Start a new topic

Cheaters

I have reported all the cheaters that I know for sure in the game because some of them are very obvious. However, this issue has yet to be resolved. I would like to be able to get back into the game after being wiped so that I can see the end of the game and figure out who's cheating for real. This game is not fun at all if people cheat and I am considering to find something else more entertaining and healthy to play.

21 people have this question

Sorry Matt. I try to understand, but I can't. Now we have the setting of everything. I often wait for 3 players and often give up at night. How many players need to be interested in the same settings for the computer to randomly connect them? I'm not countering you, I just don't understand. I like the idea, but I don't understand how it could technically succeed. I said everything about the UI. I see that he is a little smarter, he is trying to conquer and keep the continent, but he is still very stupid and, as you said, brutal. Many times he hit my 20-30 soldiers for no reason. It is usually an end and a waste of effort. I would really like to introduce penalties for players who often don't confirm.

Божа 537,

"Auto Match", doe's not require you to click "I'm Ready", but doe's not offer any choice of desired game settings you prefer.  ..if a player disconnect or leave it would still count against their rank.

- Add game preferences to "Auto Match"

- Require "Auto Match" for all online ranked games! (Global Domination = Auto Match)

Then try to improve the computer AI, cause when player leaves, AI is brutal, has no conception of winning strategies, only blind randomness.

Hi Matt, I didn't get to thank you for your help. Your explanation helped me a lot. Your suggestion is interesting and would probably solve the problem. What bothers me is the willingness of the players to wait. And now, after a short wait, they jump out, jump in, don't confirm ... Anyway, you have my vote. Your suggestion is reasonable and would not give players the opportunity to harass other players.

Jason, 

I have Zero interest to join your band wagon to point out people you don't like or think are cheating!

I am only interested in a solution that leaves everyone with no option but to admit the game they just played was fair without cheating!

This is why I've pushed for a game finder "Auto Match" for all online ranked games. Random people every game! Choose your desired game settings (map, card type, round time, etc.) and join a queue waiting for others.

Open to hear any solution, can't seem to get any votes for my idea, so I'll vote for yours if it solves fairness in Risk. I'd love to be part of the reason this thread is closed one day cause it's no longer needed.

Matt the rankings are meaningless because of all the cheating. Did you not see Yasin’s rank? “Grandmaster” ranked something like 1,050. It’s a joke. The cheating is out of hand, even in games I create. And what difference does it make if players block lower ranked players? Most really highly ranked players won’t play low ranked players anyway. I’m just sick of idiots turning into bots or cheating or randomly suiciding on the 4th turn. I would really like a way to make sure I never play those clowns again. I’ve reported multiple CONFIRMED cheaters in the last two weeks and heard nothing back and my rank didn’t change so were they actually banned? Who knows?

I'm ok with a block feature as long as it cannot count for rank. Can't give someone a feature to block better players and still count.

How about a fucking block feature? Let players block other players. It’s not just cheaters I would like to block. I just played a game where a player randomly suicided on me on her fourth turn. I have no idea why. It was either cheating or just an idiotic player but either way I don’t want her ever in one of my games again. What are we supposed to report players who just ruin games as? As it stands we can’t do a damn thing about players who don’t confirm, or suicide, or quit in game etc. Why is a block feature such a hardship For the devs? Like I keep asking didn’t the game used to have a block FeAture?
Hey Eric....more cheaters. Notice how orange just sits there fortifying while green takes over the world? Green is a “grandmaster” lol. Orange had zero wins. But cheating isn’t rampant right?

If AutoMatch would allow for desired game settings, perfect! (Ex: I prefer more classic board settings)

Now force it, when you click "Global Domination" it would take you to AutoMatch.

Then no need for you to report random people. remove ability to report new players. (yes)

Why not push for an actual solution, like a Game Finder, you set your desired game setting and join a queue, other randomly join and game starts. Always random people!

That's Automatch! I believe it's going to be expanded to have more settings soon since rn it's just default settings.

> Then and most importantly REMOVE your ability to report someone cause your ONLY guessing then!

You're going to kill a lot of the playerbase if you do that - even if reports are often inaccurate, they at least show players they can report cheaters.

Statistically, about 40% of reports made in the Discord are accurate - a remarkably high amount.

Before you run with this..

A politer version, any suggestions how to fix it?

Reporting 24/7 is working about as well as the war on drugs.

It's so exhausting listing to weaker player always wanting to report someone.

- Transparency: Mater/Grandmater: "Tommy Buzz", almost 4000 Games played as you criticize my comment.

Why not push for an actual solution, like a Game Finder, you set your desired game setting and join a queue, other randomly join and game starts. Always random people!

Then and most importantly REMOVE your ability to report someone cause your ONLY guessing then!

Then you all can start enjoying your game again.. 

Then report them ingame, and they get banned. The more you report people, the easier it gets to play without cheaters.

The cheating is out of hand Eric. Here’s two more friends who “just didn’t know the rules” The green and purple players didn’t attack each other, they worked together to eliminate other Players, then after the last player was eliminated green just fortified allow Andres to take over and win the game. This stuff happens CONSTANTLY.

Hi Nigel!

We actively try our best to weed out cheaters and ingame reports are reviewed and banned, but here's 3 things you can do yourself to try to not encounter any cheaters:

1. Play Automatch, people can't cheat in Automatch.

2. Play 1v1 games.

3. When you play more than two-player games, steadily increase the player limit from two to 6 so that you don't get two cheaters joining.

Login or Signup to post a comment