Start a new topic

Please look at the distribution of defender rolls

I'm sick and tired of losing 9 men to the defender losing none. I've played enough games on here to know what's up. There is no way defenders aren't winning a majority of battles they shouldn't. I've gone from master to beginner, and I'd love to see roll distributions published. I doubt it will ever happen.

1 person has this question

Have SMG stopped supporting Risk now? Why doesn't anybody from the company respond to people posting here?

2 people like this

We are always watching.

But on a serious note. We have heard the dice complaints, all of them. As we have stated before, if there are any issues with the dice system it will be identified and fixed.

- Phillip@SMG

2 people like this
And I just lost 15 men to 2. This stuff happens all the time in here, and I've never seen it in an actual board game of risk.

2 people like this
Something that I previous;y posted in two other message threads elsewhere here in the forums: Posted by "Ash" over at their official Facebook page: "When we first implemented the code we used random on each individual die. The problem was you got a lot of extreme cases with this. So now we use a probability matrix. There's still edge cases but it's MUCH less than what happens if each dice roll is totally random." Well, now THAT explains it... SMG is NOT using a true RNG, but rather a "probability matrix" (i.e. the dice are rigged, plain and simple). Extreme cases or not, EACH and EVERY single die roll should be rolled as RANDOM, as this is how it would be with REAL-WORLD dice (and apparently, how it is coded in *ALL* of the other Risk and Risk-like games that I play... i.e. NO questionable dice rolls).

1 person likes this
Also, it's been exposed that using a probability matrix is cheaper than having true dice rolls... Smh

1 person likes this
Because they've been exposed

1 person likes this

Clearly there are quite major issues!

How soon will they be fixed?

1 person likes this
SMG has basically turned a blind-eye (or rather, a deaf-ear) to this. They defend their rigged "probability matrix" to the bitter end, regardless of what the MAJORITY of players are REPORTING or WANTING. Like I've posted numerous times here in the forums (as well as on SMG's Facebook page), I too never see this sort of behavior in the real board game (or any real die throws)... AS WELL AS the other Risk games (Risk for Windows 3.x, Risk for Windows 95, Risk II for Windows 98), Risk-like games (Border Siege), Android die roller apps (Dynamic Dice), my own crude die rolling codings in QBasic 4.5 and NeoSoft's NeoBook Professional, AND EVEN the old DOS gem of Risk (circa 1989) that I play. YES, FOLKS... the programmers of Risk for DOS got the die rolling CORRECT, EVEN WAY BACK in *1989*. P.S. I have basically GIVEN UP on SMG Risk that I FULLY PURCHASED, and mostly play the above mentioned games... the dice are NOT rigged, and the AI are almost worthy of the "I"!

1 person likes this

They've been exposed ?

What do you mean Jacob ?

Login or Signup to post a comment