us to remember EVERY username and variations of those names, then checking the name of the current players on our game to the names of everyone we have played in the past dew days... I mean if I play Player 10020034534, OF COURSE I wouldn't make a mistake and know it wasn't Player 10020034535, right? This is ridiculous

1 person likes this
I understand that playing with allies off is cheating but I play with allies on..... and always am weary of my allies and will crush them when the time comes without a second thought like it should be.... not like playing somebody that is cheating and they know they are not going to attack each other so they're not worried about borders

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment