Start a new topic

Cheating vs Exploit

You should be careful accusing someone of cheating.

-Two players ganging up on you is NOT CHEATING!

- One player playing two accounts is NOT CHEATING!

- BOTS tough one, but still saying the BOT has no actual cheats but just another account to try and give the player an edge. Not much dif. then having a second account. Still saying this is NOT CHEATING!

I calls these exploiting a games feature, and impossible to stop.

I have hundreds of games logged in Risk, and have not seen one person actual cheat, as in roll sixes every roll, control the game so no one can move but only them, GOD mode where you can't hurt them, etc. NOT ONCE!

I do see many players trying to get an advantage with a second account, but honestly most of them suck and need two accounts.

I see many posts about cheating, but I challenge any of you, prove they actual have cheats vs just playing a second player who also is not cheating rather then playing dirty.

1 person has this question

Yeah, you totally misread Matt.  The Red "player" was defending the Orange player instead of taking him out.

The red "player" was suiciding himself and taking me with him so the orange "player" could win.

If you "sat back" and waited for the red player to attack the Orange player would just grind you down with red....then when he had a hundred troops or however many he needed to guarantee victory he'd come in and finish you off. 

There's no way you could win that game.  None.  You have one player with twice as many men, rolls, cards, etc. 

Your "strategy" is dumb.  No wonder you need two accounts to win.

We'll that's a new idea, with software developers making upwards of $70 an hour, ya lets have the sifting for players who aren't playing fairly.

I hate cheaters, but would rather see their software developers working on game code, updates, fixes, security patches, new content, then looking thru logs or watching game reviews. To ultimately find someone who's a pore-sport and plays dirty, but never hacked the game or has another app playing BOTS, altering the DICE or something that would be a game killer. A Crit 1 for them, per say.

Ya, I'm gunna get slack for this post. All good, my fault, I have the options to not watch news, jsut as the option to not read these forums. I like it for some odd reason :)

Daniel, like I keep telling him....he doesn't get to make up his own definition for "cheating".

SMG itself calls using 2 accounts cheating but even if it didn't....still cheating.

Like I said just last night I played a player using 2 accounts.  Of course he didn't make that evident till there were basically 3 "players' left.  There were actually 4 but one was a bot who was no threat to anyone, just not worth taking out at that point.

It was me, red and orange, as soon as I attacked orange red started attacking me and protecting orange.

It's infuriating to play a game for an hour only to have some cheater reveal himself at the end and make it impossible for you to win.

People using multiple accounts is so rampant I just assume anyone with a high ranking has another account in the game so I watch them like a hawk for any signs of cheating.

Last night the red and orange accounts didn't do anything really obvious until everyone else was out of the game and it was too late too do anything about it at that point.

And Matt....AGAIN.....you realize people can watch the games after they're eliminated right?  Like last night I watched the orange player finish off red after he finished off me and the purple bot.

The red account didn't attack orange after I was finished.  It just sat there and let orange take it out.  OBVIOUSLY ONE PERSON using multiple accounts.....which is cheating.

There's no way to win against that when you all three are roughly equal.

Your right Jason, everyone's a cheater and everyone's using multiple accounts.

You complain every day, we'll as long as I've known of you...

Are you having any fun?

I still play this game for fun, nothing you can do that will change that.

Yes, I'm still open to playing you a game, you wouldn't except my challenge before, expecting the same.

I know your thinking, what if...

I try to make it look like, if the other player doesn't kill their own (allegedly) teammate, then I will, so it's in their best interest to allow so one player still wins. I would get 2nd place, better than 3rd in that scenario. 

I'm not thinking "what if" Matt.

I'm asking how you win in that situation.

It happens all the time because so many people LIKE YOU are using multiple accounts.

So your big "strategy" is to shoot for 2nd place lol?

The only way you could even finish second in that situation is if orange let you.

That's a pathetic answer BTW. 

When a player cheats and uses multiple accounts it's almost impossible to overcome.  The only reason it's technically "possible" to overcome is because theoretically you could roll 6s a hundred times in a row....but it' not likely.

Players using multiple accounts happens all the time.  So tell me.....how do you overcome a 2:1 advantage? 

You're the expert....help me out.

You have so much wisdom, explaining all your loses.

Stay with that, it's your story.

Jason,

You say tossing in the towel is the only option, I'm saying if I can get one of the other players to take out their own teammate, sacrificing cards so one is victorious. I look at that as I also won. SO that would be my strategy, not throwing in the towel.

When playing for rank, 2nd place still counts, 3rd does not as you'll actually lose rank in 3rd place. Although, this is dif as you approach Grandmaster, 1st place or nothing, cause 2nd place loses rank then. Heck 1st place gets you like 100 or 200 rank standing point, you barely move.

Not sure why you think that a pathetic strategy, vs your ingenious throwing in the towel strat!

There are NO OTHER PLAYES lol.  It's one guy controlling TWO accounts.

You look at losing to cheaters as "winning" you look at cheating as an "exploit".

It's a pathetic strategy because you're just giving in to cheating.

You call people who complain about cheaters like you "whiners" yet you're so gutless you'd rather finish second or third than call out cheating.

Pathetic.

Matt, people like you cheat to win.

So tell me.....how do you win in that situation?  How do you win when a person is cheating and controlling twice as many troops, cards, turns as you.

Tell me how I could have prevented that "loses" lol.

Quit making excuses and break it down for me......how do you win in that situation?  It happens all the time. 

So.........?

And keep defending cheaters and whining about people who call out cheaters.  That says all that needs to be said about you.

2 years of you here whining about people who call out cheating and have a problem with it.  2 years of you defending cheating.

Pathetic.

You can't win if your trying to come up with a strategy in the last couple moves, too late.

Strategy starts at game initial placement. Where are blizzards placed, watching 1st turn carefully to see where their intent is. Strategy starts early, and adjusts throughout the game.

Example:

You and only other play are both wanting Africa, everyone else is leaving you two alone.
You both have like 15+ troops one one spot in Africa.

Do you, Jason, ever back down and leave or do you take it personal and attack thinking it's your best chance to win?

Both player with five cards, but troops only worth 4 for turnin.

Everyone else almost has a country, except you two.

What do you do Jason?

Attack or leave

Matt, what does your question have to do with anything?  Why are you trying so hard to change the subject lol?

And of course you can't win at the end of the game BUT AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME YOU DON'T KNOW RED AND ORANGE ARE THE SAME PLAYER.

What is it about that that you're not understanding?  No one in the game except the guy controlling red and orange new he was using two accounts.  So he can use both his accounts to weaken and pick off other players until there's 3 players left then pick off the last guy.

It happens over and over and over because cheating is so rampant in the game .  

Quit cheating, quit defending cheating, quit whining about people that have a problem with cheating.

Because you don't understand my question, I suspect is mostly why your losing, and betting your rank is lower than "Master" and lucky to hit Export.

I've yet to hear any strategy from you, so I'll share mine.

In my example, I would leave, but park right outside Africa hoping they just might take it as I'm leaving and leave me alone. It only take one round, if other play trying to take Africa, and defend it, they will not be able to defend my now 15-17 troops I have sitting next to him. Then I absolutely will not let him hold Africa for even one turn, Works often, unless other step in, can't control that, but back to I do have 15-17 troops so bring it on. If Europe decides to join the battle and attacks Africa, great, I attack Europe or Africa whichever is weakest now. I'm after the kill, much more than the country. Country's just a perk for the first few rounds.