Start a new topic

Cheating??

Today I don't know how it was done but I saw and took pics of the game. We had a grandmaster in the game and as he was about to get beat then the game freezes then resets it self to the beginning, after playing for over 30 minutes. I don't pay for the game and expect this kind of cheating to be going on. I would like a refund of my purchase because this is absurd. The first picture was taken at 2:52 Mountain standard time. As you can see the player tim pinky 2 had no troops left as he was already defeated. The two last pictures have a time stamp on them. Look at the game timer the red bar on top from the previous picture is less than the latest picture timer has on. This has to be fixed. How do you developers allow this kind of cheating to take place??? Makes me think this Alain and Tim pinky are developer working for your company!!! How does a game reset to the beginning once it was supposed to be over???

1 person has this question

Porsche Rios a 7 "Grandmaster" is definetly cheating, Mable Slick 7 is his double account, no doubt. I noticed the way the novice account was attacking was weird in the beginning. I attacked the Grandmaster in leaving Africa for the novice , he didn't go for the obvious but attacked me then in Europe instead, I am pissed.
Does SMG look for this....?
I haven’t seen as much cheating as people claim to see here, and I suspect the vast majority of it is just alliances holding up and people wanting to see cheating to explain their losing. That said, after about 300 games, I have seen a few kind of fishy incidents. 1. I’ve had one game like those described here, where mere alliance didn’t seem to explain the way one player acted as the stalking horse for another player, and I suspected they were one person with 2 accounts. But they were both low ranked, so there’s a good chance my suspicions were wrong. 2. I host all my own games now, and I had an incident the other night where a M and GM signed on at exactly the same time. When I booted the GM, the M dropped out. Then the same thing happened 3 more times, like the Master wasn’t going to play without the GM in the same game. 3. I just played a game where an expert formed an alliance with me at the outset. I was in good position in SA and he looked primed to take Africa with strength, but then he started acting weird. Went for a long shot attack on someone holding Australia. Failed. Australia came back and took a bite out of Africa. Then this expert I had the alliance with went kamikaze after the guy holding Australia, weakening both of them to the point that I took the game easily (the 4th player was a bot). I would expect that from only a beginner or a cheater, and if I had been watching that game, I would have thought I was cheating with the kamikaze expert. Can’t explain his behavior, but maybe some of the situations where people see “cheating” are situations like this. Maybe the guy let his emotions get the better of him. Maybe he just had to leave the game for external reasons and figured he’d reward me because I’d honored our alliance early when I could have hurt him. I don’t know. Bottom line is, I think there may be some of this cheating that people are talking about, but right now I just don’t buy that it’s as rampant as everyone complaining says it is.
Cheating does not seem to be as rampant as before.

Damn GrandMaster just cheated on me. Had duel accounts, I reported on the link. Pretty obvious too since both his accounts were the last two standing and then his fake account had cards, and he just put it in the center. Annoying as well. Now I know how GrandMasters play and won't be playing any of them.

Its so obvious when a "Grandmaster" plays.   Stick around after one of his accounts wins and spectate, its soooooo obvious that the grandmaster wins with his/her other account doing nothing at end.   

Why does someone like to cheat?   How can anyone feel game satisfaction after cheating?

I'm with you. I like to play. I'm at Master level (around 4000) and when I hit a slump I drop to about 30,000. But I like playing and getting back up. And that requires playing against lots of various types.

“ Renate Ironside 7 “ and “ Dan Abdiel Garcia de Leon “ are cheaters don’t play with them ... they need to add an option to block them from entering any future games you host at least

I have 1 primary rule I live by when it comes to who I will play Risk with and who I will allow to join my hosted games:

*  It doesn't matter if I am hosting or joining someone else's game...if I see a Grandmaster in that game, He is booted out if I'm hosting.  However if I join someone else's game, I just simply get the heck out of it or don't confirm my play..  Don't care how legit or not he is.  Not going to waste my time on a game that has a better than average likelihood of cheating going on.  

*  I used to also give the boot to anyone at the 'Master' level as well, but am more tolerant of that level now since I changed my game strategy of only allowing 1 human person to join me and the rest are the A.I. so in that way, it would be impossible for them to play 2 different accounts in the same game.

I am currently

1 person likes this
Fear of the walking dead hahahaahahahahaha :) the same granmasters also can make report button dissapear so i can not report him!!!!!

We have banned several cheatrers, hackers and exploit users (double troop bug users) last week, and we are in the process of granting rank points to players who lost against those.

- Ivan@ SMG

1 person likes this

It would be so easy avoid cheaters  if one would be able to see geo location and ip address of his opponents.  When one human uses 2 characters they must have in common at least one of these these two  things.  Now every devices is GPS-able so should be very easy implement this feature. 

Cooperation

Aurelio,

I get what you're saying, but that idea has some serious privacy/security problems.  I, for one, would not want my IP address or my location to be made public like that.  Furthermore, there are still many devices that are not GPS enabled.  In fact, the device I use to play risk is not GPS enabled.

There are other ways to keep cheaters out of your games.  This is what I do:

1) I always host my games.  This gives me complete control over who can join.

2) I never play novices.  This stops most of the two account type cheaters because often one account will be a novice and the other will be an expert, master, of grandmaster.  It takes longer to get games going this way, but the extra time is worth it because it helps avoid cheaters.  Furthermore, I would do this even if it weren't for cheaters because most novices play like fools and often ruin otherwise good games.

3) If players join my game at the same time, I boot all of them except the highest ranking player.  More often than not, the high ranking player will leave too.  I'm even suspicious of players who join within 10 seconds of each other.

4) I never allow more than one player at or above master class into my games.  The probability of randomly running into more than one player at or above master class is roughly 0.00000484.  Master class starts at around rank 11,000 and according to SMG there are over 5 million players; (1.1*10^4 / (5*10^6))^2 = 4.84*10^-6.  So if you see more than one player at or above master class in a game, they are probably cheaters.  However, this isn't necessarily true if the host is a master.  I myself am a master and I always want another master (or grandmaster) in the game, but it's rare that I actually get to play against one.

Doing those four things will keep most cheaters out of your games.  Of course all that does nothing against the hack/cheaters, but they're much rarer than the two account cheaters.

Agree on the privacy concern. I think one thing SMG could do is to build a battle log for users. Something like "most common player you're in battle with." This would easily give away the cheaters. 

And for non-cheaters, it's a great stat to see how many games you've played against your kid, SO, or parent. I would love stats like that. And if you do know that someone isn't a cheater, to see what that rivalry is like. 

I've definitely learned a lot from this forum. First, I never play GrandMasters now (I'm at Master level). No point unless it's 1-on-1 with bots but even then, it's a crap shoot since it's all luck rather than strategy. Anyway if there were more player info, I really believe that will help a great deal.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment