Start a new topic

Cheaters

I have reported all the cheaters that I know for sure in the game because some of them are very obvious. However, this issue has yet to be resolved. I would like to be able to get back into the game after being wiped so that I can see the end of the game and figure out who's cheating for real. This game is not fun at all if people cheat and I am considering to find something else more entertaining and healthy to play.

21 people have this question

exactly, everything that is reported is just ignored.  Like they claim they cant hack and freeze the game.

Junior Defiance 2 is a cheater

Just when I think this is gonna be a good game... sigh im blue 

So what cheat is being used?

- Did anyone roll all sixes every roll?

- Did anyone have unlimited troops?

- Did anyone have GOD mode enabled, and you can't attack them?

- Did anyone take over your game?

Did anyone actually cheat, and what was the cheat?

Two players playing together is cheap, but it's called an EXPLOIT, and not fixable.

As long as both players are rolling the same dice as you, and complying with all the same rules as you, whats the cheat?

Note, I don't like allying, and I typically don't ever ally, but I do at least understand an EXPLOIT vs a CHEAT!

Everyone needs to stop yelling at the developers to fix an exploit, which isn't fixable.

It's like asking a loser to stop being a loser, and start playing more honest.

- Its a character flaw, but still not cheating!!!

Mitzi Bazalgette 3 and Newfiejanes 

Anotha one

How do I report these cheaters! I went from a master to intermediate all because of hackers reversing games. Lost connection then the player receives all my troops when I cash in.
Too many cheaters I can't stand it
IMG9475.PNG
(1.17 MB)
IMG9469.PNG
(795 KB)
IMG9474.PNG
(946 KB)
Disappointingly, SMG declined to take any action against this cheater. The explanation was that “they” don’t do it “consistently.” So, it appears that just cheating once in a while is OK. Ugh.

This doesn't prove much. We don't know what happened with the blue. Maybe he needed cards to become stronger. I just played a game with another cheater, the "master" Elia Abou Chabke. His second account is "Gary The Rock 5". His tactic was that the two of them supposedly were gathering forces to fight each other for N. America. After i eliminated two other players they split and they started fighting. I seized Elia Abou Chabke and his second account got much stonger and he was trying to protect him, even when he was left with 2 soldiers, exclusively by my hunting. His second account surrounded the two remaining "master" soldiers so I wouldn't be able to approach him because i was weak. Finally I took the "master's" cards and even though I lost the game, it was a sweet feeling when i eliminated his main account. Those players like Elia Abou Chabke are just pathetic. I would be ashamed to connect my fb account with the game if i were a pathetic cheater like this guy. But, he got what he deserved. Cheers mate!

Matt L - Would you say that if you signed up to play a 1 on 1 game of basketball that it was cheating if your opponent brought another player to help him? You know, someone to spread the floor, grab rebounds, things like that?  The two players are not equally trying to win. If you could watch til the end of a game, you would see one would just quit as soon as all the other players were gone. That is the cheating that is occurring in some of these games and it is definitely fixable. They can make the room assignments random based on what board and style you want to play. They can enable a better chat.

I also want to say that I have played hundreds of games and only ran into this type of cheating 6-7 times. Some people say it is rampant but I don't see it. There are a ton of assholes in this world (and if you are cheating like this on a mobile game, you are a bit of an asshole), it is nice to call one out once in awhile.  

Encouraging update from a ticket submitted on cheaters last month I wanted to share here:

---

Hi cjohnson596,
Ticket: http://smgstudio.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/4787

These players have been confirmed and cheaters and punished.

Thanks

Phillip@SMG

---

Appreciated the response and follow up by Phillip@SMG

For reference, this is why we prefer not to give out information on the results of cheating reports. People tend to be unhappy if action isn't taken.

Guy, it is probably best not to post on the public forum information that could help cheaters not get caught.

- Phillip@SMG

More cheaters: More cheaters. Hectorles26 is a two device cheater. His dummy account is Niraya26. Throughout the game, they left the border between them between North and South America completely undefended, never attacking each other anywhere. While it seemed at first it might just be an alliance, it became clear at the end that it was a two device cheater. In the first picture attached, only the cheaters two accounts and I are remaining in the game. The dummy account (green) continues the strategy of attacking only me, but then stops and leaves my one territory so Red can get the cards on the next turn. In the next picture, Red has taken me out, but as you can see leaves himself completely undefended from Green, because in reality Red and Green are one player. As you can see, Green at this point has a significant advantage and is in a position to launch a devestating attack on Red. Instead, predictably, green never attacks again, allowing the “Master”to win. See the next two slides with Green having not moved. Ticket submitted. Everyone needs to keep submitting tickets on these cheaters until SMG can devise a way to prevent cheating.
Do cheaters ever get banned? Just left game with gabrielle fennel 2 and roxie the pious 3. Obviously cheating throughout. I wasted my days token rations on this.
I agree Risk could do a lot more to control the cheating, I like the random assignment idea, and better chat may not stop it but would allow other players to call it out. But it is rampant, I honestly think it affects 75% or more of games I play, and I am talking about obvious cheating that goes beyond alliances,
Login or Signup to post a comment