Start a new topic

Cheaters

I have reported all the cheaters that I know for sure in the game because some of them are very obvious. However, this issue has yet to be resolved. I would like to be able to get back into the game after being wiped so that I can see the end of the game and figure out who's cheating for real. This game is not fun at all if people cheat and I am considering to find something else more entertaining and healthy to play.

21 people have this question

David,

I've never been banned from a game (I was banned from here because ol' Matt there is a snitch) but I have filed tickets against many many many cheaters and I always get a response from SMG.

I can't believe they would ban you with no notice but if they did you can ask them why they did it.

Lorilemha

The cheating sucks but I doubt anyone is ganging up on you because you're a woman.  I rarely even notice if someone is a woman and when I do it's only because they use that generic female icon.

There are a lot of players who are just idiots.  They need to have a block feature, I'm pretty sure there used to be one on the back of player's cards but they keep changing the setup and I'm not sure if it's still there or not.

I just won a game where a purple player camped outside of Australia waiting to wipe me out and take my cards, he let the blue player take over NA,  he let the Yellow player take over SA and a bot took over Europe but instead of attacking he just hung around outside of Australia. 

I sat there waiting for the idiot to attack me (we were about equal strength) which would have killed us both.  Luckily I traded in my cards first so he went after one of the other guys after they were weakened .

But that's where Risk gets frustrating.  I ended up winning but I could have lost if that idiot had attacked me instead of the other guy.  He ended up pissing everyone in the game off though so the blue player ended up going after him and they weakened each other to the point that I could take both of them out.

But that particular game was not skilled based, it just was just luck, I got lucky that I could trade my cards in and I got lucky that the purple idiot attacked one of the other guys instead of me.

Lorilemhar, if I may..

You notice people look for possible weakness in Global Domination, and attack?

Without trying to be rude, perhaps you don't understand this game.

Risk objective is to Take Over The World! World Domination is in the Title, not following your thought path.

I'm betting when your strong, their not randomly attacking you.

I pretty much stay at the Expert level, can't seem to stay a Master long... lol One thing I've noticed being a female player is young men seem to enjoy ganging up on female players repeatedly and it's frustrating, thinking of opening a new account and choosing a masculine name & character. I notice when I am ahead against a higher rank player a pattern of glitches and it leaves me wondering honestly. I prefer playing with humble players, and honestly hate the assholes who constantly laugh when they're killing you. Talk about rubbing it in. They sure don't laugh when the shoe is reversed. I started playing this game because I loved playing with my kids, but here lately I find myself pissed off alot. People here are obviously shitty and it's obvious they enjoy being assholes and instead of just playing a good, honest game their agenda is to be an asshole. Players need to just play the damn game taking the common sense moves without an agenda of targeting people or ganging up on them.
David, did you ask SMG why you banned? I didn't read you ask them. You will probably get an answer from them.
Sorry David. I was thinking of someone else. He certainly doesn’t cheat but does something else that bothers many players. Jason Allen. It's amazing what conclusions you draw. You practically said I was defending cheating. Thank you. My cheek is clean and I have nothing to be ashamed of. Sometimes I overreact on the board, but I think I play fair. According to you, every third game is a scam. When I played snooker online for a year, reached seventh place and saw the program connect me to a bot, I stopped playing. Simply. You claim that everything is dramatic and you insult people for no clear reason. If you doubt someone, fire at them, ruin their plans, and you will make up for the points in a fair game. I will not answer you anymore because I am offended by your opinion. You can consider whether you have gone too far or not. I do not care.
Where do you even get a warning? Do they send a warning message through the android app??
Jason Allen, i have never been warned or even notified of being reported...ever. never ever ever. And then now i'm suddenly banned with no warning or explanation. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IS THERE SOMEWHERE YOU GET WARNING MESSAGES THAT IM NOT AWARE OF? Ive asked this 3 times, and noone has let me know. UNLESS there is some place u get messages from the risk people that i am unaware of. I have never been warned or even reported to my knowledge. I was just banned with no explanation as to why. Its pissing me off and im losing respect for Hasbro gaming. Ive spent days n days on this game. At least give me a message why i was banned or a warning. 537- To answer your question my risk name is "Brock The Loud 25" I play on my phone on the app. I bounce between Master and Grandmaster....youll be most likely to see me on maps like "Mall of the dead" or America, or Central america. And against good competition. Its really starting to annoy me that ive never cheated and yet i have no explanation from Hasbro as to why i was suddenly banned...and NO I WAS NEVER GIVEN A WARNING WHATSOEVER.

I was just taken out in a game by a player when there were 3 of us and a bot left.  The purple player who took me out had 40 men and zero continents.  I had 37 men and zero continents, all my men were in one territory in SA.

The third player, Orange had most of NA, most of Africa, and had Australia.  The bot had Europe.  The purple had NA then left to come down to SA (where I was) when Orange attacked NA.

So guess who the purple player takes out for 3 cards?  Me.  Unfortunately I hit the wrong button after I was defeated so I didn't  get to see what they did after that but the moves they were making made no sense unless they were in cahoots.

But there was no tactical reason to attack me.  It basically wiped out the purple player for 3 cards.  The orange player was right next to him with 20-some men.

So I'll mark that one up to suspected cheating.

Божа 537

You and Matt seem pretty tight.   Ol Matt has been defending cheating for years and now your saying the same stuff he does.

Weird.
Matt explained something to me that I didn’t know and I don’t see anything wrong with that. This proves that a person can easily make mistakes and accuse someone who is not guilty. I thought the players on the pc were favored and I was wrong. I’m not saying there’s no cheating, but I don’t think there’s that much. I have less than 20 friends for so many games. I have to thank everyone who helped me. I still don't think there is that much cheating. Sometimes people just lose their nerve. 15 minutes ago, a player blew me up for no reason. His position was around 22,000 and he consciously lost the first one. It also happened to me that a woman who is on a short list of friends accidentally enters the game. She remembered me and suddenly stuck out her tongue, said goodbye and hit the third player like a suicide. Someone who doesn’t know what it’s all about would surely think the two are playing together. I don't even know who that woman is. I mean, it's not always what it looks like. When someone experiences cheating more than once, it is difficult to calmly assess whether there has been cheating again. I have two accounts and I do not use them at the same time. I don't see anything wrong with that. When I come across him on another account, he won't know what happened. Another account is used for that.

Божа 537 

You can say you don't see the cheating (you remind me of someone BTW) but it's there.  I have posted many examples on these forums including a couple in this thread.

Like I told another user I've cut down on it by starting my own games and kicking any players out who join at the same time or if they seem suspicious. 

There are tons of players using multiple accounts out there and it's often high ranked players.

I've had it happen to me over and over.  Like I told your "buddy" Matt there you can watch games to the end.  I couldn't tell you the number of games I've been involved in where it got down to three players left and I found the other "two" were actually one player.  They'll finish you off hen one player will just sit there and fortify while the other takes over the world. 

Out of all the games I've lost I would estimate 25% were due to straight up 100% proven cheating and that's no exaggeration. 

What makes it so maddening is SMG doesn't ban players outright.  I got a response to a ticket I filed about 1 player taking me out then just sitting there and letting the other player win where the mods or SMG or whoever looks into it said "it was two friends and they didn't realize what they were doing was wrong". 

Who the hell doesn't know using two accounts to win is wrong?  Besides your "buddy" Matt there?

David, I know for a fact that they don't ban players for the first offense because several tickets I opened....with pictures of the cheating.....resulted in players just getting a warning.  And that was after them getting caught cheating red handed.

So I have a real hard time believing you were banned for no reason with no warning.

Yes, I found and tried. That's it. Thanks a lot Matt.

Adding, the game now allows turning off Camera Animation in setting.

It's a little awkward at first, but MUCH FASTER awhile attacking opponents. 

Might be what your seeing Божа 537

Login or Signup to post a comment