Start a new topic

Cheating vs Exploit

You should be careful accusing someone of cheating.

-Two players ganging up on you is NOT CHEATING!

- One player playing two accounts is NOT CHEATING!

- BOTS tough one, but still saying the BOT has no actual cheats but just another account to try and give the player an edge. Not much dif. then having a second account. Still saying this is NOT CHEATING!

I calls these exploiting a games feature, and impossible to stop.

I have hundreds of games logged in Risk, and have not seen one person actual cheat, as in roll sixes every roll, control the game so no one can move but only them, GOD mode where you can't hurt them, etc. NOT ONCE!

I do see many players trying to get an advantage with a second account, but honestly most of them suck and need two accounts.

I see many posts about cheating, but I challenge any of you, prove they actual have cheats vs just playing a second player who also is not cheating rather then playing dirty.

1 person has this question

Over thinking this, but...

I suspect many don't like playing with newbies as they suspect their 2nd accounts, etc.

With everyone random in the game, their are no more 2nd accounts, and newbies are simply new to the game or someone starting over. Neither I have an issue with.

Thoughts?

Yeah, Matt, I know dice CAN do that.  But 3-4 times in a row?  I've never seen it happen in a board game  that's for sure.  I'd like to know the odds on that happening.  Anyone here an actuary?

But I know it COULD happen.  That's why I was asking a question.

Are you trying to be ironic when you talk about "whiners"?  I mean....you started this thread whining about how people shouldn't call you a cheater just because you use two accounts lol.

I played a guy yesterday who was using two accounts, it got down to four players, a bot, me and red and orange.  Well I attacked orange who was next to me in Africa, I had SA and most of NA.  Red was in Australia and Asia.  The bot had most of Europe and some of Asia.

So what happens?  Once I attacked orange red moves out of Australia.....orange moves into Australia......and Red surrounds the entrance to Australia and begins attacking me.  We all had roughly the same amount of men except the bot which was just doing what bots do and randomly attacking whoever was nearest it.

So since that's not cheating and you're such a great player that you can overcome twice as many troops, twice as many rolls, twice as many cards......explain how you would win the game in that situation?  Just hope you get 100 lucky rolls in a row and can take out the red AND orange player without losing all your men?

The orange player just sat back and used his red account to attack me over and over and take away my bonuses while he built up troops in Australia.  Even if I could have somehow beaten Red I still would have Orange to deal with who would have a massive troop advantage. 

So let me know how you could possibly win in that situation buddy. 

FU like I said, I understand why people "suicide" in the game sometimes.  Too many people just want to sit around collecting cards. 

In fixed card games it becomes monotonous when nobody will make a move.  Winning the game often comes down to who will sit there the longest.  I just play for fun.  I don't have time to sit around and play a 4 hour Risk game.  If I'm playing with someone who is not even trying to advance and is just sitting there waiting for everyone else to do something I eventually will attack them just because they're ruining the game.

The game is only fun if people actually try to win and keep advancing, if all someone is going to do is sit there and attack the same territory every turn to collect cards and build up troops that ruins the game and could literally go on forever.

Like I said in an earlier post I don't get why people think if everyone is equal in turn 1 of a Mexican standoff that they won't be equal in turn 10 since they're all collecting cards and bonuses at roughly the same rate.

Hack cheat perhaps? I have 7 against one ( first or second turn in 6 player game. I attack and win then I get a brief disconnection error before I can move whatever number of armies. When I get reconnected the enemy I was attacking has the 6 or 7 armies and the territory. I lost a third of my armies and one of the opponents gained as much.

If I misread, forgive..

1st, I'd have to sya, read no sign of cheating, this is good. Did read a sign of one players controlling who will get the kill in Australia, but protecting the border, but not taking it over. Strategy...

Depending on troop count, and sounds like end of game, I would be at  stacked phase, where I don't care about my countries anymore. I only play progressive (Fixed just too boring for me, it's a stack and wait for someone to attack, very little strategy), anyways I only care about countries till cards are worth say 20+, then I start troop moving to one kill territory. I'm about the kill, not how many countries I have. Sometime I don't even get a country, this is War, only one winner.

I prefer people to play my game, then theirs. So I would wait for the player protecting Australia to attack, then attack him if game not over. Yes, there is def. a chance he will get cards and kill me, but if he doesn't get cards, he'll be weak. There my chance.  If I can't kill, then I attack as many One's (troops) as I can, try to live long enough to turn in cards. I wan't the win, no matter how long the game goes. Only one winner.

I try to use strategy with every move. Sometime I may not even attack, accessing how many troops I would loose to how many I would gain. Like 1st player, should almost always skip a turn, never be the 1st to turn in 5 cards to receive 4 troops, skip one turn, and now it's more like 20. Skip a turn meaning, don't attack anyone for one turn.

Don't know if I would win Jason, but that's how I would play that out. Same dice, just use strategy and look at every single troop as their important.

That's a bug. If you disconnect in the middle of taking a territory, during the troop movement phase it can register the troops you're moving to the territory as going to the opponent who lost the territory. It's happened to me before you just need to try to move as few as possible so you don't lose too many. Sometimes, connection bugs can result in 0 army territories and you can't even attack them if they went to the other player. I've seen players end up with extra armies from this because their own territory will show blank (0) and then at the end of the turn risk corrects it to a 1.

There was also a case where a guy who was going to mow me down had connection issues and somehow I ended up with a trade of cards worth of troops evenly distributed to 2 territories. It's a known bug as per SMG. My own guess is that he had attacked offline to those 2 territories, then connection finally came back, it moved him back to where he was when he last had connection and then it awarded the troops he had to those territories. he was pissed, making angry faces at me for the rest of the game like I had done something wrong. I was still going to win anyway but it made the game one less turn having to be hashed out with the extra redemption worth of troops right there.

Call it what you want but you are wrong when you say there is nothing they can do about it. Check the game records of the suspicious or reported players. Most of them probably plays most of the games with another account, and they place 1st and 2nd. Here I made a post to ask the reset of one master and one expert rank for cheating/exploit http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/11000026234?page=1

Yeah, you totally misread Matt.  The Red "player" was defending the Orange player instead of taking him out.

The red "player" was suiciding himself and taking me with him so the orange "player" could win.

If you "sat back" and waited for the red player to attack the Orange player would just grind you down with red....then when he had a hundred troops or however many he needed to guarantee victory he'd come in and finish you off. 

There's no way you could win that game.  None.  You have one player with twice as many men, rolls, cards, etc. 

Your "strategy" is dumb.  No wonder you need two accounts to win.

We'll that's a new idea, with software developers making upwards of $70 an hour, ya lets have the sifting for players who aren't playing fairly.

I hate cheaters, but would rather see their software developers working on game code, updates, fixes, security patches, new content, then looking thru logs or watching game reviews. To ultimately find someone who's a pore-sport and plays dirty, but never hacked the game or has another app playing BOTS, altering the DICE or something that would be a game killer. A Crit 1 for them, per say.

Ya, I'm gunna get slack for this post. All good, my fault, I have the options to not watch news, jsut as the option to not read these forums. I like it for some odd reason :)

Daniel, like I keep telling him....he doesn't get to make up his own definition for "cheating".

SMG itself calls using 2 accounts cheating but even if it didn't....still cheating.

Like I said just last night I played a player using 2 accounts.  Of course he didn't make that evident till there were basically 3 "players' left.  There were actually 4 but one was a bot who was no threat to anyone, just not worth taking out at that point.

It was me, red and orange, as soon as I attacked orange red started attacking me and protecting orange.

It's infuriating to play a game for an hour only to have some cheater reveal himself at the end and make it impossible for you to win.

People using multiple accounts is so rampant I just assume anyone with a high ranking has another account in the game so I watch them like a hawk for any signs of cheating.

Last night the red and orange accounts didn't do anything really obvious until everyone else was out of the game and it was too late too do anything about it at that point.

"Narrow my vocab"?  You mean by using words correctly and calling cheating "cheating"?  Nobody cares if you don't understand what the word cheating means.  Using more than one account is cheating.  It's not even debatable.  I don't care what your personal definition of "cheating" is, you don't get to just make up new meaning for words lol.

Just because something is possible doesn't mean it isn't cheating.  PEDs are used all the time in sports....still cheating, not an "exploit".

Like I asked, are you one of the cheaters using 2 accounts? 

Using 2 accounts is cheating.  It's gives an unfair advantage.  2 accounts gives a player 2 times as many men....2 times as many rolls.....2 times as many cards......they can use one account to protect the other, etc.  When you have 20 men and the other guy has 40......how is that not cheating? 

It's against the rules to use more than one account, right?

http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/11000017727

Fair Play Rules

To clear up any confusion in the community on what constitutes cheating we have the following Fair Play Rules..

1. Hacking the game, in any way, is cheating.

2. Using multiple accounts in the same game to gain an advantage is cheating.

3. Playing with someone you know and working together to gain advantage is cheating.

Pay special attention to number 2 there, that's from SMG itself.

So go tell someone else your personal definition of cheating because it doesn't change reality and the reality is this game has a problem with cheaters and they're ruining it.

With the spectate feature all you have do is watch the game until the end and you can see if someone is a cheater and I see it all the time. 

Your over thinking this...

Create game finder w/ filters, done!

- Example: I choose "Game Finder", choose map, timer, card type, auto, etc. and "Find Game"

- This joins you to the queue, where you see users joining your game.

- One final confirmations before start, anyone failing to click start gets booted, and the rest remain in queue (top level) pending last player and retrying start confirmation.

Every game you would join with other random online players and feel free to ally all you want, part of the game!

And Matt....AGAIN.....you realize people can watch the games after they're eliminated right?  Like last night I watched the orange player finish off red after he finished off me and the purple bot.

The red account didn't attack orange after I was finished.  It just sat there and let orange take it out.  OBVIOUSLY ONE PERSON using multiple accounts.....which is cheating.

There's no way to win against that when you all three are roughly equal.

Your right Jason, everyone's a cheater and everyone's using multiple accounts.

You complain every day, we'll as long as I've known of you...

Are you having any fun?

I still play this game for fun, nothing you can do that will change that.

Yes, I'm still open to playing you a game, you wouldn't except my challenge before, expecting the same.

Just for the record,

I never said one player playing multiple accounts isn't cheating!

I've only tried being a voice of opposition to everything in dought is absolute cheating, immediate judgment, to post them publicly, name them/punish them with zero proof! (Shame them)

I hate cheaters to, but everyone's so busy crying wolf on petty things and don't think any of you (or VERY few) have seen a real cheat in Risk. I've seen bugs in the game for sure, some cheap players, but nothing I could call an actual cheat.

- Anyone seen someone roll ALL sixes thru the entire game?

- Anyone seen someone use GOD mode, aka game cheat codes developers coded into the game?

To summarize,

What are the worst cheats you can mention in this game of Risk?

- Excluding you thinking two players are out to get you, just for argument...

I'm betting the list is real short, or null !