Start a new topic

Cheating??

Today I don't know how it was done but I saw and took pics of the game. We had a grandmaster in the game and as he was about to get beat then the game freezes then resets it self to the beginning, after playing for over 30 minutes. I don't pay for the game and expect this kind of cheating to be going on. I would like a refund of my purchase because this is absurd. The first picture was taken at 2:52 Mountain standard time. As you can see the player tim pinky 2 had no troops left as he was already defeated. The two last pictures have a time stamp on them. Look at the game timer the red bar on top from the previous picture is less than the latest picture timer has on. This has to be fixed. How do you developers allow this kind of cheating to take place??? Makes me think this Alain and Tim pinky are developer working for your company!!! How does a game reset to the beginning once it was supposed to be over???

1 person has this question

Wow @Mark ,

Thanks for your statistics: I never thought about the % to meet two granmasters in the same game, and, let me say, you are right. 

I'm playing this game - and I love it 'cause when I was young I was kinda addicted - for about one year (more or less) . About cheaters: I met only one time a guy who did double his army in a country at the end of turn. Just one time. Most of the time I met double-account-one-persona cheater type that you described. 

Then there is another issue that many people think is cheating but I'm not sure. Can be a bug: it's when your turn expires immediately and you are not able to do your move and system deploys your armies on behalf of you. Reading this forum I notice that many users met this problem .  

What do you think? bug or cheater? 

I've never heard of that one, and as a player it's hard to say what's going on.  If it's a bug it will likely happen at a seemingly random point in the game.  If it's a hack, it will likely happen at a critical point in the game.  But it's very hard to tell with some strange events whether they're bugs or hacks.  A good hack could look like a bug, and a bad bug could look like a hack.

I was just hacked by Lexusgs35, critical point in game I just got set of cards and 125 troops in NA to single digits by Lexusgs35, then they sent like 2 message request in split second where I could not move then they froze the game a millisecond then magically gained 198 troops. Total BS and they need to be banned
During the start of my turn I had 11 troops in one country vs 1 troop of Andre's the Hammer 5 the game froze a split second and when it started back i had 1 troop and Andre's the Hammer had 11 troops. This is getting old how do they hack like this and how to avoid it. And I'm 99% the green and orange was colluding same player. But either way green Andres the Hammer 5 definitely cheater hacker
I know, this cheating is total BS. I was just playing and a player had three countries in Africa, 1 army, 1 army, 10 armies I had attacked and won all but the ten when the game froze and reconnected me I WAS BACK WHERE I STARTED AND NOW THE THREE COUNTRIES HAd 15, 18 and 10 armies Total bull Sh*T!!! How is it possible for you to allow people to hack the app?! This is broken and a waste of money

1 person likes this
Here is the REAL problem: it is IMPOSSIBLE to win a game if RISK, playing by yourself, if two other players decide to "team up". That's the bottom line, period! It doesn't matter if you are playing IRL or O/L, whether there are 3, 4, 5, or 6 players, or what the rank of ANY of those players is. two players teamed up will always, always, always defeat the others. Online risk help to mitigate that problem if you can truly get a group of actually random competirors in a game. The ONLY way that I have found to assure that is to include 2 human players and the rest comps. There is literally no other way besides that arrangement to verify that you don't have two armies teaming up. whether those two armies are controlled by the same person or two different people is almost entirely irrelevant.

I'm great at the game of RISK when I play other people. I usually win.  When playing against your computer I win. I have played SEVERAL GAMES with "live" people at my rank or below and have never come CLOSE to winning.  I'm not going to play Steam Risk until the cheating problem is solved.

Login or Signup to post a comment