Start a new topic

Cheaters

I have reported all the cheaters that I know for sure in the game because some of them are very obvious. However, this issue has yet to be resolved. I would like to be able to get back into the game after being wiped so that I can see the end of the game and figure out who's cheating for real. This game is not fun at all if people cheat and I am considering to find something else more entertaining and healthy to play.

21 people have this question

Yes, I found and tried. That's it. Thanks a lot Matt.
Its almost as annoying as getting alliance request spammed.
Or continuous attack requests. I kinda hate that feature.
Koray Selduman, I'm sure such a button would bring a lot of problems. Imagine playing and someone thinks you're cheating and pushes a button for you. You certainly wouldn't feel comfortable. I can write you what I do. When I’m SURE, I constantly attack one cheater. Others struggle and try to help him. That way you can help a player who plays fair and have fun. And be sure to report both. Many cheaters I have reported are banned. Because they were reported by more players. I don’t believe there’s a perfect way to ban, but I see smg doing that part of the job great. I'm sorry because I'm answering you late, but I can't get into an argument with a man who sees ghosts everywhere and who drove away all participants in this topic by insulting them.

23,000,000!!!? Being stuck at 2,012,000 for the last week, and not being able to dig out to save my effing life is pretty good then? :) We need an eye-rolling emoji btw...

Beware Logan Taylor and Iron Reptile126 are 1 in the same....cheater playing on 2 devices.
Elijah Freeman 12 beat me on dice 70 to 118, really?

David, I know for a fact that they don't ban players for the first offense because several tickets I opened....with pictures of the cheating.....resulted in players just getting a warning.  And that was after them getting caught cheating red handed.

So I have a real hard time believing you were banned for no reason with no warning.

Божа 537 

You can say you don't see the cheating (you remind me of someone BTW) but it's there.  I have posted many examples on these forums including a couple in this thread.

Like I told another user I've cut down on it by starting my own games and kicking any players out who join at the same time or if they seem suspicious. 

There are tons of players using multiple accounts out there and it's often high ranked players.

I've had it happen to me over and over.  Like I told your "buddy" Matt there you can watch games to the end.  I couldn't tell you the number of games I've been involved in where it got down to three players left and I found the other "two" were actually one player.  They'll finish you off hen one player will just sit there and fortify while the other takes over the world. 

Out of all the games I've lost I would estimate 25% were due to straight up 100% proven cheating and that's no exaggeration. 

What makes it so maddening is SMG doesn't ban players outright.  I got a response to a ticket I filed about 1 player taking me out then just sitting there and letting the other player win where the mods or SMG or whoever looks into it said "it was two friends and they didn't realize what they were doing was wrong". 

Who the hell doesn't know using two accounts to win is wrong?  Besides your "buddy" Matt there?

Matt explained something to me that I didn’t know and I don’t see anything wrong with that. This proves that a person can easily make mistakes and accuse someone who is not guilty. I thought the players on the pc were favored and I was wrong. I’m not saying there’s no cheating, but I don’t think there’s that much. I have less than 20 friends for so many games. I have to thank everyone who helped me. I still don't think there is that much cheating. Sometimes people just lose their nerve. 15 minutes ago, a player blew me up for no reason. His position was around 22,000 and he consciously lost the first one. It also happened to me that a woman who is on a short list of friends accidentally enters the game. She remembered me and suddenly stuck out her tongue, said goodbye and hit the third player like a suicide. Someone who doesn’t know what it’s all about would surely think the two are playing together. I don't even know who that woman is. I mean, it's not always what it looks like. When someone experiences cheating more than once, it is difficult to calmly assess whether there has been cheating again. I have two accounts and I do not use them at the same time. I don't see anything wrong with that. When I come across him on another account, he won't know what happened. Another account is used for that.
Another set of questionable players:  Major von Strop 5 and chainfreez.  If you get in a game with these two together, watch out.

Божа 537

You and Matt seem pretty tight.   Ol Matt has been defending cheating for years and now your saying the same stuff he does.

Weird.

I was just taken out in a game by a player when there were 3 of us and a bot left.  The purple player who took me out had 40 men and zero continents.  I had 37 men and zero continents, all my men were in one territory in SA.

The third player, Orange had most of NA, most of Africa, and had Australia.  The bot had Europe.  The purple had NA then left to come down to SA (where I was) when Orange attacked NA.

So guess who the purple player takes out for 3 cards?  Me.  Unfortunately I hit the wrong button after I was defeated so I didn't  get to see what they did after that but the moves they were making made no sense unless they were in cahoots.

But there was no tactical reason to attack me.  It basically wiped out the purple player for 3 cards.  The orange player was right next to him with 20-some men.

So I'll mark that one up to suspected cheating.

Hello, here's Ivan, SMGs producer for RISK.

Let me clarify a few things:

We are really grateful for reports, and we have an internal watchlist. Basically there are some names popping up very often when cheating is reported, and that's when we go for our measure of last resort - banning. In this particular case, however, this was not called for in any way. The players have obviously colluded only ONCE with every other game they have been in together lost by both of them. So either it was just a one-time ganging of other players (still not allowed within our fair play rules) or the worst cheating attempt in history.

One way or another, it was not one player with two accounts (an offense we take much more seriously).

Hereby, deducing a reasonable amount of rank points was the way to go.

If it happens again, it will be severe, and the third strike is the ban.

Having said that, we have introduced a new monitoring system in our last version and will ban from now on much more and for good.

Best,

- Ivan@SMG

Blanca twist 4 and lou hound 7. One grand master and the other novice. Obvious cheaters.
Login or Signup to post a comment