Start a new topic

Cheaters

I have reported all the cheaters that I know for sure in the game because some of them are very obvious. However, this issue has yet to be resolved. I would like to be able to get back into the game after being wiped so that I can see the end of the game and figure out who's cheating for real. This game is not fun at all if people cheat and I am considering to find something else more entertaining and healthy to play.

21 people have this question

> so if someone does something like randomly suicide on me after their 4th turn.....what I report that as?  "Cheating"?  "Collaboration"?  "Hacking"?  "Harassment"?

Collaboration, of course, or as general cheating if they aren't suiciding on you to make another win. But sometimes that's not cheating, sometimes that's just someone being an asshole. Happens in real life games too.

As far as sending friend requests to block someone.....give me a break.....just give us a way to BLOCK THEM.  We shouldn't have to jump through ridiculous hoops to block cheaters, non-confirming players, idiots who mess up games, etc.

You REALLY don't even need a block feature. The likelihood of getting in a game with the same player twice, unless you specifically find and join their game, is so small it's practically nonexistent - there are 23 million players.

I've already addressed the AI.

Anyway, I'm going to go reply to all the other comments in this forum, in Steam's discussions, in the Discord, in Amazon Reviews, in the Steam Reviews, in the Reddit, and in the Discord Tickets now. Thanks.
Matt....you’ve defended cheating....literally.....for years. For years lol. Your posts are all still there for anyone to see. You started a thread about how using two accounts isn’t cheating.....then replied endlessly defending cheaters who use multiple accounts in one game. That’s all 100% fact. So don’t act like you don’t cheat or defend cheaters and cheating. Anyone can read what you’ve written, lord knows you’ve made enough posts over the past few years. I have zero respect for someone who champions cheating like you do. Next time if you’re going to lie about playing a game make sure the time stamps a little further apart.

David

Glad you got that sorted out.  Like I said I've reported a lot of cheaters and SMG almost always responds to let you know what the outcome was and many times SMG just gives them warnings for a first offense so it didn't make sense that you'd be banned with no warning if you didn't cheat.

Glad to hear they're working to upgrade their cheating detection though.  The only way I've found to avoid cheaters is to host my own games.  So far so good.

When I was playing other player's games the cheating was rampant.  Too many people more concerned with their ranking than just playing a game.

Eric Asmodius,

If they make the changes to Auto Match as you say, perfect! (..and Thank You)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then would they remove users ability to report players, since it's all random ?

Blocking, agree with you "pointless" with 23 million players, noted, and thank you!

These pieces of shit. They didn't even make an attempt to hide that they were tag teaming me. I should have learned that 2 people with the same number at the end of their moniker is just too coincidental. What the hell is wrong with you cheating pricks? You're so pathetic that you can't even play a game of risk without having to have the upper hand? Grow up. Or play cribbage with your mom and cheat against her you foul humans. BUSTER BURN 10 and GUSTAVE CHUMPSTON 10 you are both or singularly assholes.
IMG0045.PNG
(2.02 MB)
Too many people cheating... is not fun any more.
Do people think cheating is common? I tend to get my backside kicked from time to time with both human players and bots (expert bots!) employing rather dubious strategies. That said, I don't think that I am being cheated myself. My reasons are that I always create my own game with myself and two "expert" computer opponents. I then wait for a human player to join and wait a couple of seconds in case they don't fancy playing against one human and two bots. Regardless of their rating, I then start the game. Being rated highly (username Northantsovich..... GM or Master usually), I often find myself under heavy assault from a human opponent wanting a scalp, especially if I am last turn and the two bots have decided to have a go at me too. I still enjoy the challenge. I have even gone on to win such games having been down to one territory with one army! No lie!! It pays to never give up. Too often a human opponent will leave the game if they think they can't win. You get nothing for leaving the game. Even finishing 3rd out of 4 means your rank doesn't drop as much as it normally would. It's sad that people cheat but that's life.... Using my method above guarantees no cheating. That said, on one occasion, my human opponent seemed to gain lots of extra armies on their first turn (no continents but gained about 10 armies instead of 3). They went on to lose (left the game) but it did make me wonder if anyone else experienced this? Cheers! Tim So, whilst there are undoubtedly unscrupulous players, I am not among them.
Well said Daniel. Having twice the amount of troops as everyone else is definitely cheating.
Hi Guy. I played against these two a short while ago and I 100% agree with you that person has 2 devices and is a cheater. A similar situation happened to me where it was obvious both of profiles working together to kill everyone else and one was feeding cards to the other. So I hope SMG will remove them from this game. It’s really no fun when there are so many cheaters! Glad you put a ticket in.
Anyone else notice the "observe" after losing button. When there is something fishy going on and I get killed when I'm thinking to myself no way because I'm fortified, I have the advantage, etc. Then boom I'm killed. I am noticing the cheaters are very quick to want to add you as a friend right after they know you are going to report them for the obvious cheating.
It's people who have it on there iPad and iPhone. Watch out for the 3 player games with high ranked players and a Novice with a generated name.
Scott I'm curious, what makes you think it is iphone or ipad?

Somebody mentioned people not confirming and botting out earlier but just as bad are people who quit midway through.

I just "won" a game where there were 5 of us left, 4 humans and 1 bot,  I was a little ahead on troop count but I didn't have a territory.

Anyway, about 40 minutes into the game 2 players just quit.  Both of them had about as good a chance as any of us to win too.

I just don't get it.  It happens a lot, probably because I play games late at night and people go to bed but if you're that tired don't start a game.

I ended up taking out the other human opponent pretty quickly then spent 10 minutes taking out the two bots but it really ruined what was a pretty good game. 

I will start to report, but i am not sure if it might be a game glitch My blitz and regular attacks are being blocked while killing AT LEAST one of my men. Anyone else experiencing this?
MacKeeng is a very obvious cheater. He together with okey the bear 9, who is his novice ‘sidekick’. Okey the bear 9 just sat in a corner doing almost nothing throughout the whole game, except occasionally attacking me. There was one time when he could have easily knocked out another player with one territory to get his cards (instead he just deliberately passed on the opportunity to MacKeeng to seize that players cards). Disgusting and blatant cheating, in fact the worst I have ever seen! It’s so obvious that it sickens me that there isn’t even any attempt to disguise it! At least with other cheaters they try to make it not so obvious!
Login or Signup to post a comment