Start a new topic

Fair Play Rules

Update: Please note that this is an old version of our Fair Play Rules. To view our most recent version, please visit this page: https://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/11000090958-fair-play-rules

Fair Play Rules

To clear up any confusion in the community on what constitutes cheating we have the following Fair Play Rules.

1. Hacking the game, in any way, is (considered) cheating.

2. Using multiple accounts in the same game (to gain an advantage over other players) is (considered) cheating.

3. Playing with someone you know in Global Domination is cheating.

4. Abusing a bug or glitch or knowingly encouraging abuse of these is cheating.

5. Creating a negative experience for other players, by actions such as spamming excessively, refusing to end games, intentionally disrupting gameplay, delaying gameplay (stalling), or abusing our reconnection system intentionally, is cheating.

6. Don't play with anyone you know or have external communication with in Global Domination. Use Play Friends or risk a ban!

If you wish to play with people you know please use the Play with Friends mode. If you still wish to play with friends against real opponents, this must still be done via Play Friends. Please use the RISK Community's #looking_for_game feature at https://discord.gg/risk 

What happens when a player is reported for any of the above?

The following action will be taken if they are found to have broken these rules; 

• If the player was (found) hacking, they will be banned from RISK entirely.

• Although we try to warn new players who might not be aware of the rules, such a warning is not guaranteed. You might be banned by automatic or semiautomatic systems before receiving such warning.

• Should a player be banned - Their leaderboard position and rank points are completely removed. All games they have participated in for the current season, will have game results re-ordered so that they are placed last. All of their opponents will see this minor bonus.

FAQ

Q: How do I report a player?

A: Report in-app by clicking on their avatar and clicking on the red triangle icon under their name in the Alliance Window. If you come across any suspected hacking - Create a support ticket at http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new with the names of the players.

Q: Why can't I team up with my friends in Global Domination?

A: We take a "act as you would like to be acted towards" approach here. It is unfair to team up against unsuspecting player who believe they are entering a fair “free for all” game. The ranking system is designed for “free for all” gameplay, not teams.

Q: Will you be adding a team mode in the future?

A: Yes it’s our goal to release a team mode that allows you to play with friends or random allies against another team. No ETA on this currently, but you can find information here http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/11000009600 .

Q: Will more be done to prevent cheating?

A: Yes, we are currently rolling out a full suite of anti cheating features. Some have already been implemented and it’s logging play now. 

Q: What is the difference between forming alliances with stranger and forming one with friends? 

A: There is a difference between: the informal, temporary alliances forged and broken throughout the game (which, with all its betrayal, is an integral part of RISK) and starting a game with a friend or relative as well as strangers in there. This is intentional ganking and will not be tolerated. If you just want to play for the fun of it with your friends, start a "Play with Friends" game against AI opponents.

4 people have this question

fair rule???? how can it be fair when i paid to play a game i love which is - risk. and now i have been banned over 25 times already without cheating ofcourse. just becoz the redicilous bot find me playing with returned players. is that fair? what fair about stealing my money without deliver what i paid for? 

and if you think that the site staff knows that their bot is not working properly, is just proving the unfair of the whole situation. that's unfair, thats cheating - steling your end users money without delivering. this site has to be banned from the internet. cheaters! 

1 person likes this

My account is also suspended. I played over 5.000 games . Some players are poor sports and misuse the report button, falsely accusing others of cheating simply because they cannot handle losing. I expect from SMG Studio to provide at least 500 gems as compensation for the time I am unable to play my favorite game due to the suspension.

2 people like this

Why blocking me again   When other player are not happy to loose they post against me is that normal. I also pay 12€ do not see the publicity’s and you ban me for not doing nothing if you want to be fair record the games for a real analyse than you block the cheaters. 

1 person likes this
Absolutely ridiculous, I’ve been give a 24 hour ban, for what? Because im serbian? My money back!

I have a number of accounts to overcome the bans I get from a useless company and game.They have no friggin clue what players are or are not doing. Useless t**ts.

I used to ignore all this because I just enjoyed playing. When they came out with surrendering I was happy because I could get out of game quickly when I noticed unfair play. It now seems that is every game. This game has become a joke and will soon be played only by the cheaters and hackers.

1 person likes this
It nice to be suspended without any reason or explanation. For sure did not done anything wrong and against the rules.. Nice job

3 people like this
Suspended with no explanation, never cheated this in not on, good way to loose players smg

2 people like this

Whoever does your fucked up suspension process is a fucking dumbass. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you.

3 people like this

yes east they bann you with no reason and then they dont even reply to you asking for explanation. thats called - cheating!

2 people like this

I received a 7 day ban recently for "cheating" which includes making play unpleasant for other players, which I have done in the past but have made a conscious effort to to repeat. One such example is taking too long to complete your turns or stretching the game out longer than necessary.  I have made games last slightly longer when I have had a clear advantage in order to take all of the territories by allowing my opponent to retake a capital so I can capture one that has territories I cannot access behind it. However, in these examples the game might last two or three turns more at most with only two players left in the game. It might extend the game 2-3 more minutes... not 30 minutes to an hour. And in cases when a player demonstrates they will not retake a capital and hides additional troops behind their last capital, I will in that case quickly end the game. I see that as their choice.  I do not see that as cheating or as making the game unpleasant for other players.  I have had players take my capital on the first play of the game with more than 25 troops.  That's cheating.  I think what frustrates me the most is that a ban seems to take place almost immediately after a complaint. I would like some clarification if that is the case.  I feel like I am being found guilty first, have and opportunity to appeal, and then get a trial I am not allowed to attend.  There is a definite lack of fairness in enforcing the Fair Rules Policy.  I am not trying to start a gripe session.  If anyone has any meaningful feedback I would love for you to share.

You kissed off one of the programmers.
I have been banned 2 times recently. Both time I have done nothing wrong. Could you please rectify this so I can play again. Also could you let me know what I'm supposed to have done wrong. With thanks. Jason Parkes
Login or Signup to post a comment