Start a new topic

Cheaters

I have reported all the cheaters that I know for sure in the game because some of them are very obvious. However, this issue has yet to be resolved. I would like to be able to get back into the game after being wiped so that I can see the end of the game and figure out who's cheating for real. This game is not fun at all if people cheat and I am considering to find something else more entertaining and healthy to play.

21 people have this question

I know this comment looks long and intimidating but please consider reading it because it is a worthwhile read for all who enjoy playing SMG's risk game that features interesting insight based on a year of playing it with premium. I think real cheating is extremely rare. But sadly since cheating leads to success the leaderboard seems clustered with cheaters. Especially really high up. I don't look at the leaderboard that much but I know that every now and again top ranked players disappear from it in a way they couldn't just by losing. In most cases that means SMG has penalized them for cheating. As far as I am aware to reach the top spots (top 100 or so) you have to play with lots of bots or cheat. Another thing I have seen is that some people play really odd games (dlc maps, short timers, manual setup, etc.) where they have the advantage of hundreds of games experience. Personally I play the very standard six players automatic progressive 3m classic map. Yes I probably have more experience with that than my opponents but most all of them have played that style of game enough to be comfortable, especially since I strive to always get highest ranked opponents possible. Of course playing a game that is familiar to you but strange to your opponents is not cheating and playing with bots is not cheating and trapping opponents in games with bots is not cheating. When I say cheating I mean playing with more than one account in the same game or altering the game so that you can break the rules. Still the more bots in a game the easier it is to win. I almost always play against five human opponents which is makes it much more difficult to advance my rank once in the gold star range. And I have empirical evidence. I have an account ranked 800 or so. I use that against human opponents. That one tends to fluctuate in the 1000-350 range. I have another account that I used to use for bot games and trapping high rank opponents. That on is now in the high 300s but that is only because I stopped playing with it because it was too boring. I had it consistently around 250 before. But back to cheating, it's too easy and too rewarding. There are many honorable players, myself included, who would never cheat. But others have less respect for the game. Just think about it people could play with two or more of their accounts, a bot, and no one else! No one would report them that way. I suppose it's possible that you can't play a game with everyone on the same network, I have never tried. But a really determined cheater could get around such a restriction if it existed. SMG really should do automated record checks for the top 500 accounts. The check would consist of the same process those reported for cheating are already subject to but in an automated fashion. Suspicious accounts would be flagged for human attention. Also I think there should be four leaderboards one for progressive five or six players. One for progressive three or four players. And same deal for fixed.

@josh

Here my way to avoid your "lovely" cheaters:  Create your own game and put 1 or 2 computer opponents and a single human opponents. Take into account that you gain points even   if you dont win the game  because what matters are only human players.so it's enough , in order to gain level , finish the game in a better position than your human opponent. My strategie is let the computer players grow and  get at least a country from human player. 

You asked me if it was cheating, genius........

I'm interested in other people's opinions. Looks like you drove them all away because only you answer. You know everything, everything has to be the way you think. I was hoping someone else would answer. Your opinion doesn't matter to me.
David, I'm sorry I didn't answer. I had to rest my nerves from this topic. Now I can't find where I can report cheating. They certainly work in pairs or someone uses two accounts at the same time. Can anyone help me where I can apply? Just not the one I don't communicate with.
My experience with reporting cheaters is a large number of banned accounts. The wonderful lady in the SMG team is constantly and hard working on finding cheaters and banning their accounts. For example, I report a couple, and she digs deeper and finds 4 cheaters cooperating. I have to stand in their defense because they deserve it. Did you report the cheater?
Cheater with 2 accounts. Such players should be kicked
IMG0534.PNG
(605 KB)
Two more losers : sageshandler19 (beginner) & Alan The Great 6 (novice). Both players were OBVIOUSLY the same person. They didnt attack each others all game. Then when one had a chance to eliminate a legit player to grab his 5 cards (8 vs 1) he decided to fortify and let the other get the kill & cards. Fucking pathetic.
IMG9737.PNG
(615 KB)
Just found these 2 clearly working together, pisses me off, there should be a function where you can tell them instantly there cheating and been reported
An honorable gamer. Too bad everyone isn't that way. I'm tired of getting tagged teamed right from the start on 3 player games. And, until they fix things, I can only use automatch and it always puts me in 3 player games. Sigh....
I am pretty sure I saw a player get 16 bonus troops off a card turn in on a fixed bonus game. That's the message that popped up upon turn in. It occurred after they placed their normal draft troops so it wasn't the territory bonus added to the turn in. Anyone see that before?
Absolutely! Like I said it I might be paranoid. But it's usually the 3 player games that include a master and then a novice that seem fishy to me. Although I'd like to think I'm not a sore loser, but when the novice let's the master do what he pleases while going on a suicide attack against me that could not possibly lead to a win for him it makes me so salty. Either you win, or make up excuses lol
Cheater 1: Pointer Sophie, Grossmeister
Cheater 2: sbhur, Meister [Screenshot 1]
They play together from the beginning, not attacking each other.
But the final evindence is clearly given in the end, wenn there are only these two players remaining, then sbhur don't attack Pointer Sophie at all (although sbhur has 76 units to attack!!!), but waiting not doing anything, untill Pointer Sophie wins! [s. Screenshot2 & Screenshot3]
IT IS NOT VERY FUNNY PLAYING WITH SUCH PEOPLE! They destroy RISK as a TOP GAME!
PNG
(1.29 MB)
PNG
(1.29 MB)
PNG

My bad, I've never seen that before. I was referring to individuals who have the game on two devices. They use a Risk account on one and a their "main" account on the other. Then just put them in the same game and you have two armies. It possible I'm paranoid, but it makes sense.

Yeah, you keep saying how little my opinion matters to you......over and over as you keep replying.  How's your "buddy" Matt?

Login or Signup to post a comment