Start a new topic

Cheaters

I have reported all the cheaters that I know for sure in the game because some of them are very obvious. However, this issue has yet to be resolved. I would like to be able to get back into the game after being wiped so that I can see the end of the game and figure out who's cheating for real. This game is not fun at all if people cheat and I am considering to find something else more entertaining and healthy to play.

21 people have this question

English is not my language and a language barrier exists. Banning someone is not fascism. Fascism is when someone gives himself the right to determine who is and who is not guilty. I know about God and the judges. I keep trying to explain it to you. WE ARE NOT ALL THE SAME. Maybe you like blondes, I like brunettes. One thing bothers you in the game, another bothers me. Yes, cheaters should be banned. All. They exist everywhere and always will be. Every company has its own rules for solving problems. If you don't like one store, you go to another. You can't make them follow your rules because they have their own. You think you are right and they think they are right. The last word is theirs. Play or don't play.I play a lot and I see that there are no many players that I have reported for cheating. For me, that’s proof enough that smg works well. It can always be better, and it can be worse. A lot of people play, everyone has their own way of thinking and smg has to find a compromise. It's up to you and me to play or not to play. I am satisfied for now.

Maybe it's a language barrier problem but what you said makes zero sense.

Banning someone is not "fascism".  That's absurd.  If someone breaks the rules they deal with the consequences.

And that's right that a cheater can just make another account but if they keep getting banned sooner or later they're going to quit playing or quit cheating, one or the other.  Take away the incentive to cheat (easy way to get high ranking) and people will stop cheating.

SMG has people whose job it is to go over cheating allegations.  They have ways to check to see if someone is using more than one account or if they are having a friend control an account to give them an advantage.

Really dude, why you'd be against stopping people from cheating is beyond me.  Cheating is rampant in SMG, I've had it happen to me at least twice in the last 3 days I played and that's after I created my own games.  Before I started creating my own games it was much much much worse.

Players shouldn't have to go through all the trouble of filing reports constantly to curb cheating.  Just ban cheaters on their first offense.

Maybe it's a language barrier problem but what you said makes zero sense.

Banning someone is not "fascism".  That's absurd.  If someone breaks the rules they deal with the consequences.

And that's right that a cheater can just make another account but if they keep getting banned sooner or later they're going to quit playing or quit cheating, one or the other.  Take away the incentive to cheat (easy way to get high ranking) and people will stop cheating.

SMG has people whose job it is to go over cheating allegations.  They have ways to check to see if someone is using more than one account or if they are having a friend control an account to give them an advantage.

Really dude, why you'd be against stopping people from cheating is beyond me.  Cheating is rampant in SMG, I've had it happen to me at least twice in the last 3 days I played and that's after I created my own games.  Before I started creating my own games it was much much much worse.

Players shouldn't have to go through all the trouble of filing reports constantly to curb cheating.  Just ban cheaters on their first offense.

It is a utopia. How can someone get the right to ban someone else? It looks like fascism to me. You can't set yourself as a starting point. You're not cheating, I'm not cheating, but you told me I was cheating. We are all different and have different understandings. Let everyone push a button when they don't like something. How many players have you met who don't have a gram of honor? And they need to get buttons to play with them? Who will determine who is right and who is not? Every time I have a similar dilemma, I remember Hitler. He was sure he was right. Was he? I made sure smg did that part of the job well. If someone thinks differently, that is his right. When the cheater is banned, he can continue playing as soon as he changes the device. Nobody can forbid that.: = ((

Божа 537

I ALWAYS attack a cheater as soon as I figure out they're cheating but the problem is there is no way to alert other players.  There's not even a "suspicious" emoticon anymore.

The problem is cheaters generally don't reveal themselves until there is no way the other players can win.  In most games I've encountered cheaters they wait until there's 3 players left and then it's too late.

The "perfect" way to ban is to instantly ban anyone caught using 2 accounts or teaming up with a "buddy" to cheat.

SMG keeps saying "it was just two friends who didn't know the rules so we deranked them".  So those people are free to cheat again.

I want people CAUGHT cheating banned.  I also want a block button.  This wouldn't just help with cheaters it would help with people who suicide, don't confirm or bot out in the middle of a game.

If someone reports you for cheating......it gets investigated and SMG will see you weren't cheating.  I don't care if someone reports me for cheating.....because I'm not cheating.

Koray Selduman, I'm sure such a button would bring a lot of problems. Imagine playing and someone thinks you're cheating and pushes a button for you. You certainly wouldn't feel comfortable. I can write you what I do. When I’m SURE, I constantly attack one cheater. Others struggle and try to help him. That way you can help a player who plays fair and have fun. And be sure to report both. Many cheaters I have reported are banned. Because they were reported by more players. I don’t believe there’s a perfect way to ban, but I see smg doing that part of the job great. I'm sorry because I'm answering you late, but I can't get into an argument with a man who sees ghosts everywhere and who drove away all participants in this topic by insulting them.
But I couldn’t do anything besides flash the “devil” icon during the cheaters’ turns to warn the other players and they didn’t understand. Well, I think one did but it was too late. The other didn’t have a clue even after I kept saying “oops” when he kept putting all his troops in the entrance to Australia while the “two” cheaters took over the map. It’s infuriating watching a cheater win like that. So SMG....how about a fucking BLOCK feature and some kind of cheating warning icon?
There really needs to be a chat icon for “cheater” or “suspicious“ or “warning” it something like that. I realized the two accounts were working together early on because Joaquitop kept attack large numbers of my troops with Benja_cone right next to him. He wasn’t at all worried about Benja_cone attacking him, right from the start. Joaquitop took out a 6 and and a 5 troop territory of mine on his first 2 moves. Then Benja_cone moved right next to him and didn’t attack. Obvious 1 user with two accounts.
Just played a game against a cheater, Benja_cone was using Joaquitop as a second account. Reported it, let’s see if “they” get banned.

Koray the emoticons are awful, they need a "suspicious" icon to use at least to let other players know if you see something suspicious.

Sometimes it's hard to tell if it's cheating or someone just being an idiot though.  I just played a game where 2 players didn't confirm.....and 1 botted out in their first turn.

So that left me, yellow and blue as the only human players.  For whatever reason, even though he had 20-some troops massed together on turn 4  the blue player suicided on yellow.  I don't know if they had a history of beef or the blue player was angry the yellow kind of pushed him out of SA but the rest of the map was wide open.  Maybe the blue player just didn't want to play a game where there were 3 bots?

Anyway from the yellow player's POV he might suspect that the blue player and I were in cahoots because it was just such a sudden and random suicide and it benefited me because the blue player had 4 cards and only 6-7 troops left.  I finished off blue then yellow was easy.  The AI sucks so beating them was a breeze.

But the yellow player is probably wondering if blue was a 2nd account of mine.

My experience with reporting cheaters is a large number of banned accounts. The wonderful lady in the SMG team is constantly and hard working on finding cheaters and banning their accounts. For example, I report a couple, and she digs deeper and finds 4 cheaters cooperating. I have to stand in their defense because they deserve it. Did you report the cheater?

howell checkov 27 is a cheater with sub account Dusty The Shadow 32

https://youtu.be/I1Z8WKQrBqQ

There is a need of "why are you cheating?" chat button in game. 

Cheaters must be banned without money refund.

???

Not sure what you're talking about.

That's some first rate moderating right there!

You're a lot less rude when you use your own name!

You can lodge complaints through a support ticket, the proper channels. Please stop now.

Login or Signup to post a comment