You should be careful accusing someone of cheating.
-Two players ganging up on you is NOT CHEATING!
- One player playing two accounts is NOT CHEATING!
- BOTS tough one, but still saying the BOT has no actual cheats but just another account to try and give the player an edge. Not much dif. then having a second account. Still saying this is NOT CHEATING!
I calls these exploiting a games feature, and impossible to stop.
I have hundreds of games logged in Risk, and have not seen one person actual cheat, as in roll sixes every roll, control the game so no one can move but only them, GOD mode where you can't hurt them, etc. NOT ONCE!
I do see many players trying to get an advantage with a second account, but honestly most of them suck and need two accounts.
I see many posts about cheating, but I challenge any of you, prove they actual have cheats vs just playing a second player who also is not cheating rather then playing dirty.
200 troops the first round is definitely cheating! If you have an ability that no one else does, i call it cheating, If you have the same abilities as others, you can play clean or dirty, but what or where is the cheat? I still call two account to boost another cheap, kinda pathetic, but not cheating. Still rolls the same dice, receives same card turn in amount, no extra troops, no free cards...
All good points, but my point I'm really trying to make is this:
- Cheating, in my opinion, is fixable by a software update, or an anti cheat program, etc.
- Exploiting, in my opinion, is something the developers can't really fix. Even one guy, two accounts - Have one on WiFi, one on cell towers, now their IP's are different, so once again developers can't stop that, so I call this an exploit.
Thanks Tom! (Glad someone understood what I was trying to say)
Been playing this game long time now, and still haven't seen one example of cheating, but read the suggestions and the word cheating is used probably more then any other word.
If users could just expand their vocabulary, say try using "Exploiting", then realize your just venting, and wasting the developers time as they can't fix these complaints.
- There built in AI is not ideal, but I only wish I could prevent it as host or even turn it off for myself, then I'm good with that. (Still not cheating)
- I have seen glitches in the game where players got disconnected, and somehow I was controlling their player, was very odd but it's been several releases ago. Don't think I got rank from that, I'm ranked like 2.2 million atm. I just play for fun. (Still not cheating)
I really only made this post to try and get people to think before they posted, did the player actually cheat. Can the developers actually do anything about what you've seen in-game.
Lastly, stop complaining if you have no suggestions attached to it. Otherwise your just doing that, COMPLAINING!
Daniel, I have played with a friend on a few occasions. In the beginning we usually (but not always) try to be allies and gang up on people. But more often than not that falls apart quickly as one of us gets jealous (and cautious) of the other person's advancement compared to our own. In fact, while we may start the game as natural allies, we usually end up stabbing each other in the back fairly quickly.
Is it fair? I believe you are right in saying it is a grey area. We each have our own accounts and we're not trying to advance one over the other. We can actually communicate, whether by phone or in person, which is a HUGE advantage. This is the #1 reason why I think an in-game chat would be fantastic. The problem is the game is already so laggy and slow that adding a chat would likely make it much worse. But I digress. I do feel friends playing together is an [perhaps unfair] advantage, but neither cheating nor an exploitation.
I think using two accounts to benefit one is the most egregious of the exploitations. While I may play with a friend from time to time, I do not use multiple accounts for myself. That takes away all the fun from winning. As with Matt I also only play for fun. Ranking used to matter to me for like a minute, until I realized that my life isn't affected by my Risk ranking lol.