Start a new topic

Cheaters

I have reported all the cheaters that I know for sure in the game because some of them are very obvious. However, this issue has yet to be resolved. I would like to be able to get back into the game after being wiped so that I can see the end of the game and figure out who's cheating for real. This game is not fun at all if people cheat and I am considering to find something else more entertaining and healthy to play.

21 people have this question

Cheater with 2 accounts. Such players should be kicked
IMG0534.PNG
(605 KB)
I understand the frustration of being ganged up on but (to play devil's advocate) what if you have 2 people in the same room who want to play together? Is that really cheating? No one says this is strictly a single player game but I think there should be single and group playing options.

1 person likes this
If the two people in the same room each want to win the game, that's fine.  If they are playing so that only one of them wins while the other one sacrifices themselves to that end, what's the point?

Anyway, the main problem is when it's the same player with 2 accounts, where one account is just used to benefit the other.  This would be like playing in a room, where one player gets two sets of armies and uses one to allow the other to win the game more easily.  Now, imagine that scenario where the other players in the room don't know the one player is controlling both armies. This is the scenario in this game
which most of us consider cheating.

1 person likes this
One thing you can do to try to avoid cheaters is to always start your own game and remove any suspicious people. Like, for example, you have an Expert join and soon after a Novice joins, I'd remove the Novice.

The only way to deal with it and eliminate cheaters is to know how many times each player has played with each other during the game selection. It's an easy update and SMG should consider that seriously.

2 people like this
Just played JustJoshn! He is able to get a territory card without gaining a territory first. He is a cheater and should be banned from playing.

Hi Ray Lok, 
I've seen others do this, too; that is, gain a territory card without winning any territory it seemed. How can anyone cheat like this? SMG folks, if you're reading, how is this possible? 

I just reported two grandmasters that teamed up in the most obvious way : Toeny88 and mimfasano1. Hopefully they can remove them and their status since that is all they care about.

Whenever I suspect cheaters I resign myself to not winning and just try to help any other players in the game win. Since we can't stay in after the game, I'm not sure how successful I have been. 

I see quite often that a players gets a card without winning a territory. It is super annoying and messed with the texture of the game. I am pretty sure it happens when the AI takes over and the AI doesn't have enough troops to make a reasonable attack so it just deploys doesn't attack. SMG, please correct this in the next update and in the mean time at least acknowledge that this is how you programmed the game. Many people are noticing and complaining.
It's people who have it on there iPad and iPhone. Watch out for the 3 player games with high ranked players and a Novice with a generated name.
Scott I'm curious, what makes you think it is iphone or ipad?
I am pretty sure I saw a player get 16 bonus troops off a card turn in on a fixed bonus game. That's the message that popped up upon turn in. It occurred after they placed their normal draft troops so it wasn't the territory bonus added to the turn in. Anyone see that before?
My bad, I've never seen that before. I was referring to individuals who have the game on two devices. They use a Risk account on one and a their "main" account on the other. Then just put them in the same game and you have two armies. It possible I'm paranoid, but it makes sense.
If you go over the card limit you receive a double turn in. I think it's 8? Pretty much if you are holding 4 cards and you take down someone holding 5, you get a double turn in
Scott I don't think you are paranoid, some people probably do use 2 accts in one game as it would be easy to elevate your rank that way. However, I don't think it is as easy to tell as some people think. I have been in many games where I had an ally and we left our borders completely undefended because we both knew if one of us attacked the other would mess him up. I have also been in games where at some point it becomes obvious that 1 player will most likely win. At that point I basically play for second place which some people seem to really dislike or think is 1 player with 2 accounts.
Login or Signup to post a comment