Start a new topic

Cheaters

I have reported all the cheaters that I know for sure in the game because some of them are very obvious. However, this issue has yet to be resolved. I would like to be able to get back into the game after being wiped so that I can see the end of the game and figure out who's cheating for real. This game is not fun at all if people cheat and I am considering to find something else more entertaining and healthy to play.

21 people have this question

It's not a reason to get banned.   It's taunting and pissed people off, which will cause you to be reported for cheating and/or harassment.  Sounds like you got a harassment ban.  Don't worry.  It is probably temporary.  But maybe you can spend the time thinking about how unnecessary it is to provoke people like that.  Try playing like you've reached the age of puberty. 

I just feel like it makes the game more fun/competitive when people react with the limited communication there is (emojis/few phrases)so i think it is wrong to be reported for that. Where do you get messages from Risk? How do you know if/when you are reported?

Advice : There will always be cheaters, just as there will always be internet trolls. I just recommend reporting them by using SMG's support ticket feature. Take screenshots using your phone. When I encounter blatant cheating my only comfort is that they are removed from the game and have to start all over again if they are doing it for the status. Change the way you play to expose the cheating (make it obvious that they are attacking only you) and report them. 

And it is possible. Many players are rightly angry because anyone who plays on Android lately is in a worse position compared to players who are probably playing on a PC. It's like shooting a machine gun with a slingshot. When I need 60 seconds for something, the opponent does the same in 15-20 seconds. Every ending is easier for them. And that brings more nervousness. Someone wrote nicely a while ago. Use filters and make your life easier. If you play against a beginner as a grand, expect an application because he doesn't understand what you are doing. If you make an alliance, someone will easily think that you have broken it. Whoever hunts in muddy water, often falls into it. I think there’s too much nervousness around this whole story. There is a war on the board and there are no cakes. Some are offended, some get angry, some think they have been deceived, and some see deception everywhere. If you are grand, strictly adjust the filters and then will play against people who thinks similarly.And when I compare opinions, FUCheaters is probably right. I have about 3,500 games on one account and no one forbade me to play. You're probably annoying your opponents somehow. I always report harassment when someone locks me in a corner, gathers an army in every round and doesn’t attack me. He laughs and waits for me to surrender. Maybe it's normal for someone, but it's not for me. Why do something like that? When you laugh at people showing your power, they only defend themselves as best they can. I hit with all my strength like a suicide and someone else reports you.
Is there somewhere you get messages letting you know if your reported? Also i play on my phone so i cant go fast either. And i try to play similar like players. (I try to play as many masters/grandmasters as possible). You are right that i have certainly made people mad, but not from cheating. Sometimes outsmarting another player makes them mad, but thats what the game is about. If you lock someone in a corner for a strategical purpose (like to get their cards in progressive) that is part of the game. I dont make alliances with anyone unless i mean it. And almost never look for alliances unless someone else requests it first, cause too many people use the alliance to betray you. What i am upset about is people reporting someone simply cause they are mad that they got outplayed. This thread is about cheaters, so im bringing up the other side to that. Many people are accusing people of cheating who are not really cheating. Or at least that must be what happened to me. Or like FUcheaters said, maybe i got reported for harassment for laughing when my enemies get attacked, which is all in fun. How do you know the reason for a ban or report? Do they send you a message or a warning somewhere telling you why you were reported??
There is a very easy fix to the cheaters problem: add a local "do not play with" blacklist, where you can add other players' names to prevent them from playing with you. Store it locally on your device as a text file, so it's small. Prospective players could be screened against it before being allowed to join a game you host.

Obviously, it wouldn't catch every cheater -- but you'd only come up against a cheater once. (And by checking this forum, you could find and add the names of more cheaters to prevent them from playing against you.)

John

1. I was never notified that I was registered. 2. When I mentioned the angle, I meant the situation where only the two of us are left. Then it is not polite to humiliate a defeated enemy. Just destroy it. 3. There are no alliances in my filter settings. Never. 4. Like I said, a lot of nervous players. Especially in the last 2-3 months. In my country, we had house arrest and curfew from Thursday to Monday. This must have consequences for the player's nerves. 5. If you want to play, I'm sure you have another device. Install, start from scratch and in 2-3 days you are a master. Of course, if you're really that good. And wait for your old warrant to be released. When you start from 0, you learn something you missed. That happened to me. And maybe you realize you're overreacting somewhere.
All the cheating in this game is the reason why I only play games in which I created. I also only open 3 slots not including myself, two of which are computer fills. That way its just me vs the other guy and I am assured there is no cheating.
How is it a "challenge" Matt? If you're playing a standard Risk game there's almost zero chance you can beat one person using two accounts, that's not a "challenge". I've been playing this version of Risk for years, I stopped for probably a year just because the cheating was out of hand and it was a waste of time playing. I come back and I see it's basically the same. Like I said in another post I've lost at least 3 games in the past few days, long, drawn out games, where at the end I found out someone was controlling multiple accounts, so not only did I lose but I wasted all that time. Look at the pic I posted, 4 players left I’m green. I had been about to take over Australia when Yellow cashed in cards and put all his troops there....then Yellow botted out. PurpleHad SA and was taking over North America. I knew if Purple took over NA the game was over so I had to leave Australia to attack purple. I thought Orange would try to stop Purple but Orange just started putting men at the Euro entrance to NA. Never attacking Purple. If you knew at the beginning it was one player and you were a masochist maybe it would be a challenge, but when you find out late in the game there’s nothing you can do about it. In that game there was me, a player controlling 2 players and a dumb not, that I believe was originally controlled by the purple player too. I quit watching when it was just purple against the “bot” but I’m sure purple won. I believe his ranking was expert. It’s gotten to the point where I’m suspect of anyone with a high ranking.

Don't think they ever said that, they just said you were seeing cheaters where there weren't any.

Effy Zay --

That's close to what I do.  (I like to play the 6-player game, with 3 AIs and 2 additional human players.) Perhaps that's why I don't run into cheaters very often. 

alton macgruff 7

orval muttonchop 7

Samu Ag and ImeldaHurricane6

Avoid games with 'expert' Irma Von strop 3, a novice sets up the game (forgot name) and the expert joins as last player - same person.
Thanks. You fully understood what I was trying to explain. They exist, we all need to report them, but only when we are 100% sure. Today at the moment I was about 95% sure. I was already sure I would report them when they started destroying each other. Ooooopppssss ...
Login or Signup to post a comment