Start a new topic

Cheaters

I have reported all the cheaters that I know for sure in the game because some of them are very obvious. However, this issue has yet to be resolved. I would like to be able to get back into the game after being wiped so that I can see the end of the game and figure out who's cheating for real. This game is not fun at all if people cheat and I am considering to find something else more entertaining and healthy to play.

21 people have this question

If you go over the card limit you receive a double turn in. I think it's 8? Pretty much if you are holding 4 cards and you take down someone holding 5, you get a double turn in
Simple solution, do away with rankings and just play the game for fun, without the ranks there is zero reason to cheat

Finding cheaters in risk seems like a ideal problem that can be solved using the AI features that are in all the main cloud services such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud.

For anyone not familiar with how these work is that you take all the data you have about a game. This should things like usernames, IP addresses, Platform, Complaints about a game, Length of game. Rankings etc. Basically anything at all you know about the game and the players.

Then you need to produce a dataset of games that were won by cheating and dataset of clean games. This is something that would take a little time but I am sure staff and volunteers could review games and flag them as clean or cheating games. This then becomes what is called the "training set". You give the AI systems this dataset and then they learn what games with cheating look like. Obviously the bigger and better the dataset the better the AI engine can learn.

One you have trained the AI engine then you pass a game to the engine and it will return a figure for how confident it is that a game included cheating.

I am interested in these kind of computer system but it is not really my speciality. Are there any experts in cloud AI who could comment on this.

You need to submit a ticket so that SMG can take action. I don’t think just posting on forums is enough. Please submit ticket. I have submitted dozens of tickets on cheaters. It takes some time, but I do it every time because I hate letting these cheaters get away with it. What I really can’t figure out is what satisfaction do the cheaters get out of winning this way??? How is that fun for them?

I've been awhile for a while but the cheating is worse than ever.  Since I've been quarantined I've played probably 10 games in the last 3 days and fully a third of them ended with a cheater winning.

Why is it SMG can't do something about all the people using multiple accounts? 

It's absolutely infuriating when you start out with six people and you play for an hour and then you find out 2 accounts are being ran by the same person.  Not only do you lose but you just wasted all that time.

I just lost a game where there were 4 players left, I was in Australia about to take it over when wouldn't you know it, Yellow, who I outnumbered 17 to 2 cashed in his cards and suddenly has 12 guys blocking me in Australia, Yellow then proceeded to become a bot.

Meanwhile Purple has taken over South America, is taking over NA and the Orange player who is in Europe keeps putting all his men at the European entrance to North America.  He doesn't try to take over Europe, he doesn't attack purple to stop him from taking over NA, he just blocks the entrance so I can't get to Purple.

Just beyond frustrating.  So of course Purple takes me out, then takes over NA and then takes out Orange who just sits there fortifying.

I mean really, the game is broke.  How can SMG expect anyone to buy this POS when half the players in the game are cheating?

Yeah, I don't know why they changed the emoticons.  I mean, they sucked and were way too limited before but they really suck now.

They got rid of the "confused" emoticon which was the closest thing to what are you doing/I know what you're doing.

They should have a "suspicious" emoticon at the very least.

Thanks I will do that in future
So you're one of those sad campers then nigel . You break the game doing it that way and it becomes this weird pot luck 1 v 1 game .
Hamilton smooth bore 5 & stone trump 5 These two are Cheating it must be the same person master and grand master , green and blue , it even got to the stage that green did not cash on cards or attack Blue and chose to fortify. Quite sad it ruins the game .
IMG2055.PNG
(871 KB)
IMG2054.PNG
(888 KB)
IMG2053.PNG
(913 KB)
IMG2052.PNG
(892 KB)
IMG2056.PNG
(586 KB)

You can lodge complaints through a support ticket, the proper channels. Please stop now.

Some suggestions to avoid playing with cheaters. 1. Create the games you play yourself, so you set the rules. 2. Set the minimum level of your opponents to Intermediate. Cheaters usually play with one higher ranked account and one beginner account. 3. If 2 players join at the same time, kick one out. John
Shimon and Keith, I have seen users playing with 2 accounts have both accounts defeated for multiple reasons like: they were automatically assigned bad starting positions, they were too wreck less and wasted their troops early, the other players realized that they were working together and made alliance to defeat them... etc. Sam is not 100% wrong. You could be an awesome player and have things fall apart quickly due to bad "luck" or game randomness. I've seen games where no matter how many times you reinforce a position the computer just will not let you defeat those last two troops keeping you from taking a continent in time. I've seen players form alliances and work to defeat someone for no reason at all and then lose! There are times where this game just makes no logical sense so you can't say that luck isn't a factor.

Hi Guy,

I almost always do raise a ticket. Then I post the same details here so that other players can see who the cheaters are and hopefully avoid playing with them.

I have also raised a ticket suggesting ways SMG could improve the ticket raising process to make it quicker. I got a response saying they have some bug/ticket raising developments in the pipeline, and thanking me for the suggestions, but I doubt it is a priority for them.

It took me longer to raise the last ticket, than it took for the cheaters to wipe me off the board.

Cheers

Kieran

Hey! Confused emoticon is coming back next update, along with several new ones added to the General emote pack. Additionally, we'll have weekly community suggested chat expressions! You can join the Discord server to suggest and vote for those :)

If you remove the option to allow players to play together ((join as friends), then yes this would remove that option to exploit that feature. Still saying it's not cheating, as in something SMG should fix.

I do think it would be a good option to remove joining with friends as this is being exploited WAY TOO MUCH!

Login or Signup to post a comment