Start a new topic

Cheaters

I have reported all the cheaters that I know for sure in the game because some of them are very obvious. However, this issue has yet to be resolved. I would like to be able to get back into the game after being wiped so that I can see the end of the game and figure out who's cheating for real. This game is not fun at all if people cheat and I am considering to find something else more entertaining and healthy to play.

21 people have this question

Tired of players with multiple accounts and you have no chance of winning the game is getting old fast

2 people like this

Johann... Welcome Aboard!

Actually getting an informative post outta SMG is akin to a miracle lol - are you a new member of staff... or have you been hiding all this time dude?!

Cheating should get kicked in the nuts - knocking them down to the bottom of the rank table, and giving them a ban, is really the only thing that will have any kind of impact on these mofos... but hopefully they are just temporary bans, otherwise you could see a marked decline in players lol

Hackers are inevitable - but usually they focus on cracking your software to get Premium features for free... the minority who use hacks to cheat can be identified quickly and easily if you code in safe-guards against highly unusual activity... like a player impossibly receiving 500 troops at the beginning of a round etc...

What have you got planned for 2018 (and why couldn't you have done it in 2017!)?

The biggest problem is one person using two accounts in a game - and is a pretty simple fix if you track IP and location...

Anyway, it's good to see that at least one person is doing some work at SMG lol!

Go Johann! 

2 people like this

Obvious cheating occurring between Jordan Mac 3 and either 1 or both of these screen names- Vaughn Mcpunch 4, Vance the Poet 3.

2 people like this

Exactly FU, that's what I just said.  Give players an ignore/block feature so you can just block these cheaters.

It's absolutely ridiculous how much cheating there is in this game. 

Almost every game I've played with an expert or higher has had them using multiple accounts.  I just had a master use his lackey account to block me from Australia so he could take it.  When it's that obvious it's infuriating that you can't do anything about it.

2 people like this
I would also like to thank Johann. IP address tracking would only be an indicator. You could use a vpn for one device or have a phone on 4g and a tablet on the wifi. Also I sometimes play with friends from the same ip address and we definately dont work together. Maybe a simple database to report cheating would work. It would be easy to identify the worst cheaters and take away some ranking point.

2 people like this
It be great if they just had an automated check of the leaderboard to keep it from getting cluttered with cheaters.

2 people like this
Sam I disagree. You could play however you want with the guideline of 1 user. Once you start playing with 2 users, youre abusing the game. Risk let's you have alliances short-term/long-term within that framework of the game. It's a tactic on its own since you can't alliance with someone too long then they'll eventually defeat you, only one person comes out winner. But to have 2 accounts, especially when when it's a 3 or 4-way game, there's no skilll anymore, chances of one of those accounts to win is over 50%. And that's called cheating. The make alliance/ignore/make alliance trick when other people are attacking is within the games tactics. Not saying that it's 100% right, but it's another tactic "if you can do it fast enough so timer will go out".

2 people like this
Heres 2 more for you. Okey Rock 5 and Billy Bravo 5. Was obvious that these 2 names are connected somehow. From the onset they avoided each other, put 1 army on adjacent territories and targeted my troops even when there was no reason for it. I will take a loss as ive taken many but these 2 names are what ruins games. If you have to cheat to attain grand master or master as these 2 names have done, its sad. Cheat to succeed is truly the lowest achievement you can get.

2 people like this

@cjohnson596 I just tracked down that report and you are correct that that one is still outstanding. It takes us some time to get through all the cheating reports. Hence why we need the automated system. Just a heads up in most cases we do not reply with the result of the investigation.

You are free to post any cheaters here of course, I was just clearing it up for any passers by that this is not where you post to report a player.

- Phillip@SMG

2 people like this

Good morning,

I will hand that over to our support team to look into the the stats.

As said, one of the next updates will also bring a direct report button within the game and even more automated scanning systems running in the background. This is definetly the year we hit the cheaters, and we hit them hard.

We have quite exciting plans for tournaments and competitions in the long run, but it doesn't make sense before we get rid of the majority of cheaters.

- Ivan@SMG

2 people like this
@Roccocoty I feel your pain. How frustrating it is to find a game with a grandmaster and master only to realize they are one cheater. Also congratulations on reaching the esteemed rank of master. At that high level it's important for your rank to play against high level opponents but too many times they have not earned that rank fairly. Because of the need for high quality games I am organizing a group of players ranked expert or better to play risk together. No cheating just high quality risk that's good for your rank. See http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/11000012564 for details. And check out our latest comments here http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/11000012564/page/last#post-11000062867 Anyone else ranked expert or better is also more than welcome to join us.

1 person likes this
I think we have a lot of sore losers here in this cheaters forum. And cheating is not really very clearly defined to begin with. Moreover, not everybody who cheats is getting "punished"... The way this game is set up, everybody cheats in one way shape, form or another. Is cheating defined as un fair play? What about those people that don't play the game in the manner it was meant to be played? I.e. attacking others when they have the chance but yet players color up their boards with armies on all borders so that you have 3 out of 4 players that don't attack each other but just add armies to their borders... isn't that a form of cheating as well?? I have been involved in endless games where "cheating" or "unfair play" occurs ....many in the manner to which all those have complained about in this forum. Life goes on people. Exit the game if you are not happy....and don't come back if you are not happy....but to sit and take screenshots and report people etc.... how sad you are. And even still, that is not evidence of cheating...it's circumstantial evidence at best. And then SMG disciplines those "caught" cheating without evidence and based on reporting and photos, or even some technology analysis on their servers....also needs to be reassessed. C'mon people, don't make such a big issue out of it. Move on. Don't like it , leave.

1 person likes this

Also just raised this ticket pointing out how awkward and time consuming it is simplying raising tickets on this forum.

Does anyone else find it just as frustrating?

Ticket:

This isn't a feature request for any of your games. It is a feature request for this SMG Studio forum. Particularly for the way we raise tickets.

It is time consuming, which I would believe makes most users reluctant to raise tickets. Especially after they have gone through the process more than once.

I used to work in software development and testing, so I understand that a user ticketing system like this is cheaper than employing a horde of full time testers. And it pick's up those bugs that can inevitably still get missed no many how much pre-release testing is done. However, I can't believ that you want to actively discourage your users from reporting bugs or making suggestions.

I have raised a few tickets regarding hackers and multi account cheaters using the game RISK. This is the only product I raise SMG tickets for. The most frustrating part of raising the ticket is having to re-enter the details for OS, device, version number, user number. These details have not change since I first raised a ticket several months ago. I always play using the same device. I was expecting the version number to change regularly but it never does (suggesting you aren't releasing many updates or having a problem with version control).

If I raise a ticket from my PC, my browser remembers my previous entries and offers an auto populate value. My phone doesn't, it makes me re-input the values each time. Which means switching back and forth between browser and game screens checking the details (which sometimes crashes the game!). What I have started doing is sending the screen shots from my phone to my PC, then raising the ticket when I get around to it (or never).

Surely you can set your ticketing system to auto populate these fields? Recognise which user I am from my login details, then use my previous tickets to populate these fields once I select RISK from the "Which game" drop down menu?

I understand that the problem with this would occur when users play on different devices. But from the number of multi account cheaters on the platform, I think these are the people causing your problems not reporting them. And if you ever get round to changing your release number, you can set the auto populate to blank that field for re-input manually by the user.

Just my suggestion. But If something isn't done, I'm sure eventually I and many other users will just stop raising these time consuming tickets and then stop playing altogether.

1 person likes this

Yes, for reference everyone. If the ticket is set to resolved, that means the investigation is complete and action has or has not been taken depending on the outcome. We reserve the right to keep the outcomes of the investigation private.

So if you think your report hasn't been looked at, check the ticket status again.

- Phillip@SMG

1 person likes this

I'm out. Gameplay is ruined because of people who play two or more accounts.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment