Start a new topic

Cheating vs Exploit

You should be careful accusing someone of cheating.

-Two players ganging up on you is NOT CHEATING!

- One player playing two accounts is NOT CHEATING!

- BOTS tough one, but still saying the BOT has no actual cheats but just another account to try and give the player an edge. Not much dif. then having a second account. Still saying this is NOT CHEATING!

I calls these exploiting a games feature, and impossible to stop.

I have hundreds of games logged in Risk, and have not seen one person actual cheat, as in roll sixes every roll, control the game so no one can move but only them, GOD mode where you can't hurt them, etc. NOT ONCE!

I do see many players trying to get an advantage with a second account, but honestly most of them suck and need two accounts.

I see many posts about cheating, but I challenge any of you, prove they actual have cheats vs just playing a second player who also is not cheating rather then playing dirty.

1 person has this question

One person playing 2 accounts IS CHEATING!setting up accounts and replacing with bots IS CHEATING.If you consider yourself any good and have played the boars game you know what is cheating.if you cant win properly or quit as soon as you dont take australia than you arw a worse player than i was ay 6
Also the way it ranks is skewed ...sometime it calls me a beginner and sometimes novice.ive been playing this version for about 6 months..and have not seen anyone more advanced than myself.the vast maj. Are no good even if they are called an "expert".i can win 6 out of 7 and my rank does not change
If you have to win playing two or more accounts you are an amateur CHEAT.consider this....o look my red and my blue have half of aus and half of sa.ill make so red locks up both and take out blue for the cards...mot before i comikazee my way into yellows boarders CHEATER. only somebody younger than 30 would think otherwise
The AI can be manipulated. If you play enough SP matches you will be able to better predict and manipulate it. That is not a cheat. What I consider cheating (other than blatant hacks) is the use of more than one account where one of the accounts(whether friend or same person) plays with no intention of winning but with the door purpose of helping another win.
Don't play with this guy Duck Freedom 4 this Expert . Everytime I killed his territory he had I got disconnected and lost my turn. However I could hit anyone elses. This happened about 4 turns than he finnaly took me out. I thought something was up when I saw a blue player getting ready for his turn had 9 troops and there was maybe one orange troop looked away and it changed to 10 oragne and 1 blue. Blue didn't even add troops yet. So I know he didn't hit and loss any.
Marc C... This has happened to me a lot... But don't worry you can rest assured that this person did not cheat and it is in fact your location that did this to you.... Or that's what pathetic excuse I get from SMG... No they haven't figured out any other way the game can be hacked... They haven't worked out that hackers have probably gained control of AI to give themselves an advantage... Or others have been able to manipulate your actions and force you to miss turns... But no... The only hack anyone is smart enough to use according to SMG is giving themselves extra troops...
Lol it's funny it only happened when I was going to kill his full territorys and big troops .

Mike Lee,

I understand your frustrated with players using two or more accounts. It's cheap for sure!

I'm making the statement, that cheating implies you want SMG to fix it.

SMG can fix cheats, but cannot fix people exploiting a feature of the game. Example: SMG can't stop you from playing two accounts, as one can be on Wi-Fi and another on cell towers.

So trying to get users to stop posting to SMG to do something, when they should be crying out to players to stop. But how to ask a loser to stop being a loser...

Too many feature requests asking SMG to fix something that's not fixable.

Cheating or exploiting-really doesn't matter, both are equally terrible and unfair to honest players.

Steve,

It does matter, only one is fixable (Cheats).

An exploit is more like a player playing unfair, but without a referee in the game, who is going to call him out.

Matt, SMG can catch them, albeit after the game. Well several games anyway. Once they see a pattern of the same two players aligning in multiple games then the exploiter can be banned. Whether it's fixable or not (cheat vs exploit), isn't relevant, it's about what's fair, what's right. The other players will call the exploiters out-plenty of threads here showing that. As I said in another thread, it's like sitting down to a board game and one player gets to play 2 sets of armies. However, in the online version you often don't know until it's too late. And even if you do know, it's usually too big of a hurdle to overcome.

1 person likes this

So if SMG doesn't want players playing together, why is it built into the game? (To ally)

How can SMG ban someone for something they put in the game?

Please understand I don't like allies, I play one player and 90% decline ally invites, but only because I prefer to play alone, and also knowing that ally will back stab me about four turns later.

1 person likes this
Allies are fine, but that implies 2 different humans. 1 human playing 2 sets of armies is against the intent of the game. Naturally the one human is going to ally both his armies. Unfortunately at the moment, the ally request is the only mode of communication in this online version. It's my one big criticism of this online version preventing it from playing like the actually board game.
Heres a new one. Somehow skipping my turn. Still connected...just skips my turn and somehow opponent is doing it cause every time they flash a smiley face.

2 people like this

General LEE, 1st I have to say, Love the name - Was a big dukes of hazard fan growing up!

If what your saying is true, that would be the 1st real cheat I've heard and hope you've proven it to SMG and they are aware and working on it!

That is definitely cheating!