Start a new topic

Cheaters

I have reported all the cheaters that I know for sure in the game because some of them are very obvious. However, this issue has yet to be resolved. I would like to be able to get back into the game after being wiped so that I can see the end of the game and figure out who's cheating for real. This game is not fun at all if people cheat and I am considering to find something else more entertaining and healthy to play.

21 people have this question

Tell me this is fair play. Had a plan from the beginning. Blue left immediately, orange took control of the British, red let him have France, then used orange to clear up the independent states for red. Absolutely no threat to each other. Guess that's fun for some loser out there. Enjoy your fake grandmaster status. I want my money back. Is SMG even monitoring this thread, I haven't seen a response to the numerous examples and complaints of clear cheating.
Do people think cheating is common? I tend to get my backside kicked from time to time with both human players and bots (expert bots!) employing rather dubious strategies. That said, I don't think that I am being cheated myself. My reasons are that I always create my own game with myself and two "expert" computer opponents. I then wait for a human player to join and wait a couple of seconds in case they don't fancy playing against one human and two bots. Regardless of their rating, I then start the game. Being rated highly (username Northantsovich..... GM or Master usually), I often find myself under heavy assault from a human opponent wanting a scalp, especially if I am last turn and the two bots have decided to have a go at me too. I still enjoy the challenge. I have even gone on to win such games having been down to one territory with one army! No lie!! It pays to never give up. Too often a human opponent will leave the game if they think they can't win. You get nothing for leaving the game. Even finishing 3rd out of 4 means your rank doesn't drop as much as it normally would. It's sad that people cheat but that's life.... Using my method above guarantees no cheating. That said, on one occasion, my human opponent seemed to gain lots of extra armies on their first turn (no continents but gained about 10 armies instead of 3). They went on to lose (left the game) but it did make me wonder if anyone else experienced this? Cheers! Tim So, whilst there are undoubtedly unscrupulous players, I am not among them.
Avoid games with 'expert' Irma Von strop 3, a novice sets up the game (forgot name) and the expert joins as last player - same person.
Same person. "Master" created the game for six players and last minute replaced two with bots. The remaining three played together so the so called Master would win - very obvious.
IMG0999.PNG
(1.93 MB)
Jacob I think all the bot games have had the side effect of making extremely difficult to get a sixth player in regular games. I've hosted games for months and in my opinion it has never been so hard to fill the sixth slot before. My games often sit waiting for a sixth player to join for unreasonable and disproportionate amounts of time. Sometimes people start to drop because they are sick of waiting. I think many people want to avoid bot games and so they don't take the sixth slot.
I've had much better luck avoiding cheaters by starting my own games and eliminating novices.  I've been able to get 6 player games going this way and have not noticed much, if any, blatant cheating going on.

1 person likes this

I've dropped back to expert from master at least 3 or 4 times from quitting those bot matches. I honestly don't care about rank. It makes me mad that I can be taken hostage like that.

Well then Secta I guess they win if that's how the mechanics work. I refuse to play against one other person and all bots. Glad to know I'm giving them what they want.

I'm looking for a 1 v 1 mode in Global Domination. NO AI. You can't start a game now w less than 3 total players. 2 humans only allows for no multiple device players and the collusion that makes this game unenjoyable.
My suggestion is to have the ability to play 1v1 - only humans in Global Domination Mode. No CPU players. Literally 2 humans playing. Eliminates cheaters, muliple device players, and gets rid of all the stupid collusion.
If you are playing against one human and some bots the thing they hope you will do is quit. If you do they can't possibly lose because even if they are defeated (and that isn't likely) the game won't count.

I play as zodemus. If you happen to trap me in a 3 or 4 person bot game just know that I will attack only you in the first round wherever I can and then leave the game. I don't care that much about my rank so I will do my best to sabotage your cowardly strategy.

A simple solution, in global domination mode allow for 1v1 battles. The multiple device cheaters are ruining this otherwise fun game and ultimately will be the demise of this game. It is very offputting to play a game in which it's extremely obvious you are playing against a player on two devices!

1 person likes this
I do not understand why the game does not simply create a 1v1 mode to eliminate the multiple adevixe cheaters. This game is very entertaining but the multiple device cheaters are so damn annoying! Completely ruining what is a great game!
The game creators should allow a 1v1 mode to eliminate the the individuals that play on multiple devices which unfortunately seems as it's a big problem already!
Login or Signup to post a comment