Start a new topic

24 hr+ RISK turn timers

IDEA: Asynchronous turn-based mode with 24 hr+ turn timers for slower-paced game. Multiple save game slots to support several ongoing games, and allow you to close the game and return back later.

HOW TO VOTE FOR THIS FEATURE? Tap the 'Do you like this idea?' below

107 people like this idea

I really love this idea! I want to play more ranked games but I can't afford to get caught in a 3 hour game. In my chess apps, I receive a notification when it's my turn, then I have 24 hours to make a move. Consequences vary on not making a timely move but this is typically plenty of time to pick up the game and make my move. Please consider this functionality!
Remember “Words With Friends” game? It got huge popularIt’s because you could play with friends, and only dedicate a few minutes a day to it. This is a must have for this game to become wildly popular.
In the simplest form, you could allow 12-hour, 24-hour, and “none” turn limits. Then have an option to turn on a notification when it’s your turn.

The developers need revenue so I'm not sure giving away 1 token every hour would be a good idea - why would anybody pay for the game if you can play a game every hour...

However getting 2 tokens if you win a game would be great!

It's would be nice reward for the winner and give a greater incentive to play well. 

Come on SMG - it's been 4 years!

Let us have this awesome feature!

It will bring you millions of new players! 

You could even make it only for people who've paid for Premium - dudes, at least half the players will upgrade! 

If the Connection problems will take a long time to resolve - then Daily games should definitely be the next big feature upgrade as it mitigates this issue... until SMG can finally provide a 100% reliable Live game mode!

The big Chess apps have developed an almost perfect method of implementing "long term" games: 

People can create any game they like, with all the options they prefer - and can choose over what time scale they want to play...

This feature would add even more reason for people to pay for Premium - as Live games can take hours to play so one online game a day, is enough for most casual players... therefore the token limit has only moderate impact 

However, Daily games, by their nature, allow for dozens of games to be running... so people paying for unlimited games is much more likely to happen 

Also, it would be much easier for friends to organise a game where they all play together - and drastically reduces the constant stream of players leaving a game half-way through... where you ultimately end up playing a Bot (which is what you wanted to avoid in the first place lol!)

Personally, I was quite surprised when this functionality wasn't present in the game when I downloaded it -  and I'm sure I 'm not the only one who thought that lol... because it pretty much comes as standard with most strategy type games so is fully expected

No doubt countess people immediately uninstalled when they realised it was only Live games...

PS:

SMG, please notice in the Chess app above, that it's possible to 

1)"Watch" other peoples games 

2) Choose the range of Ranks who can join

3) Choose whether the game will be used in your Rating 

All great features - which I hope you guys are looking to develop!

A long term turn based mode is a must for this game!! It can be a friends only feautre to postpone addressing absent player issues. It would require the game to keep the player in the server even if they turn the game off after completing a turn. Simple notification system to alert the player when it is their turn (turn time starts) or to inform all players about who completed their turn, territory gain/loss status etc. would be useful.

This would be great feautre that me and a lot of my friends would consider paying a little extra for. Also this new mode would add a lot to the popularity of the game as well since It'll become quite convenient for casual players.

Playing multiple games at the same time this way would be a lot of fun too.

Comment from SMG more than two years old: "This is a feature we want to add and is a priority for us." Any news on this feature?

Great idea but there should be added phrases like "Sorry, but I need to go", "I will come back this evening/next day/ on the weekend/ next week

Just like how chess.com does it. I'm actually uninstalling the game b/c this is how I thought it would be. 

Great! Any idea on time scale?

1 hour per coin....Also winning a game wins two coins

This would be especially awesome right now, since we're all stuck at home!

Please breath some life back into this feature, I haven't even picked up RISK in years because this feature doesn't exist. I fired it up to see if there was a way to make this happen and was met with the same hurtles. This would add tremendous value to your game, all we need is to see it work and the community will back it! 

Login or Signup to post a comment