Start a new topic

Cheaters

I have reported all the cheaters that I know for sure in the game because some of them are very obvious. However, this issue has yet to be resolved. I would like to be able to get back into the game after being wiped so that I can see the end of the game and figure out who's cheating for real. This game is not fun at all if people cheat and I am considering to find something else more entertaining and healthy to play.

21 people have this question

Slate Skulls 8, and Chester Ward 4

Lorilemha

The cheating sucks but I doubt anyone is ganging up on you because you're a woman.  I rarely even notice if someone is a woman and when I do it's only because they use that generic female icon.

There are a lot of players who are just idiots.  They need to have a block feature, I'm pretty sure there used to be one on the back of player's cards but they keep changing the setup and I'm not sure if it's still there or not.

I just won a game where a purple player camped outside of Australia waiting to wipe me out and take my cards, he let the blue player take over NA,  he let the Yellow player take over SA and a bot took over Europe but instead of attacking he just hung around outside of Australia. 

I sat there waiting for the idiot to attack me (we were about equal strength) which would have killed us both.  Luckily I traded in my cards first so he went after one of the other guys after they were weakened .

But that's where Risk gets frustrating.  I ended up winning but I could have lost if that idiot had attacked me instead of the other guy.  He ended up pissing everyone in the game off though so the blue player ended up going after him and they weakened each other to the point that I could take both of them out.

But that particular game was not skilled based, it just was just luck, I got lucky that I could trade my cards in and I got lucky that the purple idiot attacked one of the other guys instead of me.

True, I bet most of the cheating mofos play one device on WiFi and the other on Cellular... but blocking double IP's would get rid of some of them

Then, use GPS location to get rid of the rest of them - by preventing two accounts joining a game if they are both located in the same 10 metre radius etc 

Obviously this would also prevent two friends from playing if they are sitting in the same room - but SMG could create a Setting that allows "Nearby Players" to join if enabled... 

There seems to be a similar option already in the Settings, which allows/disallows people to join if they are on the same WiFi network = 

Matt....you literally started a top defending cheating and said using 2 accounts ISN'T cheating lol.

You've been defending cheating for literally years here. YEARS.

You've probably posted thousands of times now defending cheating over the years.

Stop cheating, stop defending cheating and stop lying.

David,

I've never been banned from a game (I was banned from here because ol' Matt there is a snitch) but I have filed tickets against many many many cheaters and I always get a response from SMG.

I can't believe they would ban you with no notice but if they did you can ask them why they did it.

Sounds like a real awesome game Matt,a quick one too. You started the game "about six hours ago" and finished it" about six hours ago" lol.

You finished "NIgel" off that quick huh? And then came back here to talk about what a great game it was and how there was no cheating that quick too lol?

Let me do the math Matt.....super quick game....from a guy who thinks using 2 (or more) accounts in a single game is fine.

I totally believe you and "Nigel" had a great, non-cheating game though lol.

It's possible, I have no doubt. If you don’t get to report them in the game, report them with a screenshot.
You suck cock.

Божа 537

You have two accounts huh?  I'm shocked. 

I have one.  That's it.  I don't need 2 because I don't cheat.

Douche
Ok, I'm a novice, but can't it appear as though theres cheating when it's merely an alliance of convenience? I know once, because I had no other real option, I would have borders with only one with an alliance with somebody. I know they could break it, but I have no real choice. I imagine it could look like cheating.

@Phillip@SMG - That's a tough sell. In my ~200 games played I've only submitted a report for one game that had blatant cheating. In the month since the report I haven't heard anything back from SMG, and the player (Slate Skulls 8) is still active in the Grandmaster ranks (see image).

I'm not inclined to submit a ticket to SMG again based on this experience. However, here on the forums I can share a cheating player's name and other players can watch for them to prevent them from their own games.

@ Johann@SMG - that's encouraging news about the 2018-Q1 update

Another one today: “Expert” Alfonso Nelson 2 is a two account cheater. His dummy account is Dana Chief 5. In the game in question, they were Purple and Yellow. Early in the game, Yellow defended the entrance to Australia while purple took control or it. Later, the cheating became more obvious. In the first attached screenshot you see Yellow positioned to prevent the Orange (a bot by this time) from spreading into Purple’s area. Yellow does not attack Australia, which Purple has left undefended. In the next picture, Yellow is again in a position to devastate Purple but does not, and Purple is proceeding with the obvious knowledge that Yellow is not a threat. In the next screenshot, all pretense is gone. Purple now has Asia and Yellow is actually helping to defend the border, rather than attacking easily. Finally, in the last picture, all other players are now eliminated. Predictably, at this point Yellow simply stops playing, despite having sufficient armies to attack. Yellow never attacked again and simply allowed Purple to win. I hate these people who use two devices to cheat. There has to be a way to stop this. Ticket submitted.
Matt, some more of your fellow cheaters: Red took me out then just sat there as purple took over the world. You cheaters are pathetic.

Hi Ray Lok, 
I've seen others do this, too; that is, gain a territory card without winning any territory it seemed. How can anyone cheat like this? SMG folks, if you're reading, how is this possible? 

Login or Signup to post a comment